Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Teams to beat!! Predictions please

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Chin Music » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:30 pm

[quote="DunninLA"][quote="NORCALGOLD"]"One kid pops up a bunt in a critical situation and her pops goes to the back of the dugout to scold her - "

Bet the U of Tenn and U of Kentucky scratched her off their list.
Chin Music
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Guess Comets will not be posting anytime soon... sad that they still allow that behavior at 16u seriously???
SoftballG

by Comets16 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 pm

lmao, love you guys! Ass hat .2nd inning went to dugout to encourage her after bad at bat, 4 inning I chewed her out popping bunt up, 7 inning she knock in game winning RBI. She plays this game to win not a college scholarship! See you next year...
Comets16

by AM Softball » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 am

Comets16 wrote:lmao, love you guys! Ass hat .2nd inning went to dugout to encourage her after bad at bat, 4 inning I chewed her out popping bunt up, 7 inning she knock in game winning RBI. She plays this game to win not a college scholarship! See you next year...

Don't even let the bullies on this board get to you...which I know you aren't with your response because if these parents say they never yell at their kids or coaches never should yell at these kids, they are probably not being very honest. I haven't seen one coach this summer that never once yelled at a player. Not ONE!

There are some players that shut down when a coach yells at them and there are some that get their head out of their azz and do better when you get on them. A good coach knows their players and what will motivate them. I think it depends on what you are yelling more than the actual yelling itself. Stop being soft and take it sometimes if you deserve it. Own the mistakes instead of crying about someone getting on you.

If you think most of the college coaches are not yelling or doing worst things than yelling, your daughter will have a rude awakening when she gets to college. I would guess a high percentage of coaches/parents use yelling, some more than others, at some point in their season/life. It is just one aspect of motivation and discipline and 16s and 18s should be able to handle it.
AM Softball

by dirtlover » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:32 am

Comets16 wrote:lmao, love you guys! Ass hat .2nd inning went to dugout to encourage her after bad at bat, 4 inning I chewed her out popping bunt up, 7 inning she knock in game winning RBI. She plays this game to win not a college scholarship! See you next year...

Problem here is a parent going to the dugout to do anything (except maybe deliver water). Once little Suzy enters the dugout for a game she is on an island. At that point players play, coaches coach and parents cheer. So sit down and stay out of your kids business. She doesn't need to be coached from the stands. She needs to figure it out now before she is out in the real world driving or working or in a relationship. Daddy won't be there to yell her into shape.
dirtlover

by CharlieHough » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 am

AM Softball wrote:

Don't even let the bullies on this board get to you...which I know you aren't with your response because if these parents say they never yell at their kids or coaches never should yell at these kids, they are probably not being very honest. I haven't seen one coach this summer that never once yelled at a player. Not ONE!

There are some players that shut down when a coach yells at them and there are some that get their head out of their azz and do better when you get on them. A good coach knows their players and what will motivate them. I think it depends on what you are yelling more than the actual yelling itself. Stop being soft and take it sometimes if you deserve it. Own the mistakes instead of crying about someone getting on you.

If you think most of the college coaches are not yelling or doing worst things than yelling, your daughter will have a rude awakening when she gets to college. I would guess a high percentage of coaches/parents use yelling, some more than others, at some point in their season/life. It is just one aspect of motivation and discipline and 16s and 18s should be able to handle it.

You totally missed the point of the situation.
This has absolutly nothing to do with a kid being able to handle being yelled at coaches. My kids actually like tough coaches.

The real, and very sad point, is that this piece of work DAD chases his kid down in the dugout multiple times to confront her, both positive and negative. She got to the point where she turned to him and yelled SHUT UP!

I was with a group from our team and we all looked each other in disbelief. After she told him to shutup he scurried back to his spot on the fence right behind the blue. Is that motivating the kid in any way at all?

Something tell me he wants to win championships more than she does and with him acting like that, she may not have to worry about that scholarship thing. How do you think her car ride home was?

FYI, their coach does enough yelling for all the parents on the team.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by heretostay » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:08 am

AM Softball wrote:

and this comes from a yeller and screamer herself. :lol: haven't you been booted from like little league and had teams turning on you because the way you treated your athletes or are they just rumors because people are jealous of your softball coaching success :?:
[size=85]Do you mind if I drag these across your chin?[/size]
heretostay
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:56 am

Comets16 wrote:2nd inning went to dugout to encourage her after bad at bat, 4 inning I chewed her out popping bunt up, 7 inning she knock in game winning RBI

So you are justifying your actions?? :roll: Can she function without you? You should keep your mouth shut for one game and see if she can.

Comets16 wrote:See you next year...

When the traveling carnival comes back........can't wait

Comets16 wrote:She plays this game to win not a college scholarship!

Okay, she plays to win, what is your excuse?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch