Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Teams who turn down a bid should be banned for one year

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:19 am

ontheblack wrote:Last year CA Lockman played States with no intention of going to ASA. USA Athletics Eveland did the same this year. The ones who can complain are the ones who were knocked out by those teams. Take them out of the mix and it changes the dynamics of the tournament.

CA Perez did the same thing this year. It obviously has some effect on the final order of finish, but it has no effect on which teams get a berth. Any team that wants to go to ASA/USA Nats can get a berth because SoCal ASA can't find takers for all 13 of its berths. I'd like to see more teams playing in the SoCal ASA Championships for the competition and bragging rights.

Require a check for Nationals at the beginning of the Qualifiers to be returned if they don't qualify and cashed if they do, with no refunds after qualifying and the problem is solved. I can see ASA doing this, but not PGF, as they have a hard enough time getting teams to play qualifiers as it is.

I don't see either organization doing that. SoCal ASA should view their tournaments as championships rather than qualifiers. I agree PGF won't do anything to discourage teams from entering.

I'd rather see both organizations collect a nonrefundable entry fee from teams when they accept their berth.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am

PDad wrote:SoCal ASA should view their tournaments as championships rather than qualifiers.

Agreed, which is why Lockman and Eveland both played to win. FWIW, I dont think its an issue who plays and who accepts a berth. If you didnt win one, you really have no bitch to pitch.
ontheblack

by Battle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Leave it alone. There is no fix for this without unwanted repercussions. You will lose more than you gain by charging a deposit or imposing a penalty.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by freetacos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

I think the NCAA should probably help out with this...It is all about scholarships right? I could see some lawyers having fun with this..

ft
freetacos

by Gaphitter14 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Why doesn't Asa have qualifiers instead of just a state tourney?
Gaphitter14
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch