Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Berthers or Schindler's list

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jmo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:This shows a trend toward which tournament costs less, and that PGF saves CA teams a lot of money. Which we already knew, or suspected.

MG Esparza didn't qualify for either and is done for the season.

12 Teams are doing both PGF and ASA Gold

Which ones? I ask because on the TX boards some are saying that the same org is sending teams to both, but they aren't the same teams.

American Pastime
So Cal Athletics (playing 16U PGF)
Texas Rapid Fire Menefee
Texas Peppers Bass
Wichita Mustangs
KC Peppers
Atlanta Vipers Dean
Texas Glory
Finesse
Minnesota Sting
Strike Zone

Actually 11. Newtown Rock I think has two teams.
Last edited by jmo on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:This shows a trend toward which tournament costs less, and that PGF saves CA teams a lot of money. Which we already knew, or suspected.

Correction, they are now on the list for PGF 16u.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Safebyahare » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Heh, Trophy, do you smell something in isle 5 :?: :lol: :lol:
Well,,, good for them, :)
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Safebyahare wrote:Heh, Trophy, do you smell something in isle 5 :?: :lol: :lol:
Well,,, good for them, :)

Good for them is what I say too. :D
As the only team on that list not (previously) going, I'm sure they belong, and will be very competitive.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by Safebyahare » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 pm

I also like the 18's addition of Washington Lake Breeze and Sorcerer Blue.
I am glad the Super 8 use their powers for good, instead of evil. :D :P
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Safebyahare wrote:I also like the 18's addition of Washington Lake Breeze and Sorcerer Blue.

Did either of them finish top 10 at a Colorado tournament?

The Super 8? Sounds like a motel chain. :lol:
Trophy Hunter

by jmo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:I also like the 18's addition of Washington Lake Breeze and Sorcerer Blue.

Did either of them finish top 10 at a Colorado tournament?

The Super 8? Sounds like a motel chain. :lol:

Sorcerers Blue finished 9th at Boulder.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:47 pm

jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:

Which ones? I ask because on the TX boards some are saying that the same org is sending teams to both, but they aren't the same teams.

American Pastime
Texas Rapid Fire Menefee
Texas Peppers Bass
Wichita Mustangs
KC Peppers
Atlanta Vipers Dean
Texas Glory
Finesse
Minnesota Sting
Strike Zone

JMO....Explain if you dont mind how the Texas Rapid Fire, Texas Peppers were given a berth. They did not qualify, only attended one qualifer months ago ( they did play well ) then attended a Impact showcase instead of attempting to qualify at the second PGF qualifer. I did not see where they placed in the top 10 in any Colorado tournaments, but I could be wrong. Both of these teams are solid, but what about the other teams that supported PGF and placed in the top but failed to qualify. How does PGF come to this decision. How can PGF expect to gain respect from mid-west, south, and east teams.

The KC Pepper attended the first Texas PGF qualifier and showed well. The 2nd PGF happened to fall on the same weekend as the last ASA qualifier. This Peppers team went to ASA, they were in the 2nd 18U Boulder tournament. Again, what about the teams that supported PGF for two tournaments and showed well but PGF went another way.
TexasYellowBall

by CULater » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:10 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:

American Pastime
Texas Rapid Fire Menefee
Texas Peppers Bass
Wichita Mustangs
KC Peppers
Atlanta Vipers Dean
Texas Glory
Finesse
Minnesota Sting
Strike Zone

JMO....Explain if you dont mind how the Texas Rapid Fire, Texas Peppers were given a berth. They did not qualify, only attended one qualifer months ago ( they did play well ) then attended a Impact showcase instead of attempting to qualify at the second PGF qualifer. I did not see where they placed in the top 10 in any Colorado tournaments, but I could be wrong. Both of these teams are solid, but what about the other teams that supported PGF and placed in the top but failed to qualify. How does PGF come to this decision. How can PGF expect to gain respect from mid-west, south, and east teams.

The KC Pepper attended the first Texas PGF qualifier and showed well. The 2nd PGF happened to fall on the same weekend as the last ASA qualifier. This Peppers team went to ASA, they were in the 2nd 18U Boulder tournament. Again, what about the teams that supported PGF for two tournaments and showed well but PGF went another way.

Rapid Fire, Texas Peppers and Mizuno Impulse were given passed down berths when Storm-Wymer, Aces Express and Texas Kaos turned them down.

The KC Peppers finished 8th in the Houston qualifier behind the three teams that were awarded the passed down berths.

Are you calling the Louisville tournament in Colorado the 2nd 18U Boulder tournament? Just making sure I am understanding what you are saying.
CULater

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm

CULater wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:
jmo wrote:

American Pastime
Texas Rapid Fire Menefee
Texas Peppers Bass
Wichita Mustangs
KC Peppers
Atlanta Vipers Dean
Texas Glory
Finesse
Minnesota Sting
Strike Zone

Rapid Fire, Texas Peppers and Mizuno Impulse were given passed down berths when Storm-Wymer, Aces Express and Texas Kaos turned them down.

The KC Peppers finished 8th in the Houston qualifier behind the three teams that were awarded the passed down berths.

Are you calling the Louisville tournament in Colorado the 2nd 18U Boulder tournament? Just making sure I am understanding what you are saying.

thanks for the knowledge...............and yes
TexasYellowBall

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch