Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NEW ASA POLICY ON SELECTING USA SOFTBALL JUNIOR TEAM

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 am

CULater wrote:
Sftbll4ever wrote:
CULater wrote:And all the teams that play only PGF could play in one ASA qualifier and become eligible for the JNT.

They could have if there had been ample notification. By the time the next tryout, these girls that are seniors/juniors will be too old. ASA has now taken a great opportunity away from girls who would have made it.

So, don't you think that if a girl really wants to play PGF they can't go and be a pick up player on another team. I mean, if she is good enough, someone will want her right?

My kids have played ASA at the younger ages and loved it. Now, my youngest is happy to play PGF. I think it is great to have choices, play ASA or PGF. If you don't like it, don't play. Do I like that teams are being invited, NO, some of them do not deserve it, but PGF is doing what they can to build this program. There will be bumps in the road. Go play ASA and stop complaining

I don't agree with ASA changing the rules half way, just like I didn't like PGF changing the rules half way. But they are involved in a big pissing match and that is the problem.

It is not just about changing the rules, or a pissing match.

I think everyone has to agree JNT should have the best players in the country. Why run the team if you are not interested in that?

As far as PGF, they behave consistently for me. They try to have the most competitive tournament, while trying to grow geography.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:

I think everyone has to agree JNT should have the best players in the country. Why run the team if you are not interested in that?

As far as PGF, they behave consistently for me. They try to have the most competitive tournament, while trying to grow geography.

So by this reasoning ASA should review every player in the country, no matter where they are and where they play. Every podunk little tournament and showcase every weekend in numerous locations from sea to shining sea. How many people would that take, and how much money. And even then who is to say one evaluators assessment is better or worse than anothers.

It seems extremely more logical to me that they evaluate players who show they are interested in the team by playing tournaments sanctioned by the national governing body of the sport. Why should they waste their resources scouting kids if they don't know if the kids are interested? How else would they know a kid is even interested?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:

So by this reasoning ASA should review every player in the country, no matter where they are and where they play. Every podunk little tournament and showcase every weekend in numerous locations from sea to shining sea. How many people would that take, and how much money. And even then who is to say one evaluators assessment is better or worse than anothers.

It seems extremely more logical to me that they evaluate players who show they are interested in the team by playing tournaments sanctioned by the national governing body of the sport. Why should they waste their resources scouting kids if they don't know if the kids are interested? How else would they know a kid is even interested?

There is a policy in place that produces a very competitive team. You are running ASA. You
A) Politicize and try to make a buck, and wreck the concept of the team, then get all defensive and spinny when called on it.
or
B) Leave it, it was pretty much working.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:28 pm

If it's me, what I do is pick my daughter and a bunch of her friends. Fortunately some of those kids are pretty good! :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by tds » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:If it's me, what I do is pick my daughter and a bunch of her friends. Fortunately some of those kids are pretty good! :lol:

Oh oohhhh...pick me, pick me, pick me!!!!!!! :lol:
tds

by Dowhatulike » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:35 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:If it's me, what I do is pick my daughter and a bunch of her friends. Fortunately some of those kids are pretty good! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dowhatulike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch