Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Berths for June 15-17 qualifiers!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 pm

MrsStatham wrote:Nice you deleted my previous post...gee don't want people to read that the Firecrackers Roman Team brought in Jynx girls to qualify this weekend? All the junk your crowd complained about as far as the ASA stuff and and at your glorified friendly FC Roman brought in the Jynx 99 starting pitcher and 3 or 4 other players from their team that "qualified" to help them qualify in this weekends qualifier, wow. It's ok, I wasn't the only one there, maybe the Gamer folks would like to weigh in, guess not cause all you PGF cool aide crowd will bang on them for saying anything. I'm not a Gamer parent so bang away!

The problem with bringing in kids this late like this Firecracker team did is what happened to all the players who were displaced? They've been paying dues to help keep the team afloat all year and suddenly they are bumped. That's a really crappy thing for a coach to do. Classy move, tool.

It also doesn't speak well of the coach's ability to choose players to begin with, and even less about his ability to coach those chosen players up to the level necessary. Looks like he pays Rico a franchise fee to draw in talent on the Firecracker name, and when that doesn't work out just goes back to the well for more.

Total asshat of a coach, IMO.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
MrsStatham wrote:Nice you deleted my previous post...gee don't want people to read that the Firecrackers Roman Team brought in Jynx girls to qualify this weekend? All the junk your crowd complained about as far as the ASA stuff and and at your glorified friendly FC Roman brought in the Jynx 99 starting pitcher and 3 or 4 other players from their team that "qualified" to help them qualify in this weekends qualifier, wow. It's ok, I wasn't the only one there, maybe the Gamer folks would like to weigh in, guess not cause all you PGF cool aide crowd will bang on them for saying anything. I'm not a Gamer parent so bang away!

The problem with bringing in kids this late like this Firecracker team did is what happened to all the players who were displaced? They've been paying dues to help keep the team afloat all year and suddenly they are bumped. That's a really crappy thing for a coach to do. Classy move, tool.

It also doesn't speak well of the coach's ability to choose players to begin with, and even less about his ability to coach those chosen players up to the level necessary. Looks like he pays Rico a franchise fee to draw in talent on the Firecracker name, and when that doesn't work out just goes back to the well for more.

Total asshat of a coach, IMO.

If it's true and if that's the whole story then I couldn't agree more.

That said, I have a 14U daughter playing 18 Gold and she is not currently scheduled to play the week of Premier. How much of an asshat would the coach that took her and I be if I made her a gun for hire?
Last edited by fastpitchdad05 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 pm

You're talking about a team that's already qualified adding some depth for a run at Nats. No issue here, and clearly a different animal than described.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:You're talking about a team that's already qualified adding some depth for a run at Nats. No issue here, and clearly a different animal than described.

Thanks Trophy Hunter, I was asking a legitimate question and really wanted to know what you and others thought. Even though there's a very, very slim chance it could happen and even if we thought about it, I am not even sure I am comfortable with the idea, although I know it's been done before.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by J stilo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:03 pm

The problem with bringing in kids this late like this Firecracker team did is what happened to all the players who were displaced? They've been paying dues to help keep the team afloat all year and suddenly they are bumped. That's a really crappy thing for a coach to do. Classy move, tool.It also doesn't speak well of the coach's ability to choose players to begin with, and even less about his ability to coach those chosen players up to the level necessary. Looks like he pays Rico a franchise fee to draw in talent on the Firecracker name, and when that doesn't work out just goes back to the well for more. Total asshat of a coach, IMO.

Makes you wonder what these FC parents thought... The jynx girls that were picked up were difference makers and put usual FC starters on the bench! Were the FC parents just happy to qualify?
J stilo

by softballmafia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

So true.....stringing kids along.
softballmafia

by Trophy Hunter » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:32 am

softballmafia wrote:So true.....stringing kids along.

The kids maybe to some extent but moreso the parents, who write the checks an, especially in 12 and 14u, peacock around their kids games with their FC t-shirts and little window stickers looking like bumpkins who just bought the golden goose. They might as well have "naive" tattooed on their forehead. :lol:
Trophy Hunter

by 1prouddad » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:
softballmafia wrote:So true.....stringing kids along.

The kids maybe to some extent but moreso the parents, who write the checks an, especially in 12 and 14u, peacock around their kids games with their FC t-shirts and little window stickers looking like bumpkins who just bought the golden goose. They might as well have "naive" tattooed on their forehead. :lol:

I don't believe that. I think the parents of kids that are playing 12's and 14's are proud of their kids no matter what team they are on - yes they strive to be on one of the top teams (Firecrackers, Batbusters, Corona Angels, etc...), but I think no matter what team they are on, you'll see them wearing shirts and sporting window stickers supporting their kids.
I do agree that some of the parents on the "top team" at that age may be a bit naive if they think they're going to ride the wave all the way to Rico, Haning,Tyson. IMO, many will when you consider that those teams are drawing the top talent, but I also think that many will be changing teams multiple times by the time they reach 18's.
1prouddad

by 1prouddad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm

jmo wrote:
1prouddad wrote:
amab12 wrote:Congrats to 14U Cal Lite probably the biggest suprise to qualify (maybe not to them). Do they post the order of finish anywhere or does anyone care?

They really don't do an order of finish for the qualifiers. For So Cal, there was an upper winners bracket and a lower winners bracket, each yielding 1 berth. There was an upper losers bracket and a lower losers bracket which also yielded 1 berth each.

Top 4:
Firecrackers Brashear
Cal Lite
California Raiders
Batbusters Ybarra

So Cal Breakers Imoto and USA Athletics Eveland came up short of the berth and round out the top 6.

Actually the Order of Finish for all qualifiers will be up shortly

14u Order Of Finish:

http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/sc ... lifier.pdf
1prouddad

by UmpSteve » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Talking with a parent recently (at the local PGF Qualifier, in fact), who related telling his daughter she should be proud her high school team finished #3 in the state.

She told him in very clear terms that anything but 1st was a loser, and 3rd wasn't even the 1st place loser. Win or fail, the rest of the order of finish meant "fail" to her.
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch