Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Registering/checking in players/team game day

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Safebyahare » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:04 pm

On game day, So Cal Qualifier, may a team register it's players early in day for an afternoon game??
And/or the opposite question. How close to game time is acceptable? 10min. 15min.
Example: team is running late and gets to field 10min before game time. To register team will take how long? and will it result in forfeit? In other words what is the allowable shortest time.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Safebyahare wrote:On game day, So Cal Qualifier, may a team register it's players early in day for an afternoon game??
And/or the opposite question. How close to game time is acceptable? 10min. 15min.
Example: team is running late and gets to field 10min before game time. To register team will take how long? and will it result in forfeit? In other words what is the allowable shortest time.

Teams are to check in at least 1 hour before there first game. The Head Coach should have his printed verified roster from the Sports Age ID site. He will also need to show proof of insurance if he does not have PGF insurance. We will accept outside insurance for qualifiers only. The last thing the team will need is each coach will need to go onto his individual profile and print it out. This sheet will have the "Background Check Passed" listed. Coaches are to keep this on them during the tournament.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank You JMO, YOU are super AWESOME :!:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tony » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Do coaches need to be background checked for qualifiers?
Tony

by UmpSteve » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Tony wrote:Do coaches need to be background checked for qualifiers?

Speaking as a Qualifier UIC, they only need to be background check to be within the fences (in dugout or in coaches' boxes). Those without background checks get to sit in the stands with other parents and fans.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tony » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Thank you, didn't know if PGF required it since I'm not sure all other insurance around the Country require it.
Tony

by rdelawder12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Question in regards to player registration: If a team has kids that have to report to their respcetive college in July and aren't able to make it to the PGF tournament until Wendsdays games, what is thier requirement for checking in, since they are not avaialble to check in before Wednesday? Are they able to check in on Wednesday morning and be eligible to play?
Thanks!
rdelawder12

by jmo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:Question in regards to player registration: If a team has kids that have to report to their respcetive college in July and aren't able to make it to the PGF tournament until Wendsdays games, what is thier requirement for checking in, since they are not avaialble to check in before Wednesday? Are they able to check in on Wednesday morning and be eligible to play?
Thanks!

Yes, they are eligible to play. They will just need to check in when they arrive before they can play.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Tony wrote:Thank you, didn't know if PGF required it since I'm not sure all other insurance around the Country require it.

UMPSTEVE is very correct. All coaches that will be in the dugout or on the field must register thru the PGF registration site and have a "Background Check". For our own liability reasons, we do not accept ASA Background checks
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch