Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Texas Premier Qualifer ???

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by OBI » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 am

Can somebody explain to me why go all the way to Texas for a qualifer and not even finish the tournament ? And if your that desperate to qualify do you really have any business going to a qualifer ? If premier is intent on getting the best teams to play I dont understand then why are there so many Southern California teams are going so far away to qualify ?
OBI

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:31 am

OBI wrote:Can somebody explain to me why go all the way to Texas for a qualifer and not even finish the tournament ? And if your that desperate to qualify do you really have any business going to a qualifer ? If premier is intent on getting the best teams to play I dont understand then why are there so many Southern California teams are going so far away to qualify ?

This is covered in other threads, but SoCal teams usually travel to qualify because it's easier to get berths at other tournaments than it is at the SoCal tournament. When SoCal teams see only 2 or 3 teams entered, they jump at the chance to grab one of those berths.

It used to be in ASA there were times that no one entered a qualifier, and a SoCal team would registered a day or two before the cut off, and get the berth without ever having to go anywhere or play a game. Not quite as easy as the PGF invite system, but not too hard either.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by softball4everandever » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 am

OBI wrote:Can somebody explain to me why go all the way to Texas for a qualifer and not even finish the tournament ? And if your that desperate to qualify do you really have any business going to a qualifer ? If premier is intent on getting the best teams to play I dont understand then why are there so many Southern California teams are going so far away to qualify ?

From what I understand an email was sent that once teams qualified they were done playing. Don't blame the teams, a few in 14u wanted to continue playing but the option was taken away. From your post you sound a wee bit bitter...if the option is there for teams to qualify anywhere why are you so against teams using that option? ;)
softball4everandever

by OBI » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am

Trust me not bitter or jealous just curious ?
OBI

by fastpitchforever » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Agreed they think its easier to travel and qualify out of state where the softball "infidels" play. Interestingly, at the Texas Qualifier June 2-3, the 4 HS berths were earned by Houston teams, only 3 out of state teams were there.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch