Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Time for PGF to Give Texas Qualifier to Glory in Dallas

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by GO REBS » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

fastpitchforever wrote: Tells us 2 things, 1) top teams no longer support PGF, 2) ASA has nothing to worry about.

BOOOM!!
GO REBS

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 pm

GO REBS wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote: Tells us 2 things, 1) top teams no longer support PGF, 2) ASA has nothing to worry about.

BOOOM!!

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. You may want come back in late July - early August and check where the top 18U teams participated. My guess is that it will swing heavily in favor of Premier.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Eating my hat as we speak. Even with hot sauce it ain't too good.... Glad for the girls for the temp fencing...bout time.

I stand behind everything else I posted.

CU how long you been around?

ft
freetacos

by J O E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:38 pm

freetacos wrote:Eating my hat as we speak. Even with hot sauce it ain't too good.... Glad for the girls for the temp fencing...bout time.

ft

Even your accusation that this guy likes to hang around other's daughters...and all that your statement implies?
J O E

by jmo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:42 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:We started our final Saturday night game at 11:00 pm, finished at 12:45 am, in bed by 2:30 am, back up at 6 am, warming up at 8:30 am. Sounds a lot like a 12U tournament more than 18U. But to have Impact Gold/ Texas Glory using the main fields for a round robin while the PGF crowd is sent to the back with a crappy schedule is true BS. Tells us 2 things, 1) top teams no longer support PGF, 2) ASA has nothing to worry about.

We do send out questionnaires to all teams that have played in a PGF Qualifier. This gives the board an opportunity to review the coaches concerns or issues and for coaches to give suggestions (both positive and negative criticism) so that we can make better informed decision in the future.
Feel free to email all your concerns to Bret.Denio@premiergirlsfastpitch.com
We don't know the issues unless somebody sends us the information.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchforever » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 am

Asking for feedback is good, will do. To his credit, the TD was with us at the start of the game, but to have PGF's "invited" teams using some of the main fields for a prime time round robin while the rest of the unwashed crowd plays late into the night doesn't look so good for PGF. I just don't think that was a smart thing to do, as it creates a painful reminder of the "haves" and "have nots" in softball.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
GO REBS wrote:

BOOOM!!

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. You may want come back in late July - early August and check where the top 18U teams participated. My guess is that it will swing heavily in favor of Premier.

I think fastpitchforever was referring to Texas teams. Impact Gold, not going to PGF even after getting an invite. Sudden Impact, Houston Power, Texas Eclipse, Texas Magic all did not even attempt to qualify for PGF in Houston. But I guess we will have to wait until the July qualifier in Dallas to be certain. I think a majority of those teams took the TCS New York City option.
CULater

by CULater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:11 am

freetacos wrote:Eating my hat as we speak. Even with hot sauce it ain't too good.... Glad for the girls for the temp fencing...bout time.

ft

I have been around long enough to remember the grass infields and the lack of temp fences on the back fields.
CULater

by CULater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 am

jmo wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:We started our final Saturday night game at 11:00 pm, finished at 12:45 am, in bed by 2:30 am, back up at 6 am, warming up at 8:30 am. Sounds a lot like a 12U tournament more than 18U. But to have Impact Gold/ Texas Glory using the main fields for a round robin while the PGF crowd is sent to the back with a crappy schedule is true BS. Tells us 2 things, 1) top teams no longer support PGF, 2) ASA has nothing to worry about.

We do send out questionnaires to all teams that have played in a PGF Qualifier. This gives the board an opportunity to review the coaches concerns or issues and for coaches to give suggestions (both positive and negative criticism) so that we can make better informed decision in the future.
Feel free to email all your concerns to Bret.Denio@premiergirlsfastpitch.com
We don't know the issues unless somebody sends us the information.

JMO

I think the questionaires are great, but in some cases it may be too late. Again speaking only for the 18HS age group, the top Texas teams, with the exception of Storm and Aces Express, did not attempt to qualify for PGF and since they played in a round robin with the TDs team, it doesn't appear that they have much of an issue with him. So the issues must run deeper than just a poorly run qualifier.

My only gripe about the qualifier would have been the 8am games for the winner's bracket teams on Sunday. But with that negative came the positive of being finished by 12 if you won both games and avoiding the heat of the day.

All nine fields at Collins Park were in roughly the same shape. Since it was a dead period for Division 1 recruiting, I didn't have too much of an issue with where they played the round robin games. But I understand where someone could have a problem with it, especially if it was a D1 recruiting weekend.
CULater

by CULater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
CULater wrote:
I think fastpitchforever was referring to Texas teams. Impact Gold, not going to PGF even after getting an invite. Sudden Impact, Houston Power, Texas Eclipse, Texas Magic all did not even attempt to qualify for PGF in Houston.

So does that mean ASA Gold is just a TX tournament? ;)

LOL It would if ASA invited teams to the ASA Gold nationals, and nearly 50% of those invited teams were from Texas. :o
CULater

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch