Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Time for PGF to Give Texas Qualifier to Glory in Dallas

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by TexasYellowBall » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:So, again, you are free to pick the nationals you want to attend. I am happy that PGF has listened to the rest of us. Certainly no one should be surprised PGF was formed, and it is liked.

Us meaning California teams

Liked meaning by California teams.

Just look at the qualifiers the majority of teams asked to attend are California and Arizona teams. The Qualifiers in almost all other states are laughable.

As you say, ASA is catering umpires ( I agree ).....PGF is catering to a select few organizations throughout the counrty. They say they are listening, but it is with a deaf ear. In Texas, we have said for two years we do not trust or think the the crew at Collins park in Texas does a good job, but PGF continues to bow to these coaches.

Most travel coaches in Texas are ASA based and are wanting to branch out to support PGF but you they have to listen to the majority. Our continue with the attitude that you really do not care about Texas or other non Left Coast teams. .
TexasYellowBall

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 am

Spazsdad wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:Nothing blanket about real costs. I have never paid under $600 to go to an ASA national tournament. Always booked in mid June, right when we receive our berth. Always had a 4+ hour drive from airport to host city. That is what adds the extra days of travel.

Even in Roseville that year, it was 4 hours after landing. So a team from the East would have 6 hours flight, then ~3 hours, if you miss San Francisco traffic, drive. Why not have a system in place that prefers San Jose, 20 minutes. Then a team from the east could have a single days travel.

The issue is not that it is easy from Seattle to LA. Let's review:
1) It is that is easy from a city with a major airport to a city with a major airport. Lot's of flight options, prices usually stay reasonable over the likely booking periods.
2) It is easy when the city has lot's of hotel options, not a small block of hotels that collude to jack prices.
3) It is easy when the tournament is held with a reasonable number of teams.
4) It is easy when your national body has not been taken over to serve the political interests of two cities, Johnson City and Midland TX.
5) It is easy when PGF actually listens to coaches.
6) It is easy when the tournament is held with a reasonable number of teams.
7) It is easy when PGF gets championship games shown on TV.

I really don't care if it is LA, Atlanta, St. Louis, Charlotte, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Indianapolis, OKC, Tampa, Miami, Boston, Philly, Cincinnati ..... Any of the 100 nice cities of the US that has a reasonably sized airport.

Only reason to run things the way ASA does is to maximize profits and because you only listen to umpires and umpires like free samwiches and beer.

So, again, you are free to pick the nationals you want to attend. I am happy that PGF has listened to the rest of us. Certainly no one should be surprised PGF was formed, and it is liked.

It doesnt matter what facts anyone provides you just continue with your experience being what everyone should expect and you dismiss any othe rrelative info.
Done with this one.
BTW it is only 2 hours from San Fran to Roseville so don't know why it took you 4. If you want to count traffic in your travel total it could also take you over 2 hours from LAX to Irvine.

OK, you have a different experience than I do. For you ASA was never really that much more money, plus you got to travel to nice parts of the country.

Does that mean PGF should just poof and go out of existence? That is the only way that ASA goes back to the way it was. Do you think that is going to happen anytime soon?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 am

Now I get it. It's logical that AI wants "easy" - sun-filled days wearing rose-colored shades, year after year after year - since he comes from the soggiest part of the country, feels safe taking routine over adventure, and probably counts the trip as vacation. :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by 93players » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Comparing PGF Houston Qualifier to ASA Gold Qualifier -- ASA for 65 teams had Collins and Dyess for a total of 12 fields. All fields were raked and striped before each game. Prime Collins fields were used, not the back fields. Website bracket was updated every two hours. The point is hosting organizations are in a consumer industry. Competition is good, but you must respond to the complaints of the teams. I know you have them from some coaches, but there are many who will not comment. How many forms do each of you fill out to complain? Many of us remember the days when Bancrofts showcases were well run and full of strong teams. No more and the top teams have stopped attending.
93players

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch