Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Are there more teams at Qualifiers this year.

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Midwest » Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 am

I was wondering if there are more teams trying to Qualify for PGF this year then last year. I see some of the Qualifiers there are a lot of teams, almost like a USSSA National just to qualify for Premier where other Qualifiers are like a tournament. Up in our area ( IL & IN ) you hear more teams talking about PGF and trying to Qualify. You are seeing most top teams at each level in this area now moving towards Premier.
Midwest

by dailyjoy » Wed May 23, 2012 12:02 pm

The 12u qualifier in Indy this weekend only has one team registered and three teams having started the process.

I wonder if they will still give the berth even if only one team shows up.
dailyjoy

by coachEd » Wed May 23, 2012 4:35 pm

The PGF rule this year is that there has to be 1 team more than the number of berths for the qualifier, and the games must be played. So for 2 berths, there has to be at least 3 teams and they have to actually play the games. Otherwise, PGF takes the berths back and then can give them out or make them available in another qualifier as they see fit.

This makes it tough on teams that may be traveling some distance and have to make travel arrangements (and possibly pay for some of it, like plane tickets) weeks in advance, especially if they are flying in from out of state.
coachEd

by Trophy Hunter » Wed May 23, 2012 6:55 pm

dailyjoy wrote:The 12u qualifier in Indy this weekend only has one team registered and three teams having started the process.

I wonder if they will still give the berth even if only one team shows up.

You should contact one of the "started the process" teams and ask them to show up. You may have to pay their entry fee, but you still get to go to Huntington Beach. Or Hemet? :lol: Where is 12u PGF?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by mr softball » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

the PGF nationals for 12u are at the fountain valley sport complex 7-23 to 7-27-12
mr softball
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch