Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 10U Interest

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by CoachJHirsh » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

I was curious as to why the age cut off is 12U. There are over 40+ 10U teams in Southern California that would love to qualify and play a national championship against the best competition in our home state than travel half way across the nation. Is there any interest from the powers that be within PGF to develop a 10U division. Is there anything in the works for the near future? I would be interested in feedback. Thank you.
CoachJHirsh
Premium Member
Premium Member

by EzOut.EzOut » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:56 pm

CoachJHirsh wrote:There are over 40+ 10U teams in Southern California that would love to qualify and play a national championship against the best competition in our home state than travel half way across the nation.

Reading this quote, I take it to mean that parents and coaches would love to play in Southern California. I wonder what the players want to do? I think they just want to have fun playing with their friends.
EzOut.EzOut

by CharlieHough » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Spazsdad wrote:I hope not.
Why would you want to stay home and play the same teams you see most weekends.
Go travel and enjoy seeing another part of the country and meeting other players from around the USA. Some of my kids best memories are from 10u in TN and IL.

I agree....The funny thing is we were playing at a HS tourny this weekend and 6 girls from our second year 10's team that went to Auburn Alabama were playing at Bill Barber. All the parents hung out and were saying how we remember this year more than any other. All HS sophmores now, the girls on that team range from Top Div 1 commits to no longer playing.

Mesquite diamonds. south texas riptide. Vipers from georgia. Huntsville Comets(leave that for another post...lol), Indiana Thunder....The girls remember those teams!

6 years later, we are now scheduling the reunion party for that team and it looks like we may get everyone! Perhaps we were unique, but I doubt it. Go for the experience.
I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it!

Billy Jack...1971
CharlieHough

by Tony » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:11 pm

10U? Why in the world do you even want Travel Ball. Stay in rec ball , have fun, enjory family vacations . By the time your ready for College you'll be burnt out. You could be sitting a bench most of the summer. Let reality take its time, 10U, still have fun.
Tony

by Chris61 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 am

Tony wrote:10U? Why in the world do you even want Travel Ball. Stay in rec ball , have fun, enjory family vacations . By the time your ready for College you'll be burnt out. You could be sitting a bench most of the summer. Let reality take its time, 10U, still have fun.

Maybe because the girls just love to play? Absolutely nothing wrong with playing and learning this great sport!
Chris61

by Chris61 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 am

CoachJHirsh wrote:I was curious as to why the age cut off is 12U. There are over 40+ 10U teams in Southern California that would love to qualify and play a national championship against the best competition in our home state than travel half way across the nation. Is there any interest from the powers that be within PGF to develop a 10U division. Is there anything in the works for the near future? I would be interested in feedback. Thank you.

Sounds more like a "State" championship rather than a National Championship. ;)
Chris61

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Tony wrote:10U? Why in the world do you even want Travel Ball. Stay in rec ball , have fun, enjory family vacations . By the time your ready for College you'll be burnt out. You could be sitting a bench most of the summer. Let reality take its time, 10U, still have fun.

I can see that you haven't been to a 10U rec ball game, lately. The coaching of the top teams is so superior to that of rec ball, it can't even be compared. If my DD was still in rec, she would be bored to tears. She's having alot of fun with her new friends and none of her teammates ride the bench regularly in 10U.

To the point, travelling accross the country is expensive these days and I sure wouldn't mind playing the best teams in the country down near the beach in OC in July.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Chris61 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
Tony wrote:To the point, travelling accross the country is expensive these days and I sure wouldn't mind playing the best teams in the country down near the beach in OC in July.

Unfortunately, ALL the best teams won't be there. :P
Chris61

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:27 am

Chris61 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
Tony wrote:To the point, travelling accross the country is expensive these days and I sure wouldn't mind playing the best teams in the country down near the beach in OC in July.

Unfortunately, ALL the best teams won't be there. :P

Build it and they will come :mrgreen:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am

Get your hammer and nails then
CULater

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch