Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Bat Standards and Testing

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by BigSoftball » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Since player safety and the integrity of the game are critical aspects of the need for age verification, it was surprising to find nothing on the PGF website with respect to bat standards and testing procedures, a far more prevalent safety concern than players playing down at tournaments.

Operating under NFHS rules, does PGF use the ASA Certified Bats List?

Does PGF have any bat testing procedures in place at tournaments so ensure the safety of the players and the integrity of the game?

Does PGF have any off-site testing procedures similar to those employed by the NCAA and ASA to ensure player safety?

Also related to player safety, the NFHS offers courses covering Concussions in Sports and First Aid for Coaches. Does PGF have any plans to require courses like these to promote player safety?
BigSoftball

by BigSoftball » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Are you for real? Ever heard of a player getting her teeth knocked out by a rancid hotdog?
BigSoftball

by jonriv » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:23 pm

I guess there is some irony if they use ASA standards.

Perhaps in keeping with their beliefs- should they not use the NCAA approved bat list?
jonriv

by freetacos » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm not believing that this is an issue...I always wanted the best bat for my kid but would never cross the line....

I think most of the softball comunity are pretty nice folks..

ft
freetacos

by wichita » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Are you for real? What's next, ask if PGF has their own health inspectors to check the snack bar food?

Ill volunteer for the health inspectors job if no one else wants it :?
Going....going.....gone......
wichita

by Coach11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:07 am

freetacos wrote:I'm not believing that this is an issue...I always wanted the best bat for my kid but would never cross the line....

I think most of the softball comunity are pretty nice folks..

ft

You're implying that players don't knowingly try to use unaproved bats in games?
Coach11

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 am

jonriv wrote:I guess there is some irony if they use ASA standards.

Perhaps in keeping with their beliefs- should they not use the NCAA approved bat list?

I am not sure of PGF's beliefs either. I would advise them on one thing. I would not let the Pro-ASA crowd box them in by setting their beliefs.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 90630 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Last edited by 90630 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Trophy Hunter » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 am

Spazsdad wrote:
90630 wrote:Just heard from a adult softball player that his friend has been altering bats for a 12u team in the top 3. I hope its not true. :?

Don't see how that is a PGF issue per se, however., bat altering is running rampant in fastpitch as parents become obssesed with little Suzy getting recruited before she even enters HS

Of course it's true. As Spazsdad notes, it is rampant.

All the more reason for PGF to make an effort to ensure the integrity of their tournament. Otherwise it becomes an annual home run derby, won not by the team with the best players but by the team with the best bat doctors. Of course it's likely there's no difference between one and the other, as 90630's comment points out.

What makes this interesting is the conflict of interest.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 am

Trophy Hunter wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
90630 wrote:Just heard from a adult softball player that his friend has been altering bats for a 12u team in the top 3. I hope its not true. :?

Don't see how that is a PGF issue per se, however., bat altering is running rampant in fastpitch as parents become obssesed with little Suzy getting recruited before she even enters HS

Of course it's true. As Spazsdad notes, it is rampant.

All the more reason for PGF to make an effort to ensure the integrity of their tournament. Otherwise it becomes an annual home run derby, won not by the team with the best players but by the team with the best bat doctors. Of course it's likely there's no difference between one and the other, as 90630's comment points out.

What makes this interesting is the conflict of interest.

What do you think is the 'conflict of interest'?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch