Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Meeting??

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by justawatcher » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 am

Here's a thought: If you really want to pitch from 43' and you really don't want to play in a weak tournament, go qualify for 16U Premier. As you said it's only one tournament and the week after that tournament you will be playing 16U anyway. You're a good hitting team so you shouldn't have any issues qualifying.
justawatcher

by Midwest » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:27 pm

First of all I would like to say Thank You to PGF for inviting my daughters team this year. Second a few years ago my daughters team played Lethal Weaopns team at a National and they were a fantastic hitting team. As parents we still talk about that teams hitting during that tournament for such a young team that we saw. Our coaches desided to go west to Colorado for the Jr. Sparkler the next year and it was fun playing teams from the West and Southwest. As a team they learned a lot about the game because of the compitition they played ( finished in top 10 ). By going out and playing better competition brought more talented kids to tryouts last year, which turned out to make them the top Midwest 13u team. They did play older teams last year from around the area. They played all but one tournament at 43'. The one tournment they did play at 40' it was like they were playing 43'. This year they are going back to Colorado to play in the Jr. Sparkler 14u. This year they are playing a few more tournaments at 40' to get ready for PGF. If a team from around the country is a good hitting team they will adjust quickly to the distance ( besides play some practice games before the tournmant starts in Ca. ) To have the opertunity to play the best teams in the country at your level is an honor. As my daughter and I look at it, this is how you become a better player/team win or lose. Besides we hope to get a few of those breaks Leathal Weapon talked about.
Midwest

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch