Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Meeting??

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by CULater » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 am

I semi-understand your concern Lethal Weapon, but it just looks like an exc...errr reason for you to go to Panama City beaches rather than Huntington Beach (beaches) or the Sioux Falls uhhhhhh ....beaches. :?

I understand that OK plays their HS ball in fall, so you will have more 16/18 U tournaments in the spring than the rest of the country, but come May you would start looking to qualify, and if you were attempting to qualify ASA or PGF all of those qualifiers would be at 40 ft, so not all 60 games would be at 43 ft. juss sayin'

Rather than take the invitation to USFA, let your girls challenge themselves and attempt to qualify down in Houston or Dallas for Premier. They may just surprise you.
CULater

by ontheblack » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 am

Jonriv, I trust you get that I dont put your DD or her team in the category as Lethal Weapon. You dont make excuses - he does.

Lethal Weapon - As for not getting the difference between 43' vs 40', get over it already. My kid's team was playing at 43' 3 days before PGF last year. Since Sept they have played nothing but 43', will do the same in HS, and then will have maybe two weeks before having to qualify for PGF and/or ASA at 40' against some good teams that will have been playing 40' all year with no dark period for HS. That isnt just my kid's team, but describes every 2nd year 14u team that will qualify for PGF. The girls all know that it requires an adjustment. They dont bitch about it though. They just do it.

I would never say that your team sucks without watching them play.

And you never answered my question - why didnt you play ASA for 12u?
ontheblack

by 3'sDad » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 am

Lethal: I understand your arguement. DD pitched at 40' or club ball and 43' for school ball 2 years ago. The games at 43' were had much more offense with outs recorded by fielders; while the travel games at 40' were dominated by the pitchers.

If the DD was firing at 60 MPH I would be thrilled to let everyone know. Currently the only way DD will hit 60 MPH while pitching is throwing downhill, down wind in a hurricaine.

BK
3'sDad

by anonlooker » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:08 pm

:lol: Reading this is like hearing a bunch of guys proselytizing the Book of Haning.

Why not accept that LW has different perspective on what's best for his team, and that doesn't include changing pitching distances just to play with the "We're the best" crowd.

He's clearly not the only coach in the country who feels that way, and beating him down over his choices isn't likely to gain PGF any support, support they could certainly use - from about east of the San Andreas fault.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by Battle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:23 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:I guess the folks at PGF we'll see you next year then if you manage to qualify.

You won't be hard to spot wearing this:

What is this "target" that you speak of? Will there be hitmen? Does the coach carry out the hits? Do the teams carry out the hits? Should LW be scared? WTF are you talking about or do YOU even know?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by anonlooker » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:I guess the folks at PGF we'll see you next year then if you manage to qualify.

What is this "target" that you speak of? Will there be hitmen? Does the coach carry out the hits? Do the teams carry out the hits? Should LW be scared? WTF are you talking about or do YOU even know?

LW is a non-believer and thus a marked man. What does that kind of thinking remind you of?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by jonriv » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 pm

ontheblack wrote:Jonriv, I trust you get that I dont put your DD or her team in the category as Lethal Weapon. You dont make excuses - he does.

Lethal Weapon - As for not getting the difference between 43' vs 40', get over it already. My kid's team was playing at 43' 3 days before PGF last year. Since Sept they have played nothing but 43', will do the same in HS, and then will have maybe two weeks before having to qualify for PGF and/or ASA at 40' against some good teams that will have been playing 40' all year with no dark period for HS. That isnt just my kid's team, but describes every 2nd year 14u team that will qualify for PGF. The girls all know that it requires an adjustment. They dont bitch about it though. They just do it.

I would never say that your team sucks without watching them play.

And you never answered my question - why didnt you play ASA for 12u?

No excuses- have always found that the teams my DD was on played better against better teams-especially my DD---I always have pushed for teams to play out of their comfort zone.

In 2010- CT HS was still at 40'- so the first weekend back to TB was interesting. Actually found the hitters(especially the better hitters) struggled more than the pitchers(for the first weekend) Really messed up their timing, Let LW go have fun in Panama City, but he should use it as a stepping stone to aim for PGF next year. I always liked the idea of playing at different nationals each year- you see different teams.
jonriv

by Battle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:01 pm

anonlooker wrote:
Battle wrote:

LW is a non-believer and thus a marked man. What does that kind of thinking remind you of?

Bill and the Patriots? Fastpitchdad05? Fifteen? :lol:

Non-believer of what? Marked man for what? Will there be a drive by? Should we call Homeland Security? Is Obama even safe in Cali? Is the Red Phone ringing off the hook as we type? OMG...so many questions and not enough answers...Oh woe is me.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Battle wrote:

That was some weak sauce, Battle.

Please don't call me out unless you can do better.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm

Battle wrote:
anonlooker wrote:
Battle wrote:

Bill and the Patriots? Fastpitchdad05? Fifteen? :lol:

Non-believer of what? Marked man for what? Will there be a drive by? Should we call Homeland Security? Is Obama even safe in Cali? Is the Red Phone ringing off the hook as we type? OMG...so many questions and not enough answers...Oh woe is me.

Jibberish.

Please put down the bottle and back away from the keyboard.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch