Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 14U???..... vs ASA 14U

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by CFBFAN » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:04 pm

So if most of the teams were from the left coast (or close), what can be done to convince the teams that played in qualifiers to come to PGF? I noticed that the qualifiers on the East coast and TX had very few teams that qualified actually show up, especially at 14U. Also if you played in a qualifier for PGF and got the berth why not come to sunny SoCal?
Not sure how many D-1 scouts were at ASA 14 Nats, but it was very impressive to see the bunches that were out and about at Harvard Park

If anyone was at ASA in TX, would like to know how many college coaches were there?
If you are going to hit it, HIT IT HARD...... No Excuses
CFBFAN

by absdad » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 pm

I wonder if the economy had anything to do with it? I can't imagine going through the expense and travel to a qualifier, and then not follow through. DD's current team plans to attend a qualifier; and if they earn a berth will certainly be there.
absdad

by CFBFAN » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

PGF was a great experience for the girls, they will not dissappointed at all.

Still wondering how many scouts were at ASA in Midland though?
CFBFAN

by cleanup77 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 pm

PGF was a fraud this past season, the reason not alot of 14u teams came from the east was because after teams declined a berth, the berths were NEVER passed down as promised by the higher ups at PGF. When asked about it we were told they would be passed but never were. The east qualifiers were just pay to play and see-ya-later.
cleanup77

by CFBFAN » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:31 am

Cleanup77
sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We played in two qualifiers (west coast) and all of the teams that qualified went.
Why were there so many hand-me-down berths? Were the teams never planning on going and just wanted to play in another tournament?
Did the teams that turned down a berth go to ASA in TX, or just stay home?
CFBFAN

by cent » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 am

CFBFAN, we played in the 14u in Texas and there were plenty of college scouts. What I had heard is the colleges split their staff's up between PGF and ASA.
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:50 am

cent wrote:CFBFAN, we played in the 14u in Texas and there were plenty of college scouts. What I had heard is the colleges split their staff's up between PGF and ASA.

Scott is right. From my understanding, the coaches did split their staff up by sending one to PGF and the other coach either went to 16U ASA or 14U ASA. Coaches could only be in two locations at one time and there were three locations.
Last edited by jmo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by access2 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 am

Question...I tried looking this up - could not find it....but...

What teams in South Cal (or anywhere, doesn't matter) have berths or invites in 14u for 2012? Has that been determined yet?

:| :?:
access2
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CFBFAN » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am

Access2
Top 6 teams from 14U get berths to next year, but berth is tied to the coach and has to be in the same division. This is on the PGF home page.
Cent or JMO
thanks for the info
just wondering, since I did see many coaches at PGF at all three sites watching all ages.
CFBFAN

by ontheblack » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:05 am

At PGF I saw many D1 head coaches. I dont know enough about the recruiting process, but it was very cool to see the # of head coaches at Harvard watching 14u.

I have to believe that it was easier for a coach at PGF to see someone not on their radar on one of the 40+ 14 teams than it was at ASA with 100+ teams. At 16s, with 60+ teams vs 160+ teams, I dont believe even Battle can argue with the math that PGF gave an unknown girl much better odds of being seen.

As for cent's experience, PS96 was a known commodity and probably on most scouts must watch list. Probably not the case for everyone.
ontheblack

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch