Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Teams Attending

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm

NumeroUno wrote:18's list please

It is on the website. Except remove Texas Sudden Impact. There will be one more team added.

http://premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tourney01/18HS.php
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 pm

sftblldud wrote:OK, sorry for talking out of my A$$ but HeyBucket wouldn't be HeyBucket if 99% of they're members didn't talk out of their A$$e$. :o :o

Actually sftblldud, I have to thank you for letting us know that there was one more team pulling out :D :D

Guess you weren't talking out your A$$ afterall. I take everything back :lol: :lol:
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:41 pm

So are these teams that actually qualified, then turned down the berth after initially accepting it, going to be banned from PGF for a period of time. My point being that a team like Sudden Impact (TX) won their berth in the loser's bracket so there were at least two teams that they beat out in the loser's bracket that lost out on a chance to qualify because that team accepted the berth, then bailed.
MavFan

by anonlooker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:01 am

MavFan wrote:So are these teams that actually qualified, then turned down the berth after initially accepting it, going to be banned from PGF for a period of time. My point being that a team like Sudden Impact (TX) won their berth in the loser's bracket so there were at least two teams that they beat out in the loser's bracket that lost out on a chance to qualify because that team accepted the berth, then bailed.

How do you figure they lost out on a chance to qualify? They had a chance to qualify, and lost.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by anonlooker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:03 am

jmo wrote:
anonlooker wrote:Are the Teams Attending lists now complete?

The lists will be completed by tomorrow evening when the rosters are frozen. There should be a few more teams added - just waiting on confirmation.

Are the lists now complete?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by MavFan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:17 pm

anonlooker wrote:
MavFan wrote:So are these teams that actually qualified, then turned down the berth after initially accepting it, going to be banned from PGF for a period of time. My point being that a team like Sudden Impact (TX) won their berth in the loser's bracket so there were at least two teams that they beat out in the loser's bracket that lost out on a chance to qualify because that team accepted the berth, then bailed.

How do you figure they lost out on a chance to qualify? They had a chance to qualify, and lost.

OK they lost to a team that had no intention of attending. Had the team, that forfeited the berth, not played in the qualifier then another team at that qualifier would have been awarded the berth. As it is now, at this late date, it would be a logistical nightmare and incredibly expensive for a team (from the NorthTexas qualifier) to accept the handed down berth. So I assume another SoCal team will be awarded the berth.
MavFan

by 18handicap » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:38 am

The team that lost to Sudden Impact Gold in that last qualifying game (Texas Royals) would have loved to have been able to make the trip to California to play in the National Qualifier. The Royals beat SIG 2-0 in the winners bracket but then lost in the last inning to Tulsa Eagles for one of the two winners bracket qualifying spots and then SIG came back through the losers bracket to qualify and beat the Royals 5-1 in the final game. From my knowledge, no one from the Texas Royals was contacted by PGF about taking the spot. I talked to the head of the organization and the coach and they said they heard nothing.
18handicap

by ba92841 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: NW Qualifier?
So there was no rain out for the SJ Sting/Strike Zone game. Strike Zone was awarded a berth even though they were eliminated. Extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit.

Central Cal Dirt Dogs received a berth even though they were eliminated before Sorcerer Blue and LW Firecrackers at the So Cal Qualifier. Furthermore, at the Nor Cal Qualifier, it looks like LW Firecrackers put the Dirt Dogs in the loser’s bracket and then beat them again to eliminate them.

Chasing a berth and not getting it is disappointing for any team. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for the young ladies on these more deserving teams to know that they were passed over for a team that they beat out in the order of finish, better yet, a team that they personally eliminated in a qualifier.

The same demon rears its ugly head: extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit. Gary Haning once said that PGF is a “better way of doing things”. How so in this case? Does PGF have an explanation for these young ladies or is this the accepted norm for years to come?
ba92841

by Ned » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm

ba92841 wrote:Re: NW Qualifier?
So there was no rain out for the SJ Sting/Strike Zone game. Strike Zone was awarded a berth even though they were eliminated. Extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit.

Central Cal Dirt Dogs received a berth even though they were eliminated before Sorcerer Blue and LW Firecrackers at the So Cal Qualifier. Furthermore, at the Nor Cal Qualifier, it looks like LW Firecrackers put the Dirt Dogs in the loser’s bracket and then beat them again to eliminate them.

Chasing a berth and not getting it is disappointing for any team. However, I can only imagine how disheartening it is for the young ladies on these more deserving teams to know that they were passed over for a team that they beat out in the order of finish, better yet, a team that they personally eliminated in a qualifier.

The same demon rears its ugly head: extra berths are awarded as PGF sees fit. Gary Haning once said that PGF is a “better way of doing things”. How so in this case? Does PGF have an explanation for these young ladies or is this the accepted norm for years to come?

Typically what happens in these types of cases, the "have wallet, will travel" rule applies. If at crunch time, there are some open spots and you got the entry fee, we can talk.
Ned

by 93players » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 pm

For the past two years in ASA16U A play, I have seen Texas teams jockeying for these at large berths. The coaches would call the local ASA directors, they would beg the national people. They came up with arguments based on program record, team record, tournament record, etc. I did hear ASA did not do at large berths. They generally preferred taking a tourney, like the HOF qualifier and expand the number of teams based upon participation or finish in that play in tourney for their at large spots. That seems to make sense. Last year, the ASA went to the host state's state tourney and expanded the teams to include first through sixth teams instead of first through third.

We can't judge what Premier did here unless they respond, but having a stated policy makes sense. There needs to be some leeway when you are in the 11th hour and you have a short window to fill a spot. Punishing a team that wins a spot and backs out without some really good reason is also a good rule. I would ban a team for a one year period. I did hear from a Houston parent that one team that was there last year found the entry costs to be too high. Entry fee and player registration and acceptable insurance for a program that primarily plays ASA was too high to justify playing in both.
93players

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch