Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF rule changes

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by texasugly1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 am

Can someone explain to me why PGF clearly states time limits on pool games and no time limit on bracket games. So a full 7 innings is what it is supposed to be. But TD's keep changing this rule and making bracket games a time limit as well. What gives?
texasugly1

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 am

Its the PGF, they can do whatever that want ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! wait until you get their and things change from game to game. . ( just like last year) ( Blind Draw WITH protection...lol )
TexasYellowBall

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 am

TexasYellowBall wrote:Its the PGF, they can do whatever that want ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! wait until you get their and things change from game to game. . ( just like last year) (Blind Draw WITH protection...lol )

So what kind of protection are you talking about?
Sftbll4ever

by jmo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:03 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:Its the PGF, they can do whatever that want ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! wait until you get their and things change from game to game. . ( just like last year) ( Blind Draw WITH protection...lol )

TexasYellowBall - the more you post, the more ignorant you are. PGF did have protection last year, JUST LIKE ASA, but because there were many requests to drop protection, they have responded to those teams by eliminating protection this year. I know that you can come on here and keep bashing PGF all you want - that is your right. Feel free to continue attending ASA, that is your choice. There are options for everybody and I am sure that both PGF and ASA will still be able to field National Tournaments. The funny thing is that you and the several others ASA supporters come on here and bash PGF endlessly but the PGF supporters leave ASA alone. Sorry your team either was not invited or did not qualify for PGF. Best of luck to you wherever ASA National tournament you end up at - Midland, Owensboro, etc.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sftbll4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 pm

jmo wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:Its the PGF, they can do whatever that want ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! wait until you get their and things change from game to game. . ( just like last year) ( Blind Draw WITH protection...lol )

TexasYellowBall - the more you post, the more ignorant you are. PGF did have protection last year, [b]JUST LIKE ASA, [/b]but because there were many requests to drop protection, they have responded to those teams by eliminating protection this year. I know that you can come on here and keep bashing PGF all you want - that is your right. Feel free to continue attending ASA, that is your choice. There are options for everybody and I am sure that both PGF and ASA will still be able to field National Tournaments. The funny thing is that you and the several others ASA supporters come on here and bash PGF endlessly but the PGF supporters leave ASA alone. Sorry your team either was not invited or did not qualify for PGF. Best of luck to you wherever ASA National tournament you end up at - Midland, Owensboro, etc.

Ha...you answered the question I was hoping Texasyellowball would answer. I was going to give the same comment. ASA ALWAYS protects teams in a blind draw by having them draw from different regions so same regions do not have to face eachother right away.
Sftbll4ever

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

jmo wrote:

TexasYellowBall - the more you post, the more ignorant you are. PGF did have protection last year, JUST LIKE ASA, but because there were many requests to drop protection, they have responded to those teams by eliminating protection this year. I know that you can come on here and keep bashing PGF all you want - that is your right. Feel free to continue attending ASA, that is your choice. There are options for everybody and I am sure that both PGF and ASA will still be able to field National Tournaments. The funny thing is that you and the several others ASA supporters come on here and bash PGF endlessly but the PGF supporters leave ASA alone. Sorry your team either was not invited or did not qualify for PGF. Best of luck to you wherever ASA National tournament you end up at - Midland, Owensboro, etc.

I was waiting for you to respond and it did not take you long. I am not bashing PGF, infact we leave for ASA on Friday, then right to PGF. If I was head of our organization I would not be going to PGF (BTW, we were invited). In MY opinion, it's a great showcase tournament ( very similar to Fall batbusters showcase). Our kids are not going west for college, but it is great to play California teams.

You defend PGF like your getting a cut of the action. You say the PGF supporters leave ASA alone, ARE YOU CRAZY. You might want to go back and just read your post from the past 2 years.

Either way in 2 1/2 weeks, I will not have a dog in the hunt and the PGF/ASA arguements will be fun to read.

I wish PGF and ASA nothing but good luck this year and in the future.
TexasYellowBall

by jmo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:I was waiting for you to respond and it did not take you long. I am not bashing PGF, infact we leave for ASA on Friday, then right to PGF. If I was head of our organization I would not be going to PGF (BTW, we were invited). In MY opinion, it's a great showcase tournament ( very similar to Fall batbusters showcase). Our kids are not going west for college, but it is great to play California teams.

You defend PGF like your getting a cut of the action. You say the PGF supporters leave ASA alone, ARE YOU CRAZY. You might want to go back and just read your post from the past 2 years.

Either way in 2 1/2 weeks, I will not have a dog in the hunt and the PGF/ASA arguements will be fun to read.

I wish PGF and ASA nothing but good luck this year and in the future.

Actually I have been told I am crazy several times especially with as much time as I put into the game and helping kids reach their dreams of being a D1 student athlete. I do defend PGF as I feel that they are working towards making the game more for the players and their future. I also will say that I don't think I have ever bad-mouthed ASA in any of my posts but I have supported PGF. I think you will see that I have always stated that PGF offers another choice for teams to participate in, outside of ASA. I had many conversations with Chris Seben about the future of ASA before/during the threat of PGF came into place. I, as many of those before me, gave suggestions on how they could keep ASA Gold as one place for all the best teams to go. Unfortunately, all their moves came after PGF was in place and had received commitments from many of the top teams. My reference toward the PGF supporters not bashing ASA is because I don't find people starting threads about ASA nearly as much as people who are bashing PGF. My team attended ASA for years and always enjoyed the experience. I for one enjoyed Oklahoma City as playing at the Hall of Fame stadium is cool. Wished they used something different than Wild Horse for their games though. Our team decided to go where the best competition was being played and with that being said, PGF, in my opinion offers the best competition at the 18U level. I wish nothing but the best for ASA as they have laid the groundwork for so many.

Feel free to come and introduce yourself to me when in Huntington Beach. I am not hard to find as you can either look for the big guy wearing the shirt with my tagline below or just find my team - Explosion!!

Sincerely

Bret Denio
Explosion
ESPN
PGF
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Bret,
I will do my best to track you down and say Hi, I have no doubt that we have the same intentions and ambition for our players to achieve their goals. .....Good Luck to your team
TexasYellowBall

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch