Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF vs. ASA - Round 2

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by ontheblack » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm

IMO, the big picture here is economics and some common sense. It sure wasnt an issue of having to qualify since the East Coast qualifiers had little to no interest from anyone except those teams in SoCal who figured out the odds.

Maybe, just maybe, some people have decided that getting their 13 yr old kid in front of scouts isnt the priority others want to make you believe it should be.
ontheblack

by GSB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Lets face it, ASA will always be here and will continue to hold their championships in shitty locations. PGF has already said they are going to mix it up from west to east coast. Simple solution. If you have a top team play PGF. If you have a crappy team play ASA. Is that not what is happening anyway? Everyone is happy. :lol: :lol:
To each their own.
GSB

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am

If you have a top team play PGF. If you have a crappy team play ASA. Is that not what is happening anyway?

Outside of 18u, that isnt an accurate statement. It also isnt a fair statement for those teams that earned their ASA berth, but decided not to chase or buy a PGF berth.

IMO, PGF still has an uphill battle on their hands. The East Coast indifference at the younger ages had to be a surprise to PGF.

Also, didnt TNF decline to play PGF this year? Yep, thats one real crappy team there, GSB.
ontheblack

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 am

ontheblack wrote:
If you have a top team play PGF. If you have a crappy team play ASA. Is that not what is happening anyway?

Outside of 18u, that isnt an accurate statement. It also isnt a fair statement for those teams that earned their ASA berth, but decided not to chase or buy a PGF berth. You are correct. There are still some very good teams going to ASA that decided not to attend PGF. Buy a berth?? Hasn't this been going on for years and years. It is all part of the game. Unfortunately, you have to add a few teams that might not be the best of the best.

IMO, PGF still has an uphill battle on their hands. The East Coast indifference at the younger ages had to be a surprise to PGF. Wouldn't say it was a surprise. As with any new venture, it takes time to win over some. I still think that the majority of the best teams will be at PGF, not all but most. I can assure you one thing, the majority of the college coaches will be at PGF

Also, didnt TNF decline to play PGF this year? Yep, thats one real crappy team there, GSB.
Defintely wished they were attending PGF and I would also include Miami Stingrays, Atlanta Vipers and several others. TNF and Stingrays had both committed to PGF for this year but pulled out just recently. Can't get all the best but at least they have the majority :D
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bugs » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am

B, how do you know that PGF has all the best teams or at least most of them. Have you gone out and seen all the teams back east and know they are not as good as PGF teams.
bugs

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am

bugs wrote:B, how do you know that PGF has all the best teams or at least most of them. Have you gone out and seen all the teams back east and know they are not as good as PGF teams.

Actually, I have seen most of the teams, either at the ESPN Sun Classic in November, or at Boulder or at Fireworks. With that being said, I am sure there are some very good teams at ASA.

Here are the top finishing teams at Boulder (17th or better):
Beverly Bandits - PGF
Batbusters - PGF
TNF - ASA
Lady Magic - PGF
Explosion - PGF
East Cobb Bullets - PGF
Cruisers - PGF
So Cal Breakers - PGF
New Lenox Lightning - PGF
Corona Angels - PGF
Sorcerers - PGF
TNL - ASA
Choppers - PGF
Fresno Force - ASA
NJ Intensity - PGF
Indiana Magic - Both
Wichita Mustangs - Both
Texas Magic - PGF
Grapettes - PGF
Atlanta Vipers - ASA
Texas Exlipse - PGF
Houston Power - ASA
Teamsmith - PGF
USA Athletics - ASA
Tulsa Eagles - PGF
Killer Bees - PGF
Last edited by jmo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am

jmo wrote:
ontheblack wrote:

Outside of 18u, that isnt an accurate statement. It also isnt a fair statement for those teams that earned their ASA berth, but decided not to chase or buy a PGF berth. You are correct. There are still some very good teams going to ASA that decided not to attend PGF. Buy a berth?? Hasn't this been going on for years and years. It is all part of the game. Unfortunately, you have to add a few teams that might not be the best of the best.
I wasnt casting judgement with the buy a berth. There is an inherent risk with that play. I know a few teams that considered doing it with Florida, but didnt want to gamble that they may actually have to play the game.

IMO, PGF still has an uphill battle on their hands. The East Coast indifference at the younger ages had to be a surprise to PGF. Wouldn't say it was a surprise. As with any new venture, it takes time to win over some. I still think that the majority of the best teams will be at PGF, not all but most. I can assure you one thing, the majority of the college coaches will be at PGFOK, perhaps "disappointment" is more accurate.

Defintely wished they were attending PGF and I would also include Miami Stingrays, Atlanta Vipers and several others. TNF and Stingrays had both committed to PGF for this year but pulled out just recently. Can't get all the best but at least they have the majority :D

My point was that there will be good teams at both in all divisions.
ontheblack

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

ontheblack wrote:I wasnt casting judgement with the buy a berth. There is an inherent risk with that play. I know a few teams that considered doing it with Florida, but didnt want to gamble that they may actually have to play the game.
Then you shouldn't have put "Buy a Berth" in Bold letters ;)

I agree. There will definitely be some very good teams at ASA :D

jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 am

jmo wrote:
ontheblack wrote:I wasnt casting judgement with the buy a berth. There is an inherent risk with that play. I know a few teams that considered doing it with Florida, but didnt want to gamble that they may actually have to play the game.
I didnt. You did.

ontheblack

by jmo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 am

ontheblack wrote:
jmo wrote:
I didnt. You did. MY BAD!!! :lol: :lol:

jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch