Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

14U NJ/Philly qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Mr. Wonderful » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am

jmo wrote:
2bucketdad wrote:http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tourney09/14U.php

Teams listed that were to attend...

Here is the list of 16U teams. Please note the difference in officially entered teams and those who started registration.

16U Division Diamond State Swoop Laurel, DE
New Jersey Insanity Black Edison, New Jersey

Teams listed above are officially registered and entered into this tournament and we are in receipt of an entry form and payment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teams listed below have begun the registration process.

Jersey Intensity Farmingdale, NJ
Lakewood Firecrackers -Painter Long Beach, CA
Lower South Liberty Wayne, PA
Minor's Gold-Alvarez corona, california
Montgomery Twisters North Wales, pa
New Jersey Thunder 16U Franklin Park, NJ
Newtown Rock Blue Newtown, PA
O C Elite - Kevin Anaheim, Ca
OC Lionettes Orange, Ca
South Jersey Stingrays Somers Point, NJ
Texas Rip Fastpitch Burleson, Tx
USA Athletics Harper Long Beach, Ca

Here is the actual bracket
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Auukgqs8VEoIdHFLRzZITUlwRS1OUGN5bHF1VFplYWc&hl=en_US&gid=17
Mr. Wonderful

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:19 am

2bucketdad - I know you're disappointed about the 14U being cancelled, but I think it would only be right if you edited the subject title to "NJ/Philly 14U qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10".

It's very misleading in its present form and would go a long way to lending credibility to any future posts you might want to make here...IMO.

Thanks
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by JimmyL » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:37 am

2bucket, did you ever get a schedule for your games? Just curious, why the organizer waited so long to cancel. Maybe there were only 3 teams really entered. That is why I ask if you ever got the schedule or bracket.

Being an East Coaster, I will tell you west coast guys/gals that the PGF hasn't been handled right out here. No offense to anybody intended. Maybe the heads of PGF should consider new people to handle the east next year. Not that I am anybody but, you need to find someone who loves the sport, who will find ways to promote PGF, like the guys in CA and TX do. ASA was never able to do that here. It was always hard to find information how to register for things and to find out where and when qualifiers would be. Nobody in younger age groups knew anything of PGF unless they had older sisters playing on Gold teams.

I have my own feelings of why there were such problems in FL. but, don't feel this is the place to post it. Some of you will know what I am talking about, and why there was such a cold reception down there, and from FL teams in general.

I know a few people who are huge fans of how PGF can grow in the East, but it needs to be done in a more obvious and better advertised way to catch on here. It is very different out here in the younger age groups than in the South and West. This lady I met last year at TNJ said she tried to get involved and had some great ideas but the East guys said they had it all under control. Feel bad for the girls, and for PGF growth out here.
JimmyL

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am

JimmyL wrote:2bucket, did you ever get a schedule for your games? Just curious, why the organizer waited so long to cancel. Maybe there were only 3 teams really entered. That is why I ask if you ever got the schedule or bracket.

Being an East Coaster, I will tell you west coast guys/gals that the PGF hasn't been handled right out here. No offense to anybody intended. Maybe the heads of PGF should consider new people to handle the east next year. Not that I am anybody but, you need to find someone who loves the sport, who will find ways to promote PGF, like the guys in CA and TX do. ASA was never able to do that here. It was always hard to find information how to register for things and to find out where and when qualifiers would be. Nobody in younger age groups knew anything of PGF unless they had older sisters playing on Gold teams.

I have my own feelings of why there were such problems in FL. but, don't feel this is the place to post it. Some of you will know what I am talking about, and why there was such a cold reception down there, and from FL teams in general.

I know a few people who are huge fans of how PGF can grow in the East, but it needs to be done in a more obvious and better advertised way to catch on here. It is very different out here in the younger age groups than in the South and West. This lady I met last year at TNJ said she tried to get involved and had some great ideas but the East guys said they had it all under control. Feel bad for the girls, and for PGF growth out here.

Who is handling things in the east? I thought it was the team NJ folks. They usually have pretty good tournaments.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 2bucketdad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:2bucketdad - I know you're disappointed about the 14U being cancelled, but I think it would only be right if you edited the subject title to "NJ/Philly 14U qualifier canceled...July 8,9 and 10".

It's very misleading in its present form and would go a long way to lending credibility to any future posts you might want to make here...IMO.

Thanks

Sorry that was an oversite, it is corrected and I am very sorry for any confusion that that may have caused!
2bucketdad

by 2bucketdad » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Monday was the holiday, so tuesday we were expecting to hear if we were playing Fri or just Sat and Sun, instead of the call of email telling us when we were playing we got a call informing us that 3 teams had pulled out and they were not having 14u anymore...this would not bother me so much if someone on here had not posted the bracket showing that they were not having the 16u division with only 5 teams...I mean wth?
2bucketdad

by anonlooker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 pm

The real question is how many teams actually entered the 14u? And what happens to the 4 berths?
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by BenAround » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Maybe from now on Nationals should be spelled with a little "n".

Interest seems light...........
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by ssarge » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Maybe from now on Nationals should be spelled with a little "n".

Interest seems light...........

I'll tell you where interest is light:

It's light in ASA Region 14 Regionals. Two berths to ASA Nationals on the line for 10U, 12U, and 14U.

10U canceled - lack of teams.

12U canceled - lack of teams.

14U still on, with SIX teams.

Winner gets a paid berth, 2nd place gets an unpaid berth.

Western Nationals in 14U has 89 teams signed up. Most from Region 14. Just about any one of those would have a good chance of entering the 14U regional, winning a couple of games, and earning a berth to 14U nationals.

It would appear SECOND prize is TWO berths. It is obvious that no one particularly wants to go to Midland to compete in ASA Nationals.
ssarge

by BenAround » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:22 pm

yer right there too ssarge.

Maybe we should just wake up and realize that softball is a dying sport ????

We're losing more kids to Lacrosse, Volleyball, and Soccer than ever.
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch