Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PREMIER QUALIFIER - STOCKTON

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by sageorge2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

Nor Cal Premier tournament was the worst tournament we have ever attended. Not only were the fields a complete mess, the umpires were the worst we have ever experienced. Never again......huge waste of money and a big disappointment. Hope Premier rethinks this one......or it won't be around long. Playing early in the morning again, can't wait for this one to be over!
sageorge2

by You don't say » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:23 am

sageorge2 wrote:Nor Cal Premier tournament was the worst tournament we have ever attended. Not only were the fields a complete mess, the umpires were the worst we have ever experienced. Never again......huge waste of money and a big disappointment. Hope Premier rethinks this one......or it won't be around long. Playing early in the morning again, can't wait for this one to be over!

Well that's a fresh take. Never heard of anyone complaining about field conditions or umpires at a tournament before.
Would I be wrong in assuming your team is in the losers bracket and probably will not qualify?
You don't say

by OCD » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 am

My Take wrote:
sageorge2 wrote:Nor Cal Premier tournament was the worst tournament we have ever attended. Not only were the fields a complete mess, the umpires were the worst we have ever experienced. Never again......huge waste of money and a big disappointment. Hope Premier rethinks this one......or it won't be around long. Playing early in the morning again, can't wait for this one to be over!

Well that's a fresh take. Never heard of anyone complaining about field conditions or umpires at a tournament before.
Would I be wrong in assuming your team is in the losers bracket and probably will not qualify?

:) The game was lost because of a bad hop and a bad call...damn mercy rule. :lol:
OCD

by sageorge2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:30 am

Seriously........not chalking the fields between games.....it was a joke!
sageorge2

by sftblldud » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 am

I've been a PGF advocate on Heybucket, but after seeing the teams that have qualified from the Texas qualifier, Colorado qualifier, Florida qualifier(What a JOKE, they should just pitch a tent and charge admission for the Circus out there(oh, they did)), nobody really takes the NE seriously, and now the Nor Cal qualifier. I'm rethinking my opinion of PGF. Now I know why the Sorcerer is in the ASA Qualifier in Roseville, figured they would sit this one out in favor of PGF. But when you have big name organizations signing up for ASA events, that should be a tell-tell sign that PGF is going in the wrong direction.
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

by bulldog21 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 am

I believe the Sorcerers already have a berth to the PGF and they were in Roseville to qualify for Nats as well.
bulldog21

by Crazy888 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 am

I love the PGF and what they are doing. Here are some suggestions to make it better....If you are going to charge for admittance to the games ( $4/adults, $3 children in Stockton) then say so on the PGF website and not the Grapettes website. If you are going to restrict the amount of water a team can bring in to 1 ice chest, then say so on the PGF website. If you are not allowing fans to bring in their own drinks, then say so....well you know the rest. They almost threw me out for having too much saliva!
Seriously though, the communication could be much better.
Crazy888

by fungodude » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:00 am

This reads like a flashback to the Premier AZ qualifier. At some point very soon, the argument of "we're new and we're working on maintaining consistency in our tournaments" is not gonna fly. Premier needs to have more control over what is happening in their qualifiers around the country. The "oops" excuse ain't working.
fungodude

by triplecrown » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 am

If you look at 18G Qualifier other than Sorcerer's it was pretty bleak. Several 2nd/3rd tier well known programs from SoCal up here trying to sneak in a Gold berth as in the past they would not have a shot and this year they do, as well as Norcal teams getting berths that have not in long long time. This tells you what is really going on in ASA.

As with any top program playing both ASA and Premier, it can and will put a serious strain on not only pitching staff but everyone involved as its a long long run and serious $$$

If your looking for a shot at a title go ASA, if you want to play the best go Premier.
triplecrown

by sageorge2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:27 am

I hate to keep going, but I talked to a team last night that was moving fields during the game. Asked a parent what was going on they said there were lights out on the field and the infield was dark. Apparently, the coach addressed it to the umpire and the ump told him sorry, nothing we can do....play ball! When the team expressed the girls safety to Premier reps, they moved them to another field. I had to laugh when I looked at the new field, and there were 2 lights out on that field too. One more game to qualify, then will probably go to Texas anyway!
sageorge2

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch