Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier Girs Fastpitch Insurance

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Joe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:15 am

BenAround wrote:I don't think that's a "bitch", it seems to be a reasonable question.

BenDover.jpg
BenDover.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 5275 times
Joe

by EzOut.EzOut » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 am

EzOut.EzOut

by BenAround » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 am

OTB: Still waiting................

OTB: If non PGF insurance was good enough for the qualifiers, why isn't it good enough for the final tourney ? I don't think that's a "bitch", it seems to be a reasonable question.

Joe: you are more irrelevant to this board now than ever. ZzZz.... Go back to your day job as Skarps fluffer.
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 am

Is it common practice among every association to have a requirement to have their insurance to play in their national tournament? Has anyone ever called ASA, NSA, USSSA to the carpet for requiring their insurance? Have you sent a mail to anyone at PGF asking about any waiver process?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Joe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:57 am

EzOut.EzOut wrote:http://www.ci.midland.tx.us/

W/O comment.

Jabs about ASA's decision to play in Midland aside, the situation in Midland, West and South Texas is very serious. Let's hope for some wet stuff soon. The good folks around those parts are really hurting :(
Joe

by BenAround » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 am

Joe wrote:
EzOut.EzOut wrote:http://www.ci.midland.tx.us/

W/O comment.

Jabs about ASA's decision to play in Midland aside, the situation in Midland, West and South Texas is very serious. Let's hope for some wet stuff soon. The good folks around those parts are really hurting :(

I really feel for you joe:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by PDad » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:Is it common practice among every association to have a requirement to have their insurance to play in their national tournament? Has anyone ever called ASA, NSA, USSSA to the carpet for requiring their insurance? Have you sent a mail to anyone at PGF asking about any waiver process?

ASA insurance is mandatory for all play - it's bundled with team/player registration. From what I've seen of the other organizations (NSA, TCS, USFA, USSSA, etc.), they charge a nominal registration fee, offer insurance coverage and require proof of insurance.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 am

Ben, that is a good question for which I dont know the answer. You should ask Dan Hay, but I thought he answered it a few weeks back. I cant find it though.

What I do know firsthand is that insurance is a bet where you are betting you will need it and the insurance company is betting you wont, and the insurance company does what it can to put the odds in their favor and minimize the payout when they lose.

Regardless, I have NO issue with the insurance. I see it as part of the cost of doing business for my DDs to participate and I would rather be over-insured in the event something happens. I may be completely ignorant with this perspective, but until someone can spell out exactly why we DO NOT need the PGF insurance, its a non-issue for me.
ontheblack

by PDad » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 pm

ontheblack wrote:Ben, that is a good question for which I dont know the answer. You should ask Dan Hay, but I thought he answered it a few weeks back. I cant find it though.

Here is what Dan posted almost 3 months ago (viewtopic.php?p=189484#p189484):

We are taking a big chance in letting the teams play in our qualifiers with ASA insurance. And quite frankly so is each team. But we didn’t want to require each team, this year, to purchase insurance in order to play in a qualifier. Most likely, it will be required next year for all events.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tony » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Your ASA insurance covers you in any tournament as long as your team is in tack. This is what I was told. Best way to get to the right answer, Any ASA people out there?
Tony

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch