Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Required to use Premier hotels

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Dr Pepper » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm

**Please be aware that your team is required to make all Hotel Reservations with one of the Premier Girls Fastpitch Hotel sponsors listed on this site. Failure to use tournament hotels will jeopardize your team's participation in future events**

***Teams that wish to make a hotel reservation at a location of their own choosing may do so for a fee, payable to Premier Girls Fastpitch, in the amount of $500.00 per team(Qualifier) or $1,500 per team (Natl Championship)***
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What next, they will tell us where to eat, where to get our gas. KICKBACKS......

Home of the FREE except when playing Premier Softball.....
Dr Pepper

by BenAround » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Oh thats not fair. PGF is just starting and they'll work all this out soon enough. ASA used to do this too, butt even worser, so it's OK for PGF to do it cause it's not so worser.

I'd much rather get fleeced in sunny so cal than gawd awful Texas.

Now we know where the PGF execs spend all their time, working the deals.
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by PDad » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:48 pm

It has been reported that PGF's negotiated rates are similar to what you can get on your own. If their rates aren't competitive, paying the $1,500 (about $15/night per room) to stay at the hotel of your choosing is a lot better than the jacked up rates for ASA Nats.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:57 pm

PDad wrote:It has been reported that PGF's negotiated rates are similar to what you can get on your own. If their rates aren't competitive, paying the $1,500 (about $15/night per room) to stay at the hotel of your choosing is a lot better than the jacked up rates for ASA Nats.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
PERFECT EXAMPLE OF:
"ASA used to do this too, butt even worser, so it's OK for PGF to do it cause it's not so worser."

Also any claim that starts of with "It has been reported that......." is generally that persons sole opinion, with an attempt to lend credibility to it by implying the opinion is the consensus of a larger, yet unknown and mysterious group. 8-)
BenAround

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

ASA and PGF both use 'sponsor' hotels to house umpires and staff that are brought to town to work the tournament. For instance if a hotel has 30 team rooms PGF asks for 5 comped rooms to house umpires. Nothing bad about that.

Probably not enough officials even in LA to work all the games. LA likely has a large number of umps to work games, but there are also a lot fewer teams staying in hotels.

I think it is kudos to PGF for capping the dollar amount they expect to make on teams, $1500. It does not get more transparent.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Comp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Attended my 1st ASA nationals about 6 years ago and have never been "required" to stay at an ASA sanctioned hotel or pay a penalty.

On the other hand, have attended several Batbusters tournaments and each was with the requirement of the team having to stay at a sanctioned hotel. And no, the rates were not competitive with surrounding hotels. One time there was a hotel dircetly across the street that was actually nicer for $40 less per night per room.

What about the local teams playing in the PGF tournament that dont need hotels? Do they have to pay the $1500 penalty for not staying at one of the events hotels?
Comp

by PDad » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm

BenAround wrote:
PDad wrote:It has been reported that PGF's negotiated rates are similar to what you can get on your own. If their rates aren't competitive, paying the $1,500 (about $15/night per room) to stay at the hotel of your choosing is a lot better than the jacked up rates for ASA Nats.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
PERFECT EXAMPLE OF:
"ASA used to do this too, butt even worser, so it's OK for PGF to do it cause it's not so worser."

Used to? :roll: ASA doesn't "do this" - they foster jacked up rates by how and where they award Nats.

Also any claim that starts of with "It has been reported that......." is generally that persons sole opinion, with an attempt to lend credibility to it by implying the opinion is the consensus of a larger, yet unknown and mysterious group. 8-)

I was referring to this post on another PGF thread (viewtopic.php?p=188626#p188626):

No, you dont have to patronize the hotels that Surf City suggests, but they usually have negotiated good rates. I dont care if they get a cut if it saves me a few bucks.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BenAround » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
I think it is kudos to PGF for capping the dollar amount they expect to make on teams, $1500. It does not get more transparent.

WOW

Here ya go, eventhough you seem to drink too much already:
BenAround

by Darkcloud » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:08 pm

What is the reason given to require a team to stay at the hotel? And what is the reason if you choose not to, have to pay $1500?
Darkcloud

by ocsoftball » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Would you rather stay at PGF hotels or play in Midland geeezzz
ocsoftball

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch