Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

At Large births this year?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:52 pm

softball4everandever wrote:Did 14u teams play in North Texas qualifier? Or were 4 berths (instead of 3) just handed to 4 teams that paid?

3 more teams appeared on the 14U qualified list - 2 were entered in the NoTX qualifier (i.e. Firecrackers DFW, San Diego Aztecs) and the other was not (Birmingham Vipers).
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

PDad wrote:
softball4everandever wrote:Did 14u teams play in North Texas qualifier? Or were 4 berths (instead of 3) just handed to 4 teams that paid?

3 more teams appeared on the 14U qualified list - 2 were entered in the NoTX qualifier (i.e. Firecrackers DFW, San Diego Aztecs) and the other was not (Birmingham Vipers).

They did not play............
TexasYellowBall

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:
PDad wrote:

Looks like the closer the tournament gets the easier it is to get gifted berths. Now that's prestige! :lol:
(disclaimer: ASA and other orgs do the same or similar :mrgreen: )
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by softball4everandever » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:10 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:
PDad wrote:

Odd that they went through the motions of making a bracket & posting it then the teams didn't play?? Other teams from CA that are going to OR qualifier should have paid for TX & saved $ on airfare. :lol:
softball4everandever

by lvtwft » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:34 pm

softball4everandever wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:
PDad wrote:

Odd that they went through the motions of making a bracket & posting it then the teams didn't play?? Other teams from CA that are going to OR qualifier should have paid for TX & saved $ on airfare. :lol:

JMO, give us some insight on this?
How did those teams get in without going to a qualifier?
I am not part of the old boys club, but would love to know how they got in and or if they were invited?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
Albert Einstein
lvtwft

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:40 pm

They paid their entry fee.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by ontheblack » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

SD Aztecs competed in two qualifiers. Solid 98 team one takes lightly at their own peril.
ontheblack

by softball4everandever » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:20 am

ontheblack wrote:SD Aztecs competed in two qualifiers. Solid 98 team one takes lightly at their own peril.

So why not just give them a berth from the beginning instead of make them pay for 3 qualifiers if they are worthy?

Can the same be said about FC DFW?
softball4everandever

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:05 am

lvtwft wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:
PDad wrote:

I am not part of the old boys club, but would love to know how they got in and or if they were invited?

Nothing that ASA hasn't done a hundred times!!
Sftbll4ever

by CULater » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:47 am

Sftbll4ever wrote:
lvtwft wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:
PDad wrote:

Nothing that ASA hasn't done a hundred times!!

ha ha ha ha but daaaaaaad....everyone one else has one..... really???

You are going with the ASA has done it before excuse? I was under the impression PGF was created to get away from all the things ASA did poorly.
CULater

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch