Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 2012 12U

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Fredegar » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 am

joaquinjunior wrote:gate fee. really...

ASA charges $30+ for an entrance pass for most of their Nationals, don't they? Approx 2 family members, for each of approx 15 kids. That's roughly $900 the team is shelling out to attend. More/less depending on actual cost and number of family members. PGF does not charge these gate fees for the folks attending.

In addition, ASA only allows 1 team cooler of Water/Drinks. Families cannot bring coolers in, which means they buy all food/drink at Snack Bar. I believe PGF lets you bring in whatever coolers, food, drinks you want.

So while the PGF cost is initially high, it's probably similar when all costs are considered.
Fredegar

by lookingIN » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 am

1500.00 is still 1500.00. I just cant see paying that much and than having to stay where they want you to stay at ( hotels ) just digs deeper in the pockets.
lookingIN

by BIG DADDY 24 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 pm

What's the price for the qualifiers?
just BIG DADDY'S opinion, dont hate !!!!!!!
BIG DADDY 24

by 2muchparents » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 am

jmo wrote:
spine13 wrote:$1,500 would Def make me think Twice about attending.

The price for the 12U will not be $1500. A final price will be determined at a board meeting in the next few weeks.

Have you come up with a price yet? Your website still says $1,500.
2muchparents

by ridinsuicide » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:38 pm

We are gonna make our first appearance at ASA Nationals this year. We sure hope the TOP teams in the country will be there!! Be it Cali, Az, are anywhere else. We are heading to Moline to hopefully face the best of the best..... Thats what it's all about...
ridinsuicide

by 4girlsmom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 pm

ridinsuicide wrote:We are gonna make our first appearance at ASA Nationals this year. We sure hope the TOP teams in the country will be there!! Be it Cali, Az, are anywhere else. We are heading to Moline to hopefully face the best of the best..... Thats what it's all about...

Cancel your Moline plans and head to Huntington Beach if you plan on playing the Top teams in the
country... you won't be facing the best of the best in Moline, thats a big 10-4!
4girlsmom

by 4girlsmom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 am

Spazsdad wrote:
4girlsmom wrote:
ridinsuicide wrote:We are gonna make our first appearance at ASA Nationals this year. We sure hope the TOP teams in the country will be there!! Be it Cali, Az, are anywhere else. We are heading to Moline to hopefully face the best of the best..... Thats what it's all about...

Cancel your Moline plans and head to Huntington Beach if you plan on playing the Top teams in the
country... you won't be facing the best of the best in Moline, thats a big 10-4!

At 12u do not pass up the experience of ASA Nationals. You will create memories that last a lifetime. There will be plenty of time when your kid gets older to chase the recruiting trail. When she ia older you will look back and long for those early days..
Hey mom, how old are your girls and what path did you follow with them in TB?

Have been to 3 different nationals.
At 12U, recruiting is not a consideration for staying local, nor is it a consideration at all. Economics, weather and the fact that playing
the top teams in Huntington Beach sound much more appealing than playing the top teams in
Moline,Ill. I wouldn't trade the memories of traveling with DD's team for anything, just....did it.
4girlsmom

by ridinsuicide » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:22 am

I guess one of my questions would be, are any of the top Cali teams gonna be there this year? Im talking the OC Batbusters, Firecrackers, Etc?? I know traditionally these type of "A" caliber teams have traveled and played in ASA/USA Nationals. That was what our decision was based on. Can anyone give me actual input on what these teams plan on doing this summer as far as nationals?? It really, for us has nothing to do with recruiting...yet..lol. We have, what we feel is a very solid team from 1-10 and really want to put them up against the best......
ridinsuicide

by jonriv » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:23 am

ridinsuicide wrote:I guess one of my questions would be, are any of the top Cali teams gonna be there this year? Im talking the OC Batbusters, Firecrackers, Etc?? I know traditionally these type of "A" caliber teams have traveled and played in ASA/USA Nationals. That was what our decision was based on. Can anyone give me actual input on what these teams plan on doing this summer as far as nationals?? It really, for us has nothing to do with recruiting...yet..lol. We have, what we feel is a very solid team from 1-10 and really want to put them up against the best......

If you are a SoCal team and already have played the top teams in the area(with the exception of economics) Wouldn't you want to go outside your area to play Nationals(especially at 12u)? I can understand perhaps at 16u & 18u wanting to play the best, get the exposure etc........, it has been my experience is that one of the best parts at playing at a "nationals" is playing teams you have never seen before.
jonriv

by gworks99 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 am

We are a SoCal Team which will try to qualify for PGF Nationals right here in our backyard. The plan is to qualify in the SoCal qualifier and if no success try one more qualifier to get in. Playing in great weather, close to home, sleeping in your own bed, BBQ at the house, 2-5 minute commute times all sounds good. However, to give our players and families the "travel" experience, meet and play against new faces we will be playing the TCS Colorado Sparkler Juniors this year. Colorado's not a bad location, plenty of things to do and see, teams from all over the country and at least 3 of our players have older sisters that will be there anyway for the TCS Fireworks.
Hope this plan works out, I feel we may be a little spoiled if things pan out for us this year. Moline was never really on our agenda this season and for the likes of me I can't remember the names of the players who won 12u ASA Nationals a couple years ago or last year for that matter. I do remember a lot of people coming home broke and disgruntled from Alabama last year. We will try our best to keep things balanced, at least make a plan to balance expectations with our families and have a good time all around......... fingers crossed.
gworks99

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch