Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

NEW ASA POLICY ON SELECTING USA SOFTBALL JUNIOR TEAM

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Bleacher Creature » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm

sycophantsplural of syc·o·phant

Noun:

A person who acts obsequiously toward someone in order to gain advantage; a servile flatterer.

You could of just said ass kisser.... :)
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:PGF tried to be the bully, but were stood up to and the crying began. Keep your invite/showcase and take the medicine.

If you want to play on the JNT, then play ASA, follow the rules and shut up. Did you expect ASA to be pushed and not push back? I am sure the PGF did.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing =A warning to others stating that if an altercation is to be avoided than they should cease acting in a provacative manor.

All we need is MTR here and the ASA bodyguard coalition will be complete!

Like clockwork I tell you... :lol:

Let's not pretend that PGF is lacking in it's share of sycophants. This is Heybucket after all. :lol:

Point taken. :D
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Trophy Hunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Bleacher Creature wrote:sycophantsplural of syc·o·phant
Noun:
A person who acts obsequiously toward someone in order to gain advantage; a servile flatterer.
You could of just said ass kisser.... :)

ob·se·qui·ous
   [uhb-see-kwee-uhs] Show IPA
adjective
1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning:

You could have just said kisses ass... :lol:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by TexasYellowBall » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:32 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
TexasYellowBall wrote:PGF tried to be the bully, but were stood up to and the crying began. Keep your invite/showcase and take the medicine.

If you want to play on the JNT, then play ASA, follow the rules and shut up. Did you expect ASA to be pushed and not push back? I am sure the PGF did.

Don't start nothing won't be nothing =A warning to others stating that if an altercation is to be avoided than they should cease acting in a provacative manor.

All we need is MTR here and the ASA bodyguard coalition will be complete!

Like clockwork I tell you... :lol:

very funny.....and true

KUDOS
TexasYellowBall

by SoftballSoccerDad » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:35 pm

PGF doesn't care about what ASA does, they care about what ASA does not do and then deliver that product to PGF customers.

The majority of the best fastpitch teams are going to PGF. A few of the best are going to ASA. All the teams have their own reasons for whichever choice they make.

JNT eligibility is a factor for less than 1% of the girls playing fastpitch. Hope this helps.
SoftballSoccerDad

by stars99 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 pm

What coach really cares about this crap anyway? In the end your team does what the coaches decide to do. If they feel like they do not want to their players to spent 3 grand going half way across the country then they won't. I am sure the coaches will do what is best for their players and not worry about ASA and PGF fighting over who can get the better teams. In the end it is very simple, all the best teams want to do PGF because nationals is in California and 90% of the best teams come from California. Its really not that hard to understand. Who wants to spend 3 grand when they can wake up in their own bed and drive 20 minutes to nationals?
stars99

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:18 am

PDad wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Curious if you know how many generations does "family heritage" allow for?

Depends on the country because they would have to be a citizen. To play in the Olympics, Chris Kaman became a German citizen based on his great-grandparents. I goofed and based my original answer on the much looser World Baseball Classic rules which do not require them to actually be a citizen.

If this is true, I need start the ball rolling for my DD's, here is a little tidbit on one of their relatives (my grandmother's brother):

http://www.assembly.ab.ca/lao/library/lt-gov/steinhau.htm
Sftbll4ever

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 am

When does ASA announce their All Star team?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

PDad wrote:
Trophy Hunter wrote:Curious if you know how many generations does "family heritage" allow for?

Depends on the country because they would have to be a citizen. To play in the Olympics, Chris Kaman became a German citizen based on his great-grandparents. I goofed and based my original answer on the much looser World Baseball Classic rules which do not require them to actually be a citizen.

Does that mean we could see Obama playing hoops for the Nigerian team?
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:When does ASA announce their All Star team?

Which all star team? With the vast infrastructure ASA has in place nationally there are probably numerous all star teams.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch