Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF top finishers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Battle wrote::
Was the 9th place finisher at PGF (Washington Ladyhawks) the same team that finished 73rd at TCS?
;

Not the same team. I think the rest of your analysis is equally flawed.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Thanks for the humorous post to kick off my weekend old buddy. Can always count on your pro ASA ramblings to make me chuckle.

You're quite welcome and the feeling is mutual. :lol:

I love the "We have to muddle through so many teams at ASA" as an excuse for not finishing high enough. Then go to PGF and don't finish high there either. Truth is they are not good enough to finish high at either one.

Judging from your Danica post to me...After all this time, I never knew your name was secretly Richard Petty. ;) .... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Battle wrote::
Was the 9th place finisher at PGF (Washington Ladyhawks) the same team that finished 73rd at TCS?
;

Not the same team. I think the rest of your analysis is equally flawed.

Well it was a question. So there's a 3rd team? From what I understand Hawkins and Miller coach on the same team. :?

BTW...as far as being flawed...The ASA champs beat your 5th place Thunderbolts 4-2 this year in Florida...just sayin'.

Hey Spazzy....Just another thing for you to chuckle at as I proceed to not back anything up... :roll: :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Hurricane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:02 am

This is a very good debate. Thanks everyone.

I just wish the folks here at HeyBucket can moderate a debate like adults with no name-calling.

Each side should present their side of the issue and then have a rebuttal while still challenging the other side's points.

Should this have its own thread: PGF vs. ASA vs. TCS ???

Compare the stats over the years to see what the facts bear out?

Also, don't forget the "Travel Factor". Southern California teams do not really have to "Travel" like other teams do --- so does that make a difference where ASA and TCS are held?

Should we compare PGF to the Colorado Sparkler-type tournaments?

We can really make this an excellent debate topic so ALL HeyBucket perusers will benefit from the discussion.
Hurricane

by tbjd33 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:18 am

Hurricane wrote:This is a very good debate. Thanks everyone.

I just wish the folks here at HeyBucket can moderate a debate like adults with no name-calling.

Each side should present their side of the issue and then have a rebuttal while still challenging the other side's points.

Should this have its own thread: PGF vs. ASA vs. TCS ???

Compare the stats over the years to see what the facts bear out?

Also, don't forget the "Travel Factor". Southern California teams do not really have to "Travel" like other teams do --- so does that make a difference where ASA and TCS are held?

Should we compare PGF to the Colorado Sparkler-type tournaments?

We can really make this an excellent debate topic so ALL HeyBucket perusers will benefit from the discussion.

Travel factor? California teams have traveled since the beginning of time. Cali teams usually perform well if you go through the many year past. So whatever to travel. The game is the game!

Why should "all" benefit? That's an absurd statement. Only the best should benefit. Only the hardworking should benefit. Only the most talented should benefit.
tbjd33

by jonriv » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:28 am

He said "benefit" from the discussion. Try reading before getting your panties all in a bunch
jonriv

by Hurricane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

correct JR. thanks.

This is my point with some posters here. I do understand posters getting emotional over some topics. I get it. But many others do not read before typing on their keyboards.

What I would like to see is a rational debate on the topic. (probably needed to be moderated closely, however). Preferably with no name-calling or condescending attitudes. Just facts. Then let the readers decide for themselves.

Everyone throughout the country can then make up their own mind about PGF vs. ASA vs. TCS.

I am not saying one is better than the other. I don't know. However, some posters here are way more experienced on the issue since they have been involved with all 3 for many many years.
Hurricane

by AlwaysImprove » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:47 pm

You guys are not going to get the analysis you are requesting. It has been debated here for years. Most people feel the debat has been settled. Dropping into the mud with Battle is a waste of time.

If your tournament did not include SoCal A's, you were not in the one that counts.

If I was truly caring I would start with the order of finish from Independence Day tournament, http://www.bouldersoftball.org/2014_Documents/2014_Boulder_Bracket.xls That is most relevant close to finals tournament to be held. Top 16 from that tournament:
CA Corona Angels - Marty
MO Originals Gold
CA Batbusters
CA Sorcerers
AL Birmingham T-Bolts
CA Explosion
GA E. Cobb Bullets
MO St. Louis Chaos
IL Chill Gold
CA SoCal Choppers
CA Irvine Sting
KS Wich Mustangs
CA Grapettes
IL Beverly Bandits
CA Lady Magic
MI Finesse

Unfortunately for Battle. Those teams only really put their best teams on the field for Independence Day, PGF Finals and a few select friendlies they play leading up to those tournaments.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:53 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:You guys are not going to get the analysis you are requesting. It has been debated here for years. Most people feel the debat has been settled. Dropping into the mud with Battle is a waste of time.

If your tournament did not include SoCal A's, you were not in the one that counts.

If I was truly caring I would start with the order of finish from Independence Day tournament, http://www.bouldersoftball.org/2014_Documents/2014_Boulder_Bracket.xls That is most relevant close to finals tournament to be held. Top 16 from that tournament:
CA Corona Angels - Marty
MO Originals Gold
CA Batbusters
CA Sorcerers
AL Birmingham T-Bolts
CA Explosion
GA E. Cobb Bullets
MO St. Louis Chaos
IL Chill Gold
CA SoCal Choppers
CA Irvine Sting
KS Wich Mustangs
CA Grapettes
IL Beverly Bandits
CA Lady Magic
MI Finesse

Unfortunately for Battle. Those teams only really put their best teams on the field for Independence Day, PGF Finals and a few select friendlies they play leading up to those tournaments.

OK. Thanks, AlwaysImprove. I didn't realize there's been a debate about it already. I'll check the archives. Do you know how long ago it was discussed?
Hurricane

by Hurricane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Hurricane you make my head hurt with your demands for civility. Just as you rail against posters tone and style perhaps you should focus on the words and not the delivery
Maybe Kumbayabucket would more suit your gentle nature.

I hear what you're saying. I can dish it out like some of the geezers here, too. I've been a peruser for a long time and it's just something I had noticed with some of the same posters.

I just don't think HeyBucket needs to be so negative when there's a good debate going on. That's all. I don't mind when there's disagreements, but really, Spaz, some of these threads get derailed when a poster goes postal on another poster. It detracts from the information mined from the main issue at hand.

Self-policing is a good policy.
Hurricane

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch