Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Socal takeover?

by NinaCali » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm hoping that DF is making improvements on his fields to get approved qualifiers on the list.
NinaCali

by Intensemom » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Regardless of the name on the jersey, Gomes & Kiko both competed on prime fields at major tournaments and showcases. They both have placed several players in top programs. In the "early commit" culture perpetuated by college coaches, both of the coaches are strategically placing their teams and players in the best marketable positions to continue placing players. As parents, it's that what we'd expect from our coaches? Amazes me how ignorance perpetuates ignorance. Firecrackers have multiple teams across multiple states, yet you single out and bash these two coaches and the Batbusters organization for doing exactly what Rico has successfully done.
As a parent, my DD would play for either Gomes or Kiko regardless of the name on the jersey.
Intensemom

by SeeBallHitBall » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Intensemom wrote:Regardless of the name on the jersey, Gomes & Kiko both competed on prime fields at major tournaments and showcases. They both have placed several players in top programs. In the "early commit" culture perpetuated by college coaches, both of the coaches are strategically placing their teams and players in the best marketable positions to continue placing players. As parents, it's that what we'd expect from our coaches? Amazes me how ignorance perpetuates ignorance. Firecrackers have multiple teams across multiple states, yet you single out and bash these two coaches and the Batbusters organization for doing exactly what Rico has successfully done.
As a parent, my DD would play for either Gomes or Kiko regardless of the name on the jersey.

You might want to search the threads. I doubt you'll see FC and/or Rico has been given a free pass for the dilution of their brand.

It just so happens that someone informed the audience to the BB foray in to Nor Cal and did it in a way that you found insulting. Oh well.

If you were getting bang for your buck from Kiko and getting on good fields, what additional benefit do you perceive you will be getting from the switch to BB and the additional branding/licensing fee I assume you will now be paying?
SeeBallHitBall

by tbjd33 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:16 am

Goldball4 wrote:Oh look who showed up! Good ole boy himself, and heybucket commander! Look it is what it is, teams that supported pgf from the beginning left lsdt year, becsuse tgeyre tired of their money hungry ways. Spent 109 at hotel for jo cup, then our 16s come in the next eeek for pgf, 170 a night! BSSS! So lets see, east cobb bullets, gold coast hurricanes, indiana magic, michigan finesse, texas bombers, texss storm, texss aces, new lenox lighting, newtoen rock, san jose sting, american pastime, lady sluggrrs, wagners, wichita mustangs, st loius chaos, texss firecrackers. All were stalwarts at pgf from the beginning, and most got invites every year. But yeah tgey filled these spots with better teams im sure. Yeah right!

EC bullets and Gold Coast are for real. Other teams are not much in terms of tournament play.
tbjd33

by tbjd33 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:22 am

SeeBallHitBall wrote:
Intensemom wrote:Regardless of the name on the jersey, Gomes & Kiko both competed on prime fields at major tournaments and showcases. They both have placed several players in top programs. In the "early commit" culture perpetuated by college coaches, both of the coaches are strategically placing their teams and players in the best marketable positions to continue placing players. As parents, it's that what we'd expect from our coaches? Amazes me how ignorance perpetuates ignorance. Firecrackers have multiple teams across multiple states, yet you single out and bash these two coaches and the Batbusters organization for doing exactly what Rico has successfully done.

You might want to search the threads. I doubt you'll see FC and/or Rico has been given a free pass for the dilution of their brand.

It just so happens that someone informed the audience to the BB foray in to Nor Cal and did it in a way that you found insulting. Oh well.

If you were getting bang for your buck from Kiko and getting on good fields, what additional benefit do you perceive you will be getting from the switch to BB and the additional branding/licensing fee I assume you will now be paying?

They are very loyal to Kiko and Gomes. Parents forget at end of the day it's about our DD's and opportunity. Batbusters have obvious benefits and they made the move. It makes sense. Many many times I've listened to parents complain about Kiko and his lack of recruiting efforts. I've seen him and watched him let recruiters stand and wait while he coaches at a showcase.

Great coach Kiko is but needs to understand recruiting. Maybe the Batbuster brand will help with that. Those DDs deserve it!
tbjd33

by Goldball4 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:56 am

Abcd1234 you have no clue who those teams are I guess! Those teams made up a third of pgf for the first5 years! Which means they were one of the top 60 in the nation consistenly! Get out of here with that crap. As far as kiko and gomes, they already are on the good fields, in the great tournaments. No need to drain their pockets by paying socal for a name!
Goldball4

by Hook Slide » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:42 am

The coaches below Gomes & Kiko don't seem to be leaving for other, local, orgs so clearly more people are okay with this than are complaining about it.
Hook Slide

by onlooker » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Hook Slide wrote:The coaches below Gomes & Kiko don't seem to be leaving for other, local, orgs so clearly more people are okay with this than are complaining about it.

My spin on that little nugget above is:
First off, where would they go that they havent been? HAHAHA

The coaches below Gomes and Kiko are for the most part daddies with minimal to no relationships with schools. This is NOT going to change that at all. That is clearly not the best barometer for measuring if this is right. We would be better off with coaches who are leaders as opposed to brand name jersey wearing daddy followers.

Good riddance. Stop the madness.
onlooker

by Hook Slide » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 pm

onlooker wrote:
Hook Slide wrote:The coaches below Gomes & Kiko don't seem to be leaving for other, local, orgs so clearly more people are okay with this than are complaining about it.

My spin on that little nugget above is:
First off, where would they go that they havent been? HAHAHA

The coaches below Gomes and Kiko are for the most part daddies with minimal to no relationships with schools. This is NOT going to change that at all. That is clearly not the best barometer for measuring if this is right. We would be better off with coaches who are leaders as opposed to brand name jersey wearing daddy followers.

Good riddance. Stop the madness.

Yeah that's definitely a good point. They are ultimately just feeder teams for those 2 anyways.
Hook Slide

by fansoftball » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:12 pm

how are the "new" Batbusters teams looking at DF softball this weekend?
fansoftball

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal