Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NoCal/SoCal Civil War - was it a draw??

by SwingMan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:17 am

So, this great team finds themselves in a better position to forego HS and play against 8th graders?
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cal Thunder 12U » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:49 am

Well, that is the beauty of all of this....I know our team is way better because of them! We have faced them twice and lost twice! It made our coach prepare the whole team to beat them(try to) and that is what TB is all about to me and our team, After facing them, any other team is easy street! We hope to face them again and try to beat them! Good luck to all in TB.
Cal Thunder 12U

by bigballer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:29 pm

SwingMan wrote:So, this great team finds themselves in a better position to forego HS and play against 8th graders?

In my humble opinion, yeah. I personally feel that they'll be more prepared to play as a team. With 14U PGF Qualifiers beginning just as soon as high school ends, seems to make sense to me.

But, then again my DD's play in an area where HS ball is a pathetic joke.
bigballer

by CTCBAT » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 am

rbi wrote:
bigballer wrote:Love the idea of girls deciding to stick together and passing on HS ball for the sake of the team.
We all know HS ball isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you have the option of getting better coaching and more playtime and AB's than HS, why not take it.

Not a fan of this at ALL, if true... To each's own but IMO, you only have ONE shot at HS ball, no matter the sport and once its over its OVER! You can't tell me that EVERY kid had crappy coaching in HS and it was better for them development wise to play TB and/or these kids are not getting "AB's" in HS. If they are as good as advertised they would be starting on ANY HS team that i know of. Sometimes we as parents and coachs, get caught up to much in wins and losses and really dont understand the big picture. This is over before you know it, and it doesnt matter if your the PGF champion or the HS State Champion, two week's after, nobody remembers but the parents/coachs in the lunch room at work. The HS experience is something TB cant replace or duplicate, its about representing your community, your school and playing with kids you might have known your entire life. If your looking for development and HS is not providing it, get your butt on a solid TB team in Summer and get your butt in the gym and the cages!!!!

RBI we're talking about Freshman kids not senior kids. Next year they won't have this dilemma of where to play softball as there won't be any 16U spring ball. They will have three years of HS softball ahead of them. Neither is right or wrong. If they stayed together to reach a goal I can respect that.
CTCBAT

by rbi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:23 pm

CTCBAT wrote:
rbi wrote:
bigballer wrote:Love the idea of girls deciding to stick together and passing on HS ball for the sake of the team.
We all know HS ball isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you have the option of getting better coaching and more playtime and AB's than HS, why not take it.

Not a fan of this at ALL, if true... To each's own but IMO, you only have ONE shot at HS ball, no matter the sport and once its over its OVER! You can't tell me that EVERY kid had crappy coaching in HS and it was better for them development wise to play TB and/or these kids are not getting "AB's" in HS. If they are as good as advertised they would be starting on ANY HS team that i know of. Sometimes we as parents and coachs, get caught up to much in wins and losses and really dont understand the big picture. This is over before you know it, and it doesnt matter if your the PGF champion or the HS State Champion, two week's after, nobody remembers but the parents/coachs in the lunch room at work. The HS experience is something TB cant replace or duplicate, its about representing your community, your school and playing with kids you might have known your entire life. If your looking for development and HS is not providing it, get your butt on a solid TB team in Summer and get your butt in the gym and the cages!!!!

RBI we're talking about Freshman kids not senior kids. Next year they won't have this dilemma of where to play softball as there won't be any 16U spring ball. They will have three years of HS softball ahead of them. Neither is right or wrong. If they stayed together to reach a goal I can respect that.

Like it said before, to each's own..... Just remember you play TB pretty much year round for 9 years, HS ball is 8 weeks for four years... My kids freshman year she was very fortunate, her HS team was ranked top 3 in State, ranked nationally, and went to D-1 Section finals.. Memory's are just as strong your Freshman year as your Senior, its all part of the experience that TB can't duplicate, so you picked a bad reason with me lol. I just think sometimes (not saying this is the case, so people relax), individuals get kids to do things that otherwise might not be in best interest of the kids, as its all about the W! Trust me been there done that. NOW, if your a freshman and not going to be a everyday contributor to your HS team, thats a whole diff can of worms.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CTCBAT » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Not every comparison is the same, and not every HS situation is something to desire. If there were desirable HS situations those families had the right to play for those schools. They made a choice. I'm not a fool to think the kids were the ones who said "lets do this" and the parents and coaches said fine we'll put the extra effort into making a run. In fact, and where I agree with you, is the decision came top/down and pressures were felt to move with the group.

You still have the choice to walk. If Fredda Freshmen is such a big deal she'd land on her feet with another comparable club.

That's why I said "they" made their choice.
CTCBAT

Previous

Return to NorCal