Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

NoCal/SoCal Civil War - was it a draw??

by fansoftball » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

was it a draw??? only 4 teams had more than 3 wins on the weekend.

The Good:
Lot of good games.

The Bad:
Anyone that played SunCats took their lumps

The Ugly:
Teams from CenCal going 0-12 on the weekend OUCH
fansoftball

by rbi » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:29 am

Have heard a lot about the SunCats, are the kids all local Arizona Kids?

What is considered "CenCal"?
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:08 am

rbi wrote:Have heard a lot about the SunCats, are the kids all local Arizona Kids?

What is considered "CenCal"?

Yes... All AZ kids and are 2000's. They decided not to play HS ball stay together to give themselves a chance at PGF.

They have been a top 5 team for a few years now. If they dominated the Civil War the rest of those first years are in deep ish. There are a handful of teams better! Just write of hopes of PGF at this point... LOL.
tbjd33

by bigballer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Love the idea of girls deciding to stick together and passing on HS ball for the sake of the team.
We all know HS ball isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you have the option of getting better coaching and more playtime and AB's than HS, why not take it.
bigballer

by rbi » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm

bigballer wrote:Love the idea of girls deciding to stick together and passing on HS ball for the sake of the team.
We all know HS ball isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you have the option of getting better coaching and more playtime and AB's than HS, why not take it.

Not a fan of this at ALL, if true... To each's own but IMO, you only have ONE shot at HS ball, no matter the sport and once its over its OVER! You can't tell me that EVERY kid had crappy coaching in HS and it was better for them development wise to play TB and/or these kids are not getting "AB's" in HS. If they are as good as advertised they would be starting on ANY HS team that i know of. Sometimes we as parents and coachs, get caught up to much in wins and losses and really dont understand the big picture. This is over before you know it, and it doesnt matter if your the PGF champion or the HS State Champion, two week's after, nobody remembers but the parents/coachs in the lunch room at work. The HS experience is something TB cant replace or duplicate, its about representing your community, your school and playing with kids you might have known your entire life. If your looking for development and HS is not providing it, get your butt on a solid TB team in Summer and get your butt in the gym and the cages!!!!
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by texmex45 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 pm

rbi wrote:
bigballer wrote:Love the idea of girls deciding to stick together and passing on HS ball for the sake of the team.

Not a fan of this at ALL, if true... To each's own but IMO, you only have ONE shot at HS ball, no matter the sport and once its over its OVER! You can't tell me that EVERY kid had crappy coaching in HS and it was better for them development wise to play TB and/or these kids are not getting "AB's" in HS. If they are as good as advertised they would be starting on ANY HS team that i know of. Sometimes we as parents and coachs, get caught up to much in wins and losses and really dont understand the big picture. This is over before you know it, and it doesnt matter if your the PGF champion or the HS State Champion, two week's after, nobody remembers but the parents/coachs in the lunch room at work. The HS experience is something TB cant replace or duplicate, its about representing your community, your school and playing with kids you might have known your entire life. If your looking for development and HS is not providing it, get your butt on a solid TB team in Summer and get your butt in the gym and the cages!!!!

RBI....you could not have stated it more perfectly. None of these young ladies are going to make a living playing softball. It's about representing your school. And true, 2 weeks later no one gives a $#@! whether you won PGF.
texmex45

by PDad » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:31 pm

rbi wrote:What is considered "CenCal"?

According to ASA...
Central California: City of Fresno and the Counties of Kern, Kings, Madera, Tulare, San Luis Obispo, Inyo, Mono and Antelope Valley.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dozerdog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:54 pm

The Suncats did dominate most. They had 2 good games on sunday. They beat SoCal 3d 8-6 and had a walk off win against Angels 2-1. Also I was told they have 4 01's on their roster and that their #1 pitcher was an 01. That being said that team is very good and well coached.
Dozerdog

by Wookiedad » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

I found this on the Salinas Storm site. If I'm not mistaken it looks like Arizona Suncats dominated, having the best record, while Firecrackers Vidal (So Cal)had the second best record.

http://www.salinasstorm.org/wp-content/ ... hedule.pdf
Wookiedad

by tbjd33 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Wookiedad wrote:I found this on the Salinas Storm site. If I'm not mistaken it looks like Arizona Suncats dominated, having the best record, while Firecrackers Vidal (So Cal)had the second best record.

http://www.salinasstorm.org/wp-content/ ... hedule.pdf

Hey Chewy... Slow down buddy it was a friendly of all first year 14's. They should have been the best. Ever think top teams were simply putting a book together in you guys? Don't you think they asked to play you? But after years of playing against the Suncats crowd your chest pumping doesn't surprise me!
tbjd33

Next

Return to NorCal