Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by THE SWAMI » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

So let me understand this a little better..... Morabito is one and done in ths SILVER bracket in the opening ASA tournament. He wins one game on Sunday at the Breeze tournament and now he is bumped up to #7 above Grapettes-Guevara, AASA Maglalang, Holister Blackjacks, Hype ? And just one step below Universal Fastpitch 02? Hmmm..Casey Kasem would be pretty happy with that jump....
THE SWAMI

by lockdown » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Top 10:

2. CA Grapettes - Good hitting team.

3. Firecrackers 02 - Good hitting team and a good #1 pitcher.

4. NV Stealth - First time seeing the team this year. Fastest pitcher in the area; the team's success depends a lot on her.

5. Lady Magic - Good hitting team.

6. Breeze 03 - Dropped a few spots this week as they didn't do so well but they will move up again as the season progresses.

7. Salinas Storm - Solid team.

8. Hollister Blackjacks - Another good hitting team.

9. Hype Fastpitch - Team will beat some top 5 teams this year.

10. (TIE)
AASA Maglalang - Good hitting team that will climb the ranks as the season progresses.

AA Mizuno Morabito - Showing signs they can be a good team this summer.

Saturday wins mean nothing; it's all about winning on Sunday.
Last edited by lockdown on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lockdown

by texmex45 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Lockdown....I like your 1-7, but anything after that is a crap shoot (no pun intended). To mention AA Mizuno (Morabito) at all on this list is way too premature just because Breeze 02 played down to them in meaningless pool play game on Saturday, and just because AASA "almost" beat Breeze 02 a couple weeks ago doesn't necessarily mean that they belong on this list. You know what they say, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. This list will sort itself out around May 1st, but keep up the good work!! Love the rankings and the debate that comes with them.
texmex45

by quietstorm02 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:39 pm

I would consider Grapettes-Guevara to be in the top half of that group you listed and I think Nevada Stealth and Mizuno-Morabito belong on the list. Stealth has 2 pitchers who can really bring it. I watched Morabito vs Breeze 02 on Sat and the team looked very solid to me.

I know lots of teams in the 20 can beat almost any other team on the list depending on the day, so that should make for some entertaining head-to-head matchups on Sundays this spring. Right now, though, I'm just focused on getting ready for Vegas. :D
quietstorm02

by lockdown » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:44 pm

I would have to disagree with you on a couple of things. Stealth has 1 GOOD pitcher and another decent pitcher. Many teams have decent pitchers. Mizuno Morabito is moving up but will need to beat good teams on Sundays to prove themselves. I think they may do that before the end of the summer. The talent is pretty well divided in Nor Cal and it's going to be fun watching it all go down in the next few months. Looking forward to Las Vegas this weekend!
lockdown

by off the walls » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm

If winning on Sundays is all that matters. Then why are three of the top teams you ranked one and done on Sunday?
off the walls

by freebilly » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:49 pm

I put AA Mizuno Morabito high because they beat 2 teams from my top 5 the same day. Maybe it was a lucky weekend or maybe they got some players back but that was why I put them up. If they lose, I would put them down again. I think Saturday games should count, but mean a lot less than Sunday.

I didn't put Grapettes up higher because they haven't played any of the local teams yet.

I agree that Nevada Stealth should go in so I will remember to put them in next week. I did not put them in because they were Nevada not Norcal. They are closer than some other teams so it makes sense to include them if they will play here often.
freebilly

by lockdown » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm

[quote="off the walls"]If winning on Sundays is all that matters. Then why are three of the top teams you ranked one and done on Sunday?[/quote

Your math is a little off. 2 of the top 10 teams were "one and done" because they lost to other top 10 teams. It's pretty simple...... one of the teams needs to win.
lockdown

by off the walls » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:07 am

No. I"m correct. AASA, Hype, and Blackjacks were one and done. I didn't even bring up the top ten team that didn't play. My point is its all subjective. I like the fact you guys put the list out. It gives us all something to B.S. about.
off the walls

by lockdown » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:07 pm

I was referring to the Breeze tournament this past weekend where 2 top 10 teams were 1 and done on Sunday. It is great to hear all the information out there.
lockdown

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal