Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by texmex45 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:29 am

jtat32 wrote:As someone who has been around this sport for awhile, I would strongly urge restraint in discussing strengths and weaknesses of particular teams. There's nothing wrong at all with acknowledging/congratulating achievement, but discussing weaknesses of particular teams or players isn't healthy. Keep it off here, and keep it to yourselves in the stands - this is the kind of thing that breaks teams up.

Travel ball isn't an "everyone get's a trophy" environment, and it shouldn't be. At the same time, these kids aren't public figures, they're 10-12 year olds, and they're all working their tails off.

Nothing said was particularly offensive. I'm just passing on some advice.
mikemilly wrote:Lady Hustle doesn't have a pitcher? Sounds offensive to me , and probably the Lady Hustle pitchers family.

jtat's point is well-taken, as is your point mikemilley. This "in-depth" analysis of the 12U division is out of control, and it is a product of fastpitch parents with too much time on their hands. I have been guilty of this in the past as well.

The only thing more absurd is suggesting that ASA umps favor certain programs. :roll:
texmex45

by jtat32 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Carry on with the analysis, it's fun - that's why I'm following it, and I don't even have a kid in 12U. I'm just urging everyone to choose their words carefully.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NorCalKnowItAll » Thu May 14, 2015 5:09 pm

I meant a true #1 pitcher. I have plenty of better things I do. But I enjoy writing about my view over the weekend as well. I'm not hiding fastpitchdad, I've given you plenty of clues as to who I am. I hope every kid achieves their utmost potential as players and scholars. The list I put out seems to bother the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PARENTS" who signed their kids up for "COMPETITIVE SPORTS". The topic of discussion here is "the TOP 12U TEAMS " . Right? Not who deserves honorable mention. Or am I missing something?
NorCalKnowItAll

by texmex45 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:40 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:I meant a true #1 pitcher. I have plenty of better things I do. But I enjoy writing about my view over the weekend as well. I'm not hiding fastpitchdad, I've given you plenty of clues as to who I am. I hope every kid achieves their utmost potential as players and scholars. The list I put out seems to bother the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PARENTS" who signed their kids up for "COMPETITIVE SPORTS". The topic of discussion here is "the TOP 12U TEAMS " . Right? Not who deserves honorable mention. Or am I missing something?

Uhhhh, I think you are missing the point. Re-read jtat's post. Has nothing to do with honorable mention or your reference to no child left behind parents. Your response was entertaining , which is what the bucket is all about .
texmex45

by NorCalKnowItAll » Thu May 14, 2015 8:30 pm

Tex, I was referring to mikemilly, and fastpitchdad. I loved Jtat view and advice. She's a great observer . In fact I'm removing Lady Hustle from the list and replacing them with universal 03. Just cause I seen they placed 2nd in so cal. Wow, it seems I gotta get dinner going now. :lol:
NorCalKnowItAll

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:44 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:I meant a true #1 pitcher. I have plenty of better things I do. But I enjoy writing about my view over the weekend as well. I'm not hiding fastpitchdad, I've given you plenty of clues as to who I am. I hope every kid achieves their utmost potential as players and scholars. The list I put out seems to bother the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND PARENTS" who signed their kids up for "COMPETITIVE SPORTS". The topic of discussion here is "the TOP 12U TEAMS " . Right? Not who deserves honorable mention. Or am I missing something?

Like I would care for two seconds to follow your "clues". :roll:

Just grow up already.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mikemilly » Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 am

Don't lump me in with the "everyone gets a trophy group" I am the opposite, though I am the first to tell it like it is in person, I dont think we should discuss weaknesses of 12 year olds for everyone to see.

k
mikemilly

by bigballer » Fri May 15, 2015 9:03 am

Everyone is too damn sensitive. If you don't like what you read on the bucket then start a new thread or get off.

The thought that you don't want to hurt feelings of twelve year olds but want a 12U ranking is totally contradictory. Pfft, cold please :roll:
bigballer

by texmex45 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:39 am

bigballer wrote:Everyone is too damn sensitive. If you don't like what you read on the bucket then start a new thread or get off.

The thought that you don't want to hurt feelings of twelve year olds but want a 12U ranking is totally contradictory. Pfft, cold please :roll:

Nahh, not totally contradictory at all. While I agree that those with thin skin should probably find some other hobby than Heybucket, 12U rankings don't call out specific positions (or players), unless you are one of the folks that includes a frickin' review of every team that he/she ranks. Rankings, while a complete waste of time, don't really hurt most 12-year old's feelings I'm guessing. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a 12 year old that really gives a $#@& where they are in the rankings. Everyone's got an opinion, and I'm sure you know what they say about opinions.....
texmex45

by izicsz » Fri May 15, 2015 11:06 am

Just to get off topic a bit, I find it very interesting that there is such a big discussion about 12U rankings and very little discussion about any other age group up here in Norcal. In years past, the 10U parents were the most vocal about "ranking" teams in the 10U division. This year, NOTHING! Maybe, they are paying attention to all the 12U parents making fools of themselves and do not want to do the same! And, as we know, the older the age group, the less parents care to even talk about their particular age group/teams. Parents become more "seasoned" in their travel ball experience. Just go and watch an 18U game. Your lucky to have half of the parents even attend a game unless it is a major tournament. Granted, the girls are older and most drive themselves to a game if it is local, or the girls travel all together without the parents if it is not. However, it is somewhat entertaining to read this particular thread. Keep it up 12U parents!!! Norcal would be a boring place without you!! Just an observation...........
Last edited by izicsz on Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
izicsz

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal