Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by texmex45 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:58 pm

freebilly wrote:I don't see why it's such a problem putting more teams that are playing. Hangingcurve put the same 5 teams as me at the top. The only change I have from before the season is Firecrackers are off my list and Stealth is in. I said Breeze 03 #1 yesterday and that could change in a week after everyone gets home from Fresno.

The problem is that you base your rankings on how teams finish the past weekend. If, let's say, the Lady Magic beats WC Premier in the championship in Fresno this weekend (just an example, by no means a prediction), I'll betcha you'll have the Magic #1 and WC Premier #2 next Monday. These rankings reflect a season's worth of accomplishments, not a single weekend. You don't seem to get that and that's why you open yourself up to ridicule. If Sac State beat #1 Duke in basketball, would you rank Sac State #1? In your world, the answer is probably yes. Leave the rankings to the other folks who are better able to look at the "big picture." :x
texmex45

by freebilly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 pm

I didn't know someone was in charge of it. I only put what I think. I put the team that wins a local tournament #1. Then a different team wins it but it's always the same teams that win. That's why I change my list. Whoever wins or does best at Fresno Force will be my #1 next week even if it's a team that is not in my top 5 for this week. To answer your question, the winner of the NCAA tournament is ranked #1 no matter what they ranked before the tournament. Kentucky was #1 before then was listed #3 for the last ranking of season.
freebilly

by texmex45 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:56 pm

freebilly wrote:I didn't know someone was in charge of it. I only put what I think. I put the team that wins a local tournament #1. Then a different team wins it but it's always the same teams that win. That's why I change my list. Whoever wins or does best at Fresno Force will be my #1 next week even if it's a team that is not in my top 5 for this week. To answer your question, the winner of the NCAA tournament is ranked #1 no matter what they ranked before the tournament. Kentucky was #1 before then was listed #3 for the last ranking of season.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever and supports what I have been saying all along. You know what.....keep posting your rankings every Monday if that's what makes you happy. My Sac State reference obviously went right over your head, so I shouldn't have even wasted my time. I am already looking forward to next Monday!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
texmex45

by quietstorm02 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:46 pm

I know I've previously said I would "never" (damn that word) do this, but here goes, my top Sacramento and nearby teams in no particular order unless you say so:

Breeze 02 - Multiple tournament wins, always seem to be in the finals, finding ways to win. This is a very disciplined, well-coached team with strong #1 pitcher and solid bats throughout the lineup with some real power in the middle. You never see them get too high or too low.

Breeze 03 - Have won a couple of tournaments, I think, and are always around late on Sunday. They've also got a great #1 pitcher and no easy outs in their lineup. The players are a very disciplined bunch who are going to dominate even more next year. This team won't beat themselves. They make you earn everything you get.

Lady Magic - They've won a championship. There's a lot of talent on their roster and I would say they've probably got the strongest defensive outfield in the area. They don't have a lot of team speed, but know how to force the issue. When it comes to in-game strategy, they're right up there with Breeze 03.

Universal 02 - Have a recent 2nd-place finish. They have a terrific #1 pitcher who is one of the best when she's on. They've got a lot of speed and use it to pressure defenses. Most weeks, they will have a say in who advances to the late games.

West Coast Premier - Brand-new team and the biggest surprise of the spring so far, IMO. They have a 2nd-place finish and a big win or 2 on their record. Very well-coached team with a few big bats and lots of young players who play loose.

NC Firecrackers 02 - Have a 2nd-place finish. Even without a couple of their key players from the past few seasons, this team is still strong and can beat anyone on any given Sunday. When their #1 is on, she can limit other teams' output and give her team a chance.

AASA Maglalang - Very talented roster - solid pitching, solid bats, no holes. Has a few players who've been together several seasons, and overall, still developing chemistry. Had a pretty good run in Vegas last month and I know we haven't seen the best from this group yet.

I expect to see all of these teams in the same pools at the ASA Memorial Day Classic.
quietstorm02

by NorCalKnowItAll » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:44 pm

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What was the score with breeze 03 and west coast premier? According to sources the breeze let the girls pick their positions for that game. Not even joking.

And how many times have maglalang been close to the quarter finals of a tournament. I thought we all agreed that the consolation bracket was the first losers bracket. So they lost in Vegas. and beat other losers that day. Anyone who won, then lost was eliminated. Therefore the strong teams were not in the CONSOLATION bracket.

Firecrackers were also in the gold in Vegas but I don't see any uproar about how they went 3 international tie breakers against a Corona Angels 03 team who sent breeze 03 into the silver the night before. Although the firecrackers lost , that Corona team is considered the #1 03 team in the country. But all you clowns mention is how maglalang got some wins in the losers bracket.

Guess we know who's team your dd plays for.

I believe universal 02 also has a championship under their belt too. Beating breeze 02 In the ship.

I will tell you that I watched team of California 03 give breeze 03 a run for their money last Sunday. I haven't seen them enough to say more though.

Texmex what do you think about wcp. And aasa maglalang? And how well are they gonna do at the pgf qualifier? :shock:
NorCalKnowItAll

by defense20 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm

There are also lots of excuses, and variables,that can come into play on any given day or tournament. The most laughable thing I hear is when a middle of the road team beats one of these "elite" or "top 5" teams on say a Saturday, or in a friendly and people say they weren't trying, or it's Saturday that doesn't count, or they were missing players that weekend. There's lots of talent on good and bad teams, and I enjoy watching the teams that aren't filled with top talent and seeing a diamond in the rough or kid playing with maximum hustle just as much as I do the ones in which all the attention is focused around.
defense20

by texmex45 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:32 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote::roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What was the score with breeze 03 and west coast premier? According to sources the breeze let the girls pick their positions for that game. Not even joking.

And how many times have maglalang been close to the quarter finals of a tournament. I thought we all agreed that the consolation bracket was the first losers bracket. So they lost in Vegas. and beat other losers that day. Anyone who won, then lost was eliminated. Therefore the strong teams were not in the CONSOLATION bracket.

Firecrackers were also in the gold in Vegas but I don't see any uproar about how they went 3 international tie breakers against a Corona Angels 03 team who sent breeze 03 into the silver the night before. Although the firecrackers lost , that Corona team is considered the #1 03 team in the country. But all you clowns mention is how maglalang got some wins in the losers bracket.

Guess we know who's team your dd plays for.

I believe universal 02 also has a championship under their belt too. Beating breeze 02 In the ship.

I will tell you that I watched team of California 03 give breeze 03 a run for their money last Sunday. I haven't seen them enough to say more though.

Texmex what do you think about wcp. And aasa maglalang? And how well are they gonna do at the pgf qualifier? :shock:

NorCal......it sounds like you feel that the praise that WCP is receiving is not deserved. I would agree with you. They have a couple of girls that can pound the $#&@ out of the ball, but that is about it. I think Breeze 03 beat them something like 15-0. Way too soon to rank them in the top 8. And AASA....well, just because they had a gravy draw in Vegas and have played some top teams tough doesn't mean a whole lot to me. What have they won? Nada. Neither team will grab a PGF berth. Honestly, the two Breeze teams, Universal and Lady Magic are a level above the rest right now, but it is only April.
texmex45

by MC3sMom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:55 pm

You guys are all so mean spirited. This board is public and anyone can state their opinion on who is the best, top 10, etc. Can't you all debate without insults or ridicule? No way our region will ever compete with SoCal with all of these egos in the way.
MC3sMom

by quietstorm02 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:45 pm

If you've got an ax to grind with Mike or Chad or Brian or Wes, why not talk to them? They're all approachable guys. There are only 2 coaches - who may or may not be on the Freebilly all-comers list - I've had an issue with and both of them know it. I dealt with 1 in a face-to-face conversation and the other and I aren't on speaking terms. That's life, but I'm not going to snipe at him or his team on a message board.

I already said the 4 teams I thought were at the top of the food chain based on a lot of factors, including results, and I've said which teams I think are also "among the top" in Sacramento. I don't have the ability to get angry at a computer screen because someone disagreed about 12u softball. I'm content to keep saying positive things about the teams and players I've seen here and it goes without saying that I stand by my comment about WCP being the biggest surprise of the season. YMMV, and that's alright.

As for PGF, I wouldn't begin to try to handicap individual teams. Last year, LTG caught a favorable draw and was able to earn a berth. This year, with 4 berths on the line, I'd like to see them all go to local teams, but I think there's a real chance for us to get 2.
quietstorm02

by Overwhelmed » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:49 pm

If you've got an ax to grind with Mike or Chad or Brian or Wes, why not talk to them? They're all approachable guys.

Sounds like a case (or two) of sour grapes.
Overwhelmed

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal