Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by Overwhelmed » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:57 pm

off the walls wrote:Overwhelmed. Let me see if I understand what your saying. If a team wins three games in the championship bracket. Then looses. They are done. If a team gets bounced to the consolidation bracket in the first round but they play through to the consolidation game they take 3rd. Seems like fuzzy logic.

Not my logic, not my rules. The Dirt Dogs took home the 3rd place trophy that was on display all weekend.
Overwhelmed

by texmex45 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:58 pm

off the walls wrote:Overwhelmed. Let me see if I understand what your saying. If a team wins three games in the championship bracket. Then looses. They are done. If a team gets bounced to the consolidation bracket in the first round but they play through to the consolidation game they take 3rd. Seems like fuzzy logic.

Walls: absolutely agree. If Dirt Dogs and AASA want to run around and say that they placed third and fourth respectively, then have at it, but it is fuzzy logic indeed. The top four teams were the 4 remaining teams in the WINNER'S bracket. Funny how we spin things sometimes! :roll:
texmex45

by texmex45 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Overwhelmed wrote:

Not my logic, not my rules. The Dirt Dogs took home the 3rd place trophy that was on display all weekend.

Ahhhh.....I stand corrected. The trophy does make it somewhat official, though no less ridiculous.
texmex45

by HangingCurve » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:28 pm

texmex45 wrote:
Overwhelmed wrote:

Ahhhh.....I stand corrected. The trophy does make it somewhat official, though no less ridiculous.

Really...does 3rd place even matter? :roll: Corona Angels-Tyson and Georgia Impact are 2 impressive teams.

NorCal had a good showing in a tournament with a lot of very talented teams. Congrats to the NC Firecrackers 02, AASA Maglalang and Salinas Storm - Gonzalez for making the Gold bracket. The Dirt Dogs Davis and Nevada Stealth teams did good too, but the last time I looked at a map CenCal or Nevada are not a part of Northern Cal.

And Breeze 02 going from 1 to 10 in freebilly's ranking makes no sense. Putting Universal Fastpitch 02 below OBS Monarchs, Foothill Gold, the other 2 AASA teams, Bownet and Badgers??? I want some of that kool aid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HangingCurve

by texmex45 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 pm

HangingCurve wrote:
texmex45 wrote:
Overwhelmed wrote:

Really...does 3rd place even matter? :roll: Corona Angels-Tyson and Georgia Impact are 2 impressive teams.

NorCal had a good showing in a tournament with a lot of very talented teams. Congrats to the NC Firecrackers 02, AASA Maglalang and Salinas Storm - Gonzalez for making the Gold bracket. The Dirt Dogs Davis and Nevada Stealth teams did good too, but the last time I looked at a map CenCal or Nevada are not a part of Northern Cal.

And Breeze 02 going from 1 to 10 in freebilly's ranking makes no sense. Putting Universal Fastpitch 02 below OBS Monarchs, Foothill Gold, the other 2 AASA teams, Bownet and Badgers??? I want some of that kool aid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curve, nice post. I actually think 3rd place in a tournament this size means something, although I don't buy that the consolation winner is the 3rd best team in this tournament. Oh well, who cares, other than the 3rd place finisher I guess.

I get that these ranking are purely for fun and posted to spur debate, but they should be posted by someone that knows what they are talking about. Nevada Stealth loses twice to the Breeze 02 the week before, then has a good showing in Vegas and rockets to #1? I think they are a top 10 team, assuming we include Nevada in the rankings. AASA barely cracking the top 10 previously, then jumping to 3 based on a decent Vegas trip. And I agree, Breeze 02 dropping to 10 based on a poor showing in Vegas after two tournament wins the previous two weeks. And if I'm Universal, I'm fired up that some knucklehead doesn't have me in the top 5 even though this stuff is for entertainment purposes only. I still believe that the top 5 includes Universal, Grapettes Guevara, Breeze 02 & 03 and the Firecrackers. 6 thru 10 can be debated for days, and 11-20, well, does it matter? :?:
texmex45

by pinoypride1977 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:38 pm

head to head matchups are always a factor in determining rankings. one good weekend or bad weekend didn't shift the rankings that dramatically. first off this wasn't a regular tournament everyone knew if you lost 1 pool game you were gonna fall into the silver bracket so pool games did mean something in this tournament. just making the gold bracket is very impressive
nevada stealth- coaches told me they play mostly in nor cal vegas teams never heard of them intill theyre impressive showing this weekend. kinda had in easy pool and bracket game but the win against corona angels red (03 team) and mizuno storm is impressive
dirt dogs davis- had an easy road to the gold bracket theyre best win was against ps03 and AASA magalang
AASA magalang- had probably the best win against so cal keester of nor cal teams (definetly a top 10 so cal team breeze 02 beat them but that was a cross pool game didn't count)
nor cal firecrackers 02- had another easy pool with a tie against minors gold had a good win in 2or3 itb against corona angels red (03)
Salinas storm Gonzales- another easy pool lost both games sunday including to AASA magalang
breeze 03- went to the silver bracket beat lady magic than lost to minors gold
breeze 02- probably had their worst weekend lost to ps03 to drop into silver bracket than got crushed by a batbuster team and lost to lady magic. all 3 loses where pretty bad

summary nor cal teams did have a decent showing but have a lot of work to do to compete with so cal teams Nevada stealth was the only team to be on the winners gold bracket all the teamS in the gold bracket lost
chopper 02-10 vs. AASA maglalang - 0
Georgia impact 17 vs. Salinas storm -0
tcr 5 vs. nc firecrackers -2
oc united -11 vs. didrt dogs davis -6
Nevada stealth -5 vs. corona angels (03) -2 ONLY WIN OUT OF THE GROUP

good showing but gotta lot of work to compete for PGF and ASA Nationals

not a nor cal parent just saw a lot of good softball this weekend
pinoypride1977

by emonte11 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:57 am

Have we all completely ignored the Dirtdogs Team Mizuno who is also in Central California (Fresno). Top 4 finish in the Gold Bracket
emonte11

by texmex45 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:56 am

emonte11 wrote:Have we all completely ignored the Dirtdogs Team Mizuno who is also in Central California (Fresno). Top 4 finish in the Gold Bracket

It appears we have ignored them, but not intentionally. Great job on the top 4 finish!!!!
texmex45

by Overwhelmed » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:02 am

emonte11 wrote:Have we all completely ignored the Dirtdogs Team Mizuno who is also in Central California (Fresno). Top 4 finish in the Gold Bracket

Maybe it's time for a Cen Cal board? As a native Northern Californian, I've always considered anything south of the Bay Area/Monterey Bay part of Southern California, and that includes Fresno.

Either way, that's quite an accomplishment!
Overwhelmed

by emonte11 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:26 am

I do agree with the earlier comment, disappointed there are not more Norcal/Cencal teams at PGF this weekend
emonte11

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal