Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by SwingMan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:52 am

Curious how GSSA and the TD's will respond to this moving forward?
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by izicsz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

SwingMan wrote:Curious how GSSA and the TD's will respond to this moving forward?

That is an interesting question. There is an interesting dynamic involved here. Joe Marks and Gary Ybarra have a relationship other than TB coach and TD. I believe that Joe's oldest daughter currently plays or has played for Gary's Norcal Dirt Dogs 13U team. So, obviously, they know each other fairly well.

As far as GSSA, I couldn't say.

Listen, Joe Marks is not a bad guy. He just made a really bad decision that ended up causing a few bad people to show their true character, or in this case, lack there of. When your managing and coaching at this level, you had better make sure you represent yourself, your team, your organization, your parents, and most importantly, your players to the best of your ability at all times. Everyone is watching and listening all the time!! Unfortunately, this will be something that is remembered for awhile. It will be interesting to see what Bownet as a sponsor thinks about this. It could be a huge deal breaker for this organization as a whole. Who knows?

Oh, by the way.......... MikeMilly,

Next time you come on the Bucket and talk about your team, you might not want to refer to any issues your team might have or recently had, whether it was public knowledge or not. This whole discussion may not have even happened if you would have not said anything. I am sure that Joe and especially Thomas are really appreciative of you for bringing this situation up, even if it was incidentally accomplished by you. Just a piece of advice for the future.........
izicsz

by mikemilly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:14 pm

It was going to come up, and if you read what I wrote I was sticking up for Joe, and the girls.
mikemilly

by NorCalKnowItAll » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:47 pm

ASA metros this weekend. Please post scores and all the action over the weekend. Keep your girls hydrated. It's gonna be a scorcher. Good luck to all teams trying to earn a spot .
NorCalKnowItAll

by Wheelhousewilly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:46 am

Breeze 03 and Breeze 02 get spots.
Wheelhousewilly

by freebilly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Congratulations to Grapettes-Guevara, Hollister Blackjacks and Breeze 03 for winning their Association championships and ASA Nationals berths.

1. Universal Fastpitch 02
2. Lady Magic
3. Breeze 03
4. Grapettes Guevara
5. Breeze 02
6. Hollister Blackjacks
7. Norcal Smackers
8. AASA Nguyen
9. Firecrackers 02
10. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
freebilly

by softballmomma#1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Wheelhousewilly wrote:Breeze 03 and Breeze 02 get spots.

Yeah it only took seven people, collectively from both games, including the head of the Breeze organization, to be thrown out of the two games. (All on their side). Please tell me how you get thrown out of a game when your team is winning significantly? The Breeze 03 game was something I had never witnessed before in softball. It had it all, leaving early, a group time out to untie and retire of cleats at the pitcher's mound, derogatory comments made to both umps, a 40 minute game delay over an argument on a common sense courtesy runner. (that happened after the game switched momentum not in the favor of Breeze). it was like a drunken circus! it was ghetto and it was trashy and I was embarrassed for the people that were associated with this group but not involved in their smoking mirror antics. breeze 03 has a great group of girls that know how to play the game I just wish that coach and parents would trust their talent and not rely on their mental games towards 12 year old girls to help them win.
softballmomma#1

by texmex45 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:07 pm

softballmomma#1 wrote:
Wheelhousewilly wrote:Breeze 03 and Breeze 02 get spots.

Yeah it only took seven people, collectively from both games, including the head of the Breeze organization, to be thrown out of the two games. (All on their side). Please tell me how you get thrown out of a game when your team is winning significantly? The Breeze 03 game was something I had never witnessed before in softball. It had it all, leaving early, a group time out to untie and retire of cleats at the pitcher's mound, derogatory comments made to both umps, a 40 minute game delay over an argument on a common sense courtesy runner. (that happened after the game switched momentum not in the favor of Breeze). it was like a drunken circus! it was ghetto and it was trashy and I was embarrassed for the people that were associated with this group but not involved in their smoking mirror antics. breeze 03 has a great group of girls that know how to play the game I just wish that coach and parents would trust their talent and not rely on their mental games towards 12 year old girls to help them win.

Ghetto indeed.....amen Momma!
texmex45

by izicsz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 am

Once again, we all have to thank the Sacramento 12U softball community for representing the sport at a high level! Having to revert to using the words "thug" and "ghetto" by tournament observers, fans and parents these past few weeks just brings so much positivity to the game that I think we all still enjoy......maybe? Or is it just the water, or lack there of, that people are drinking up there in the Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln area? I did not here about any "thug" or "ghetto" type behavior in any of the bay area tournaments this past weekend....

Bownet........Breeze..... Ain't nothin' but a "B" thang,baaaaabay !!!
Two loc'ed out teams so we're craaaaazay!!!
Softball is the sport that paaaaays me!!!

You get the idea...............
izicsz

by quietstorm02 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:18 am

I disagree with how the situation from Sunday afternoon is being characterized. The team I'm associated with was out, so I was observing both games as a fan and I spent time in both stands. For there to be a 40-minute delay over a rule question when it's straight ASA was ridiculous. Play never should have been stopped for that long - it takes 2 minutes to consult a rule book if you don't know the rule already. The job of the umpires is to keep the game moving along based on that book. There were inexplicable ejections of both coaches AND fans. Nothing outside the fences is within the purview of the umpires aside from them being able to restrict coaching from behind the dugout. Technically, umpires cannot even eject fans, but the TD can.

These teams and coaches have known one another for years. Of course there's rivalry, but it's friendly and respectful and there was nothing contentious at all about the setting. I thought a majority of the Reno-area umpires did a terrific job this weekend and I appreciated them being there to work the tournament. I don't know where the umpire in question is based (he was new to me), but I didn't think he was especially good - ok, being candid, he was BAD - and that's only evidenced by the fact that there was probably a double-digit bodycount on ejections Sunday afternoon.

Even with the stakes as high as they were, it's my opinion that the majority of Sacramento-area teams and fans were extremely well-behaved throughout the entire weekend. I'm not trying to play the "high and mighty" card as if my word is some sort of Seal of Approval. I am only speaking up for my people, because of the way things really went down.
quietstorm02

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal