Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by bigballer » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

mikemilly wrote:Congradulations to KG Hitters for making the championship this weekend, and to Nevada Stealth for winning.

This truly shows how many different levels and worlds of softball there is...

Congrats to KG and Stealth!!!

Also congrats to Dirt Dogs Wescott, Lady Magic, and Universal Fastpitch in beating some tough teams to qualify for PGF Nationals!!!

Now let's see how the rankings look...
bigballer

by mikemilly » Mon May 11, 2015 12:16 pm

That's great , haven't checked that tournament yet !!!!
mikemilly

by freebilly » Mon May 11, 2015 6:37 pm

Congratulations to Lady Magic for earning their PGF berth by winning their bracket and to Universal for winning one of the loser's bracket berths.

1. Lady Magic
2. CC Dirt Dogs Wescott
3. Universal Fastpitch 02
4. Breeze 02
5. CC Dirt Dogs Davis
6. Breeze 03
7. Lady Hustle
8. OBS Monarchs Calvo
9. Nevada Stealth
10. CC Dirt Dogs Leon
freebilly

by NorCalKnowItAll » Tue May 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Congratulations to DD Westcott, Lady Magic, and Universal Fastpitch 02 for earning trips to Huntington Beach for the PGF Nationals. Here's my list based on the season thus far.

1- universal fastpitch 02
2- lady magic
3- breeze 02
4- dirt dogs Westcott
5- breeze 03
6- dirt dogs Davis
7- Nevada stealth
8- lady hustle Mattos

That's how I see it. I feel universal 02 had the toughest schedule in the qualifier and out scored opponents 50-11 . Even though they lost to Westcott they looked like the strongest team all weekend. This team has it all, pitching, solid infield, speedy outfielders, 4 Slappers , and a 3 thru 6 who pound the ball. It seems the experienced coaching staff now in place was the missing link.

Lady magic has progressively gotten better. Though they lack speed, they seem to get the job done with big hits, and solid defense.

Breeze 02 has solid pitching , huge bats , but lacks speed .

Dirt Dogs Westcott was the biggest surprise. They got past a breeze 03 team who pretty much gave the game away. Then beat the hottest team in the tournament 3-2 by shutting down the big bats of universal 02 for the berth. This team has a great catcher who leads them. Good hitting in timely situations wins them games.

Breeze 03 was the biggest disappointment this weekend. Although we all know that riding their #1 pitcher in big games is crucial to their success. It also has its consequence . Without their pitcher they become a good 03 team as we all witnessed in their game against breeze 02.

Dirt dogs Davis has a good team. He's lacking in some areas especially pitching. These girls can grind out wins while being well coached. They will continue to improve. If they find a solid pitcher , watch out for this team.

Nevada stealth will continue to win tournaments while the teams mentioned above are away. They have solid pitching that keeps hitters at bay. Still don't know why they aren't trying to qualify for PGF though.

Lady hustle Mattos also lacks a true pitcher. They hit well , and have a good small ball game. Good solid defense can keep them lingering around , but if not they implode. They definitely are teetering on my list.

Just my opinion . And once again I'm sorry little Suzy if you didn't make the cut. Practice hard and play tough.
NorCalKnowItAll

by off the walls » Wed May 13, 2015 1:06 pm

I agreed with most of what you said in your ranking norcalknowitall. That's until this part" once again I'm sorry little Suzy if you didn't make the cut. Practice hard and play tough."
Really why take a insightful post and turn it into a snarky post?
off the walls

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:30 pm

off the walls wrote:I agreed with most of what you said in your ranking norcalknowitall. That's until this part" once again I'm sorry little Suzy if you didn't make the cut. Practice hard and play tough."
Really why take a insightful post and turn it into a snarky post?

I would guess it's because he can hide behind his post without fear of real-life repercussions.

- Jeff Smith
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mattelawady » Wed May 13, 2015 2:07 pm

Good analysis Norcalknowitall. My issue with Breeze 02 and 03 is that while they are good teams with great coaching and excellent players, they benefit greatly from favorable umpiring when they play in Sacramento Area. When they play in Lincoln their hitters and pitchers have a different strike zone than their opponents. If you think I am off base, look at their record in tournaments outside of the Sacramento ASA - not only in terms of wins and losses but also in runs scored and runs allowed.

In my opinion, these two teams benefit greatly from biased umpiring. Some may argue umpiring in Sacramento ASA trournment has gotten worst over the years and I would agree with that assessement.

Bottomline -agree with Norcalknowitall with one small modification - I would add Universal 03 to the list over Ladyhustle
Mattelawady

by texmex45 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Mattelawady wrote:Good analysis Norcalknowitall. My issue with Breeze 02 and 03 is that while they are good teams with great coaching and excellent players, they benefit greatly from favorable umpiring when they play in Sacramento Area. When they play in Lincoln their hitters and pitchers have a different strike zone than their opponents. If you think I am off base, look at their record in tournaments outside of the Sacramento ASA - not only in terms of wins and losses but also in runs scored and runs allowed.

In my opinion, these two teams benefit greatly from biased umpiring. Some may argue umpiring in Sacramento ASA trournment has gotten worst over the years and I would agree with that assessement.

Bottomline -agree with Norcalknowitall with one small modification - I would add Universal 03 to the list over Ladyhustle

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mattelawady, you are an idiot! Welcome to the Bucket....now step away from the keyboard and go take your meds.
texmex45

by jtat32 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:59 pm

As someone who has been around this sport for awhile, I would strongly urge restraint in discussing strengths and weaknesses of particular teams. There's nothing wrong at all with acknowledging/congratulating achievement, but discussing weaknesses of particular teams or players isn't healthy. Keep it off here, and keep it to yourselves in the stands - this is the kind of thing that breaks teams up.

Travel ball isn't an "everyone get's a trophy" environment, and it shouldn't be. At the same time, these kids aren't public figures, they're 10-12 year olds, and they're all working their tails off.

Nothing said was particularly offensive. I'm just passing on some advice.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mikemilly » Thu May 14, 2015 7:16 am

Lady Hustle doesn't have a pitcher? Sounds offensive to me , and probably the Lady Hustle pitchers family.
mikemilly

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal