Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by Wheelhousewilly » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:35 pm

quietstorm02 wrote:I disagree with how the situation from Sunday afternoon is being characterized. The team I'm associated with was out, so I was observing both games as a fan and I spent time in both stands. For there to be a 40-minute delay over a rule question when it's straight ASA was ridiculous. Play never should have been stopped for that long - it takes 2 minutes to consult a rule book if you don't know the rule already. The job of the umpires is to keep the game moving along based on that book. There were inexplicable ejections of both coaches AND fans. Nothing outside the fences is within the purview of the umpires aside from them being able to restrict coaching from behind the dugout. Technically, umpires cannot even eject fans, but the TD can.

These teams and coaches have known one another for years. Of course there's rivalry, but it's friendly and respectful and there was nothing contentious at all about the setting. I thought a majority of the Reno-area umpires did a terrific job this weekend and I appreciated them being there to work the tournament. I don't know where the umpire in question is based (he was new to me), but I didn't think he was especially good - ok, being candid, he was BAD - and that's only evidenced by the fact that there was probably a double-digit bodycount on ejections Sunday afternoon.

Even with the stakes as high as they were, it's my opinion that the majority of Sacramento-area teams and fans were extremely well-behaved throughout the entire weekend. I'm not trying to play the "high and mighty" card as if my word is some sort of Seal of Approval. I am only speaking up for my people, because of the way things really went down.

Agreed , this was clearly a case of an umpire on a power trip
Wheelhousewilly

by mikemilly » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Way to go Bownet winning the championship this weekend in Rhonert Park played some tough games, beating the Smackers in the Nicole Mattson tournament.
mikemilly

by off the walls » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:17 pm

I think after this weekend the 02 breeze should be ranked above the 03 breeze. Cant wait to see the new list.
off the walls

by 411norcal » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Universal 02 cemented their #1 ranking this past weekend in impressive fashion. Got a chance to see them handle the Firecrackers and Lady Magic with ease on Sunday and they are fun to watch. Garcia has them clicking at the right time heading into PGF.
411norcal

by ~softballjunkie~ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:49 pm

mikemilly wrote:It was going to come up, and if you read what I wrote I was sticking up for Joe, and the girls.

Am I reading this correctly? You're sticking up for a coach who cheated? What kind of a role model are you for your child? I guess winning at all cost is great parenting! How pathetic.. Way to go Bownet
~softballjunkie~

by HangingCurve » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:17 pm

411norcal wrote:Universal 02 cemented their #1 ranking this past weekend in impressive fashion. Got a chance to see them handle the Firecrackers and Lady Magic with ease on Sunday and they are fun to watch. Garcia has them clicking at the right time heading into PGF.

Well, so much for that "clicking at the right time heading into PGF." :lol: A very poor overall showing at PGF from NorCal teams.

Universal 02 went 0-2 and were done by Tuesday, losing to Birmingham Thunderbolts and Breeze 02.

Breeze 02 went 1-2, losing to TX Impact Gold and beating Universal on Tuesday, then lost to Atlanta Vipers in the Wed 8AM game.

Lady Magic lost to OCBB Mascarenas, beat SoCal Wicked on Tuesday, then got no-hit by GA Intensity in the Wed 8AM game.

The "are you really part of NorCal" CC Dirt Dogs teams didn't fare much better either.
Davis lost on Monday to GA Intensity and on Tuesday to Firecrackers Young.
Wescott lost on Tuesday to both Firecrackers GA 02 and SoCal3D 2K3.

So a collective 2 win (1 against each other) 10 loss PGF bracket play representation from NorCal, with everyone sent home packing by Wednesday morning. Pretty disappointing.

I doubt anyone was planning on being done by Tuesday. Too bad, but hopefully they all were able to enjoy some extended time at Disneyland or the beach this week to make the trip somewhat worthwhile to the parents and families.

I suppose congratulations can be made for getting there, but it shows you how far behind NorCal is vs. stronger teams, and not just from SoCal. Good job on being the big fishes in the little pond of NorCal and good luck to those moving up to 14s in the fall.

Now let's see if any 12U NorCal teams can represent at ASA Nationals and make it past Friday.
HangingCurve

by defense20 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:11 am

HangingCurve wrote:
411norcal wrote:
Now let's see if any 12U NorCal teams can represent at ASA Nationals and make it past Friday.

Not NorCal related but that Sugarland team is downright nasty, Pitchers are something else. No hit KG and a Georgia team. something like 30 strikeouts combines in those 2 games,
defense20

by quietstorm02 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:31 am

Breeze 02 - PGF
Lady Magic - PGF
Universal 02 - PGF
Nevada Stealth - not NorCal, but always did well in Sac and at Nationals, so I'm claiming them
Grapettes - very strong showing at Nationals, nearly beat TX Sudden Impact

======================================

Honorable mention:

Lady Hustle
Breeze 03
Salinas Storm
Hollister Blackjacks
Bownet
quietstorm02

by freebilly » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:03 pm

1. Breeze 02
2. Universal Fastpitch 02
3. Lady Magic
4. Grapettes Guevara
5. Breeze 03
6. Lady Hustle
7. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
8. Strike Zone Red
9. Universal Fastpitch 03
10. Hollister Blackjacks
10. tie - Noral Bownet
freebilly

by bigballer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:20 pm

freebilly wrote:1. Breeze 02
2. Universal Fastpitch 02
3. Lady Magic
4. Grapettes Guevara
5. Breeze 03
6. Lady Hustle
7. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
8. Strike Zone Red
9. Universal Fastpitch 03
10. Hollister Blackjacks
10. tie - Noral Bownet

Any team that qualified and played at PGF deserves to be higher than any team that didn't. Everyone knows qualifying for PGF is the main goal/objective. All those that played ASA Nationals did so because they couldn't make it to PGF. Nice effort, but try again!

This is what separate NorCal from SoCal, the satisfaction on glorification of being second rate. Hate to tell you Ricky, but if you ain't first, your last! In other words if you ain't playing PGF, you ain't playing.
bigballer

Previous

Return to NorCal