Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by freebilly » Tue May 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Congratulations to Universal 02 for their Memorial Day win. They dominated the whole tournament and Lady Magic was their toughest test. The Sunday surprises were West Coast Premier over OBS Monarchs, AASA Maglalang over Breeze 02 and Lady Hustle over Grapettes Guevara.

1. Universal Fastpitch 02
2. Lady Magic
3. West Coast Premier
4. Breeze 02
5. Nevada Stealth
6. AASA Maglalang
7. OBS Monarchs
8. Lady Hustle Mattos
9. Norcal Firecrackers 02
10. Breeze 03
freebilly

by rucrazy? » Tue May 26, 2015 2:50 pm

I think it has become pretty Clear that universal and lady magic are the teams to beat based upon their tournament finishes and PGF berths but WCP as your #3 team because they made it to the championship? I can understand that they crack your top 10 based on improvement through the year.......but to place them ahead of Breeze 02', Nevada Stealth, Firecrackers 02', and the Breeze 03' is just crazy! Where is norcalknowitall to make sense of all this?
rucrazy?

by mikemilly » Tue May 26, 2015 3:40 pm

What happened to your top 20? You caved in way too easy...lol.
mikemilly

by freebilly » Tue May 26, 2015 3:47 pm

I put WCP up because they won 4 games to get to the championship and beat the team that beat Breeze 02. Before championship their only loss was to Lady Magic in pool which I thought was better than Breeze 02 tying with Salinas Storm. Breeze 02 has been a top 3 team all year, but WCP had a better weekend. Firecrackers played a tough game on Sunday, but had not been in my last top 10 so that's why I did not put them higher this time. WCP and Stealth skipped the PGF qualifier but I moved WCP ahead of Stealth because of more wins and also Stealth's pool loss was to a silver bracket team.
freebilly

by SwingMan » Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Why not? They have a head to head W against LM.
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NorCalKnowItAll » Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

This has got to be the closest Freebilly has been all season. Freebilly, just to backtrack on the pgf qualifier comment. If you do some research, you will see that firecrackers grizley won the aprils finest tournament in Huntington Beach the weekend prior. Pure fastpitch has also some good finishes amongst the top teams in Southern California. So you helped solidify my comment that universal 02 had a tougher road. I really try to do my research before I post. DD Wescott in my opinion is definitely a top 4 team. Ok to the list.

1 Universal 02
2 Lady Magic
3 Breeze 02
4 DD Wescott
5 Nevada Stealth
6 Nor Cal firecrackers
7 breeze 03
8 DD Davis

Universal 02- Finally firing on all cylinders. These ladies are well coached now.The speedy slappers, the big bats hit the long ball, the small ball and the baserunning makes for an impressive offense. They play solid defense around both their pitchers.

Lady Magic - These girls play some of the best defense around. In my opinion the most improved team since fall. I've yet to see the big bats personally, but I definitely know they can pound the ball. A well coached team who makes you earn it.

Breeze 02- Big Big bats. These girls hit the ball hard. Their #1 pitcher keeps the ball down and has a brutal change up. Solid infielders with strong arms keeps them in the winners circle.

DD Wescott - This team really surprises me. They play solid defense , and have one of the most solid catcher's in the area. Personally I wish I could see more of them in our tournaments.

Nevada Stealth - Pitching pure and simple. These 2 girls compliment each other with 2 different styles. The first one will gas you , while the other can move and spin that ball. They have some scrappy lil hitters who get the runs in.

Nor Cal firecrackers - I've said it all year long, don't count them out just yet. They have a pitcher who stands amongst the top pitchers in our area. The offense has been a little stagnant but seem to be improving, right Universal? :D . If they tune up the defense, lookout for these ladies.

Breeze 03 - This team is a solid 03 team at the moment.

DD Davis- this team shows Uber potential some weekends. They can hit the ball hard. These girls will surprise teams that take them lightly.

Ok I really wanted to put Maglalang and WCP in a tie for 9th. But I'm still having trouble figuring them out. After watching for the second time only , WCP seems to have an edge with their pitching. This coach definitely plays to her strengths by pitching away and keeping the ball favorably to the right side.They do have a couple of girls who can hit, but lack the small ball game. Maglalang on the other hand has a couple good hitters who get timely hits and as we seen this weekend, can rack em up. Ive still havent seen enough of them to include them yet.These 2 teams are definitely improving in the right direction. Keep it up girls and coaches.

Sincerely JM right (lockdown) :lol:
NorCalKnowItAll

by bigballer » Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 pm

C'mon Knowitall, where's the snarkiness. You keep putting vanilla out there like that and this thread is gonna die. Your husband must've given it to you good last night and you woke up all sunshine and roses today. Spice it up next time!!
bigballer

by NorCalKnowItAll » Thu May 28, 2015 6:46 am

bigballer wrote:C'mon Knowitall, where's the snarkiness. You keep putting vanilla out there like that and this thread is gonna die. Your husband must've given it to you good last night and you woke up all sunshine and roses today. Spice it up next time!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm learning how to be more diplomatic. Remember? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus I was going through "MENOPAUSE" ;) ;) when I made my last list.
Last edited by NorCalKnowItAll on Thu May 28, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorCalKnowItAll

by rucrazy? » Thu May 28, 2015 2:47 pm

All of these rankings can become quite puzzling to me so I though I would put one out as well! After carefully considering all of the teams and pouring over 16 pages of rankings, scouring the internet for game results, here is what I have come up with as the definitive top 5 list.

1) Universal Fastpitch
2) Lady Magic
3) California Breeze 02
4 California Breeze 03'
5) Little suzy's Bomber's

If you start by considering that the 4 teams at the top have won every tournament worth winning in Nor Cal and two have the ever so elusive PGF berth there really is no argument. Everything team on any list is like the NBA Lottery. Put a bunch of ping pong balls in a bucket and pull them out. Little suzy's Bombers are a nod to No cal Know it All as every other team that is out there. This is not to say that the other teams do not have talent, or can't show up and make it to a final the just don't have the overall talent that these four teams do in Nor Cal.

Cheers :ugeek:
rucrazy?

by bigballer » Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 pm

rucrazy? wrote:All of these rankings can become quite puzzling to me so I though I would put one out as well! After carefully considering all of the teams and pouring over 16 pages of rankings, scouring the internet for game results, here is what I have come up with as the definitive top 5 list.

1) Universal Fastpitch
2) Lady Magic
3) California Breeze 02
4 California Breeze 03'
5) Little suzy's Bomber's

If you start by considering that the 4 teams at the top have won every tournament worth winning in Nor Cal and two have the ever so elusive PGF berth there really is no argument. Everything team on any list is like the NBA Lottery. Put a bunch of ping pong balls in a bucket and pull them out. Little suzy's Bombers are a nod to No cal Know it All as every other team that is out there. This is not to say that the other teams do not have talent, or can't show up and make it to a final the just don't have the overall talent that these four teams do in Nor Cal.

Cheers :ugeek:

Now that's the way to put a frickin list together!!! Either you are a top team, or ya ain't. rucrazy, drop the mic and walk away after that one
bigballer

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal