Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by NorCalKnowItAll » Fri May 15, 2015 1:06 pm

bigballer wrote:Everyone is too damn sensitive. If you don't like what you read on the bucket then start a new thread or get off.

The thought that you don't want to hurt feelings of twelve year olds but want a 12U ranking is totally contradictory. Pfft, cold please :roll:

I guess we could for the sake of argument make a Top 12u B team thread? But then would you call Nevada Stealth, trophy hunters for playing in last weekends tournament And not the qualifier? Hmmm.

THE WORLD IS A MAGICAL PLACE FULL OF PEOPLE WAITING TO GET OFFENDED BY SOMETHING !!!!!!!
NorCalKnowItAll

by jtat32 » Fri May 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Here's an example of how you can do rankings and still keep it positive:

viewtopic.php?f=401&t=32946

It's not just the OP that sets the example - I read through all 15 pages and didn't see a single post that could be construed as being negative to any player's ability. Bracky did a bunch of these rankings back then, and they all were similarly professional. I'm not suggesting that anyone should be expected to be this professional - he was one of a kind - but it's not a bad idea to learn from the best.

This is all under the broader heading of "getting it" and making this the best experience it can be for your DD and the rest of the girls playing. Going back to the list I linked, I've since coached against a number of those teams. Won some, lost some, but didn't have a single bad experience. The coaches and parents that I interacted with all seemed to "get it", and I learned a lot from them.

You guys are lucky to have Coach P (Martin Garcia) in your division, even if your DD doesn't play for him. I'm sure that there are other great coaches, too, but Coach P is the best I've ever met in terms of understanding what this sport is all about and providing a great environment for ALL the players.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigballer » Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 pm

jtat32 wrote:Here's an example of how you can do rankings and still keep it positive:

viewtopic.php?f=401&t=32946

It's not just the OP that sets the example - I read through all 15 pages and didn't see a single post that could be construed as being negative to any player's ability. Bracky did a bunch of these rankings back then, and they all were similarly professional. I'm not suggesting that anyone should be expected to be this professional - he was one of a kind - but it's not a bad idea to learn from the best.

Eh...
bigballer

by kd2269 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:47 am

Don't forget bakersfield "dirtdogs"
kd2269

by kd2269 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 am

Norcalknowitall. .......wow. DD Wescott 4 universal 1.??? After a solid weekend of softball....wow!
kd2269

by NorCalKnowItAll » Sat May 16, 2015 3:49 pm

kd2269 wrote:Norcalknowitall. .......wow. DD Wescott 4 universal 1.??? After a solid weekend of softball....wow!

Yup! DD Wescott had a much easier path. If DD played Universal 10 times I'd say they might win twice. It's just my opinion.
Please feel free to make your list. Hey even freebilly gets the concept of this site. Make a list , sit back, and enjoy what follows. It's quite entertaining. Even parents that have no interest in 12u fastpitch can't stay outta of it. Just be warned , if you make a list , they will come! :lol:
NorCalKnowItAll

by freebilly » Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:
kd2269 wrote:Norcalknowitall. .......wow. DD Wescott 4 universal 1.??? After a solid weekend of softball....wow!

Yup! DD Wescott had a much easier path. If DD played Universal 10 times I'd say they might win twice. It's just my opinion.
Please feel free to make your list. Hey even freebilly gets the concept of this site. Make a list , sit back, and enjoy what follows. It's quite entertaining. Even parents that have no interest in 12u fastpitch can't stay outta of it. Just be warned , if you make a list , they will come! :lol:

How does it make any sense to say DD Wescott had it much easier? They had to beat the Breeze which is a top team and won that game and their first game by 1. Universal won their first 2 games 29 to 0. Universal and Wescott both had easy semifinal games.
freebilly

by lockdown » Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Looking forward to the Memorial Day Classic this weekend. 44 teams and lots of great action. All the top Nor Cal teams will be battling it out. Good luck everyone!
lockdown

by NorCalKnowItAll » Sat May 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Spent the morning and early afternoon at Santucci. Universal 02 dominated as expected. AASA Nguyen looked like they are improving. DD Leon and SaliNas wildcats had a bit of a battle. Looking for info at Wilson and other parks. Any upsets?Any surprises?
NorCalKnowItAll

by lockdown » Sun May 24, 2015 7:43 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:Spent the morning and early afternoon at Santucci. Universal 02 dominated as expected. AASA Nguyen looked like they are improving. DD Leon and SaliNas wildcats had a bit of a battle. Looking for info at Wilson and other parks. Any upsets?Any surprises?

Nothing to report from Foskett JM.... I mean KnowitAll
lockdown

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal