Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by NorCalKnowItAll » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:06 pm

quietstorm02 wrote:If you've got an ax to grind with Mike or Chad or Brian or Wes, why not talk to them? They're all approachable guys. There are only 2 coaches - who may or may not be on the Freebilly all-comers list - I've had an issue with and both of them know it. I dealt with 1 in a face-to-face conversation and the other and I aren't on speaking terms. That's life, but I'm not going to snipe at him or his team on a message board.

I already said the 4 teams I thought were at the top of the food chain based on a lot of factors, including results, and I've said which teams I think are also "among the top" in Sacramento. I don't have the ability to get angry at a computer screen because someone disagreed about 12u softball. I'm content to keep saying positive things about the teams and players I've seen here and it goes without saying that I stand by my comment about WCP being the biggest surprise of the season. YMMV, and that's alright.

As for PGF, I wouldn't begin to try to handicap individual teams. Last year, LTG caught a favorable draw and was able to earn a berth. This year, with 4 berths on the line, I'd like to see them all go to local teams, but I think there's a real chance for us to get 2.

Quietstorm, who are you referring to? No axe to grind with any coach here. Anyone giving up their days and nights to mentor young ladies is a saint in my book. I stated facts about those 2 teams. I didnt bash anyone. I'll be keeping my eye on them to see if I missed something. With that said good luck to all and safe travels to Fresno. My husband warned me about the bucket and having an opinion. Guess we all have to learn for ourselves.
NorCalKnowItAll

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:
quietstorm02 wrote:If you've got an ax to grind with Mike or Chad or Brian or Wes, why not talk to them? They're all approachable guys. There are only 2 coaches - who may or may not be on the Freebilly all-comers list - I've had an issue with and both of them know it. I dealt with 1 in a face-to-face conversation and the other and I aren't on speaking terms. That's life, but I'm not going to snipe at him or his team on a message board.

I already said the 4 teams I thought were at the top of the food chain based on a lot of factors, including results, and I've said which teams I think are also "among the top" in Sacramento. I don't have the ability to get angry at a computer screen because someone disagreed about 12u softball. I'm content to keep saying positive things about the teams and players I've seen here and it goes without saying that I stand by my comment about WCP being the biggest surprise of the season. YMMV, and that's alright.

As for PGF, I wouldn't begin to try to handicap individual teams. Last year, LTG caught a favorable draw and was able to earn a berth. This year, with 4 berths on the line, I'd like to see them all go to local teams, but I think there's a real chance for us to get 2.

Quietstorm, who are you referring to? No axe to grind with any coach here. Anyone giving up their days and nights to mentor young ladies is a saint in my book. I stated facts about those 2 teams. I didnt bash anyone. I'll be keeping my eye on them to see if I missed something. With that said good luck to all and safe travels to Fresno. My husband warned me about the bucket and having an opinion. Guess we all have to learn for ourselves.

Did your husband also tell you that prefacing your post with 30 laughing, eye-rolling smiley-faces and calling other posters "clowns" might not be received particularly well? 8-)
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by lockdown » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:02 am

The Fresno Classic was "rained out". What a bummer for all the teams that traveled and booked hotel rooms. I feel bad for the team from Washington. Most teams won't be back for the make-up......
lockdown

by NorCalKnowItAll » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:52 pm

No fastpitchdad 05 he didnt. But he did say that the sensitivity level in here runs high. I am bummed about Fresno, that tournament would have truly been the grading curve. Good luck to all trying to qualify in 2 weeks.
NorCalKnowItAll

by freebilly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 pm

We didn't get to play any games in Fresno but everyone was in the same boat. I'm happy our hotel was cool about refunds. I don't know if any teams will go to Fresno this weekend, but a lot of top teams are playing the PGF qualifier the weekend afrer and I want to see how they do there.
freebilly

by Lil Ballers » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 am

I'm just curious to see how all the teams from Socal and Norcal pair up May 9-10 for PGF. Should be a good one!
Lil Ballers

by lockdown » Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 am

Lil Ballers wrote:I'm just curious to see how all the teams from Socal and Norcal pair up May 9-10 for PGF. Should be a good one!

It will be a fun weekend for sure. I'm not that familiar with your So Cal teams though. It will be nice to have new teams to play in a tournament. I wish the tournament was at a better softball complex though.
lockdown

by WayUpNorth » Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 pm

I am the coach for the Flame 12U team from Bellevue, Washington that went to the Force Classic which was subsequently rained out.

I wanted to thank the Fresno Force for arranging a series of four friendlies for our team on Sunday. They sent both of their 12U teams and reached out to their competitors, the Central Cal Dirt Dogs, who also sent two of their teams. We played all four and had a great time. It was a very nice gesture by both orgs and it salvaged what was a very expensive trip for our girls and their families.

We are all grateful, and consider the Fresno Force to be a first-class organization. They didn't have to do what they did for us, but they did. They even paid for real ASA umpires and took care of all the field prep. We didn't even have to change fields. We just showed up and played four straight games against fine teams.

I want to thank the Dirt Dogs, as well. Their people felt bad for us, too, and they were able to collaborate with their fierce competitors and come together for our girls.

Thanks to all who made our trip worthwhile. You left us with very fond feelings. We will be back next year.

WayUpNorth

by jtat32 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Nice story coach, thanks for posting!
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mikemilly » Mon May 11, 2015 9:12 am

Congradulations to KG Hitters for making the championship this weekend, and to Nevada Stealth for winning.
mikemilly

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal