Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by HangingCurve » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 am

lockdown wrote:
Gutierrez408 wrote:Salinas Storm - gonzales just won the ASA qualifier this past weekend going 7-0.
More top team friendlies would be awesome....put them out there!!!

I think if Salinas Storm - Gonzales wants friendlies with the better teams, they would need to beat some of the better teams first to gain some attention. Most teams around the Sacramento valley don't know a whole lot about this team. Fresno will be a good place to make their mark.

When matched up against the top teams in Sacramento, they have lost to the Firecrackers 02 (ASA kickoff) and to AASA Maglalang (St. Paddy's in Vegas). Not sure what makes them a top 10 team either, but they are in a pool with Breeze 03 in Fresno, so we'll see how they fare.
HangingCurve

by Wilson Bats » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Had the opportunity to spend the weekend in Sacramento this weekend and caught some very good games in the Nor Cal Dirt Dogs Tourney. Watched the Universal Sports 02 team play Breeze 03 early on Saturday and then again in the Championship game with Breeze 03 winning both of those games. Watched a fiery good NV Stealth team play Dirt Dogs Davis and both of these teams had a good Las Vegas Tourney
Wilson Bats

by freebilly » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Congratulations to Breeze 03 for beating Universal Fastpitch 02 yesterday and moving to #1 this week on my list.

1. Breeze 03
2. Breeze 02
3. Universal Fastpitch 02
4. Nevada Stealth
5. Lady Magic
6. CC Dirtdogs Davis
7. OBS Monarchs Calvo
8. West Coast Premier
9. Lady Hustle Mattos
10. Norcal Firecrackers 02
11. AASA Maglalang
12. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Team California
15. Norcal Smackers
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm
19. All-American Mizuno Morabito
20. Universal Fastpitch 03
freebilly

by HangingCurve » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

freebilly wrote:Congratulations to Breeze 03 for beating Universal Fastpitch 02 yesterday and moving to #1 this week on my list.

1. Breeze 03
2. Breeze 02
4. Nevada Stealth
5. Lady Magic
6. CC Dirtdogs Davis
7. OBS Monarchs Calvo
8. West Coast Premier
9. Lady Hustle Mattos
11. AASA Maglalang
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Team California
15. Norcal Smackers
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm

Here's a more realistic and accurate list:

1. Breeze 02
2. Breeze 03
3. Lady Magic
4. Universal Fastpitch 02
5. Nevada Stealth
6. Dirt Dogs - Davis
7. Grapettes - Guevara
8. AASA - Maglalang
9. NorCal Firecrackers 02
10. West Coast Premier

There aren't enough quality teams in NorCal to justify having a top 20, unless someone is looking for a shout-out for being on a list, e.g. "Dude, check out CV Swarm, they're a top team on hey bucket!" It's like bragging that you finished 3rd place in a tournament...but failed to mention that you were in the silver bracket of a DF tournament that had 4 teams.

While I think anyone in the top 10 could beat one another, Breeze 02 and 03 have separated themselves from the rest and have proven they are the top teams in the area at this point in the season. I expect these 2 to be battling it out again in the end at the Nor Cal-only tournament this weekend...oops, I mean Fresno Force.
HangingCurve

by texmex45 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:14 pm

HangingCurve wrote:
freebilly wrote:Congratulations to Breeze 03 for beating Universal Fastpitch 02 yesterday and moving to #1 this week on my list.

1. Breeze 03
2. Breeze 02
4. Nevada Stealth
5. Lady Magic
6. CC Dirtdogs Davis
7. OBS Monarchs Calvo
8. West Coast Premier
9. Lady Hustle Mattos
11. AASA Maglalang
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Team California
15. Norcal Smackers
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm

1. Breeze 02
2. Breeze 03
3. Lady Magic
5. Nevada Stealth
6. Dirt Dogs - Davis
7. Grapettes - Guevara
8. AASA - Maglalang
10. West Coast Premier

There aren't enough quality teams in NorCal to justify having a top 20, unless someone is looking for a shout-out for being on a list, e.g. "Dude, check out CV Swarm, they're a top team on hey bucket!" It's like bragging that you finished 3rd place in a tournament...but failed to mention that you were in the silver bracket of a DF tournament that had 4 teams.

While I think anyone in the top 10 could beat one another, Breeze 02 and 03 have separated themselves from the rest and have proven they are the top teams in the area at this point in the season. I expect these 2 to be battling it out again in the end at the Nor Cal-only tournament this weekend...oops, I mean Fresno Force.

Curve.....very close to perfection on your rankings. As usual, more nonsense from freebilly :shock: , so thanks for making some much needed corrections. Congrats to the Breeze 03 for their win!
texmex45

by THE SWAMI » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Freebilly, we know it's "420" today, but come on man!!! :lol:
THE SWAMI

by NorCalKnowItAll » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:35 pm

HangingCurve wrote:

1. Breeze 03
2. Breeze 02
4. Nevada Stealth
5. Lady Magic
6. CC Dirtdogs Davis
7. OBS Monarchs Calvo
8. West Coast Premier
9. Lady Hustle Mattos
11. AASA Maglalang
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Team California
15. Norcal Smackers
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm

1. Breeze 02
2. Breeze 03
3. Lady Magic
5. Nevada Stealth
6. Dirt Dogs - Davis
7. Grapettes - Guevara
8. AASA - Maglalang
10. West Coast Premier

1 thru 7 look good. But if I see maglalang or west coast premier on any list that states "anyone of these teams can beat each other On any day" is a downright joke. I bet if you combined the 2 you still couldn't beat breeze 03 or universal 02. I'd put magic in the 5th spot until they get more consistent. Both Breeze teams along with universal 02 and stealth are easily 1 thru 4 in no particular order. Dirt Dogs Davis has a few kinks to workout also. Not sure how Grapettes Guevara , and Firecrackers 02 are looking of late. But those 2 have a history of surprising teams on Sundays. I know not the case lately. Good luck to all teams in Fresno this weekend! Oh and sorry in advance "little Suzy" if your team wasn't mentioned. That's why we have freebilly .
NorCalKnowItAll

by texmex45 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:50 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:
HangingCurve wrote:

1. Breeze 03
2. Breeze 02
4. Nevada Stealth
5. Lady Magic
6. CC Dirtdogs Davis
7. OBS Monarchs Calvo
8. West Coast Premier
9. Lady Hustle Mattos
11. AASA Maglalang
13. Grapettes Guevara
14. Team California
15. Norcal Smackers
16. West Sac Attack
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm

1. Breeze 02
2. Breeze 03
3. Lady Magic
5. Nevada Stealth
6. Dirt Dogs - Davis
7. Grapettes - Guevara
8. AASA - Maglalang
10. West Coast Premier

1 thru 7 look good. But if I see maglalang or west coast premier on any list that states "anyone of these teams can beat each other On any day" is a downright joke. I bet if you combined the 2 you still couldn't beat breeze 03 or universal 02. I'd put magic in the 5th spot until they get more consistent. Both Breeze teams along with universal 02 and stealth are easily 1 thru 4 in no particular order. Dirt Dogs Davis has a few kinks to workout also. Not sure how Grapettes Guevara , and Firecrackers 02 are looking of late. But those 2 have a history of surprising teams on Sundays. I know not the case lately. Good luck to all teams in Fresno this weekend! Oh and sorry in advance "little Suzy" if your team wasn't mentioned. That's why we have freebilly .

Haha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Any post that takes a shot at freebilly works for me!
texmex45

by SwingMan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 am

Classic line - "It's like bragging that you finished 3rd place in a tournament...but failed to mention that you were in the silver bracket of a DF tournament that had 4 teams."
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freebilly » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I don't see why it's such a problem putting more teams that are playing. Hangingcurve put the same 5 teams as me at the top. The only change I have from before the season is Firecrackers are off my list and Stealth is in. I said Breeze 03 #1 yesterday and that could change in a week after everyone gets home from Fresno.
freebilly

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal