Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Spring 2015 12u ranking

by quietstorm02 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:28 pm

I've been wondering about something. Twenty teams ranked? Why so many? Is that the Heybucket equivalent of everyone gets a trophy?
quietstorm02

by texmex45 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:22 pm

quietstorm02 wrote:I've been wondering about something. Twenty teams ranked? Why so many? Is that the Heybucket equivalent of everyone gets a trophy?

Thank you Storm....and I thought it was just me!! Honestly, 1 thru 10 is pretty simple to put together, 11-20 is difficult and frankly pointless. But hey, we certainly would not want to hurt little Susie's self-esteem by leaving her team off the list. Ugh!!!! :roll:
texmex45

by NorCalKnowItAll » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:11 pm

This is just my humble opinion of what I've seen. There are really only 6 or 7 teams in nor cal that have a true # 1 pitcher. All the rest of the teams in these lists just fill the pools. Without blinders on stack your team against these, and ask yourself out of 10 games played how many times can you win when they play their best 9 ? Kinda puts it in perspective huh? These teams either have been in the finals or have eliminated each other on Sunday in some tough battles. Nor cal firecrackers didn't start their #1 pitcher this last Sunday and it cost them the game, otherwise they are right there in the mix again. Universal 02 when firing on all cylinders has got to be the team to beat. Their outfield doesn't allow extra bases, and their #1 pitcher throws hard. Their a well balanced offense of speed and power. Breeze 03 is well coached and will make you earn every run, while their #1 puts up 10+ strike outs. Breeze 02 has 2 pitchers that keep the ball down well and they play great defense, while when their offense is on , look out. Nevada has scrappy hitters along with good pitching, who will continue to surprise teams when they are in town. Grapes can swing for power and have a good small ball game. Their lefty has good movement and if she keeps the ball down they can win.

Nor cal firecrackers
Nevada stealth
Breeze 03
Universal 02
Breeze 02
Grapettes Guevara

In no particular order . The rest of the teams fill in somewhere else.

I'm sure there is a couple more teams out there I missed , but I haven't seen them all yet. This weekend has both dirt dogs teams and Nevada stealth along with universal 02 who in my opinion has the best pitcher in nor cal. So it should make for some good ball.

Now on any given Sunday these teams are going to be in it to win it. After watching Tyson and Young battle it out, I'd say to any of the above teams BRING YOUR BEST!!! To any other teams here in nor cal keep working hard and good luck. And quitestorm , you hit the nail on the head, it's unnecessary to have everyone mentioned. Storm keep making too much sense I appreciate it. Look forward to this weekends games.
Last edited by NorCalKnowItAll on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorCalKnowItAll

by mikemilly » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:59 am

I dont mind seeing the top 20. Since we are on the bubble and trying to crack the top 10 . I like to hear others opinions.
mikemilly

by freebilly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

A lot of teams were playing in March Mayhem or Norcal's Finest March Madness over the weekend. Congratulations to Lady Magic and Breeze 03 for their wins. Breeze seemed to have an easy path on Sunday and did what was expected in winning. Lady Magic came back from Saturday loss to win tight 1-0 game over Universal in championship game in Stockton. The big movers were Lady Hustle and West Coast Premier. They had great Sundays. The same main teams are hanging around the top. OBS Monarchs might be for real.

1. Lady Magic
2. Breeze 03
3. Universal Fastpitch 02
4. Breeze 02
5. OBS Monarchs Calvo
6. Nevada Stealth
7. Lady Hustle Mattos
8. West Coast Premier
9. CC Dirtdogs Davis
10. AASA Maglalang
11. Salinas Storm Gonzalez
12. Grapettes Guevara
13. Norcal Smackers
14. Norcal Blitz
15. Norcal Firecrackers 02
16. Hype Fastpitch
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm
19. SJ Sting
20. Bears
freebilly

by texmex45 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:10 pm

freebilly wrote:A lot of teams were playing in March Mayhem or Norcal's Finest March Madness over the weekend. Congratulations to Lady Magic and Breeze 03 for their wins. Breeze seemed to have an easy path on Sunday and did what was expected in winning. Lady Magic came back from Saturday loss to win tight 1-0 game over Universal in championship game in Stockton. The big movers were Lady Hustle and West Coast Premier. They had great Sundays. The same main teams are hanging around the top. OBS Monarchs might be for real.

1. Lady Magic
2. Breeze 03
4. Breeze 02
5. OBS Monarchs Calvo
6. Nevada Stealth
7. Lady Hustle Mattos
8. West Coast Premier
9. CC Dirtdogs Davis
10. AASA Maglalang
12. Grapettes Guevara
13. Norcal Smackers
14. Norcal Blitz
16. Hype Fastpitch
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm
19. SJ Sting
20. Bears

What a shocker!! Lady Magic wins yesterday and freebilly puts them at #1. Rankings relect a season's worth of work, not a weekend. Congrats to the LM, but can someone with a fully-functional brain please take over the rankings? :roll: :roll: :!:
texmex45

by texmex45 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 pm

texmex45 wrote:
freebilly wrote:A lot of teams were playing in March Mayhem or Norcal's Finest March Madness over the weekend. Congratulations to Lady Magic and Breeze 03 for their wins. Breeze seemed to have an easy path on Sunday and did what was expected in winning. Lady Magic came back from Saturday loss to win tight 1-0 game over Universal in championship game in Stockton. The big movers were Lady Hustle and West Coast Premier. They had great Sundays. The same main teams are hanging around the top. OBS Monarchs might be for real.

1. Lady Magic
2. Breeze 03
4. Breeze 02
5. OBS Monarchs Calvo
6. Nevada Stealth
7. Lady Hustle Mattos
8. West Coast Premier
9. CC Dirtdogs Davis
10. AASA Maglalang
12. Grapettes Guevara
13. Norcal Smackers
14. Norcal Blitz
16. Hype Fastpitch
17. Norcal Bownet
18. CV Swarm
19. SJ Sting
20. Bears

What a shocker!! Lady Magic wins yesterday and freebilly puts them at #1. Rankings relect a season's worth of work, not a weekend. Congrats to the LM, but can someone with a fully-functional brain please take over the rankings? :roll: :roll: :!:

Sorry, I meant reflect, not relect! I hate typos. :lol:
texmex45

by NorCalKnowItAll » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Ok, first of all like I said before there are only a handful of teams worth mentioning. I hate making a list with rankings because these teams can battle it out weekly with different winners. But you asked for it texmex.

1. Breeze 02
2. Universal fastpitch
3. Nevada Stealth
4. Breeze 03
5. Nor Cal firecrackers
6. Lady Magic
7. Grapettes (RG)
8. Cen Cal DD (Davis)

I'm sorry but this is all I got. The rest of the teams in freebillys list are just not strong enough. Yes Calvos monarchs team played well and his little pitcher got stealth to hit alot of ground balls, but if they faced stealth 10 times they might get 2 wins. The biggest surprise of the weekend was lady magics pitcher. She kept the big bats of universal off balance and had their speedy slappers grounding into outs. Their infield made no errors. And that's what got them that win. This tournament was not as strong as it could have been. You throw both Breeze teams and the firecrackers 02 along with grapettes Guevara and now it's much more interesting. Sorry little Suzy if your teams not on my list. I'd really like to see these teams host some Friendly's and really get after it.
NorCalKnowItAll

by texmex45 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 pm

NorCalKnowItAll wrote:Ok, first of all like I said before there are only a handful of teams worth mentioning. I hate making a list with rankings because these teams can battle it out weekly with different winners. But you asked for it texmex.

1. Breeze 02
2. Universal fastpitch
3. Nevada Stealth
4. Breeze 03
5. Nor Cal firecrackers
6. Lady Magic
7. Grapettes (RG)
8. Cen Cal DD (Davis)

I'm sorry but this is all I got. The rest of the teams in freebillys list are just not strong enough. Yes Calvos monarchs team played well and his little pitcher got stealth to hit alot of ground balls, but if they faced stealth 10 times they might get 2 wins. The biggest surprise of the weekend was lady magics pitcher. She kept the big bats of universal off balance and had their speedy slappers grounding into outs. Their infield made no errors. And that's what got them that win. This tournament was not as strong as it could have been. You throw both Breeze teams and the firecrackers 02 along with grapettes Guevara and now it's much more interesting. Sorry little Suzy if your teams not on my list. I'd really like to see these teams host some Friendly's and really get after it.

Thanks NorCal....your brain is obviously firing on all cylinders. Not trying to be an a-hole here, but if freebilly is going to drop a turd on us every Monday morning, I would love to hear his/her justification and reasoning behind the "top 20." The bottom line is whether you put Universal 02 #1 or Breeze 02 #1, those are the teams to beat....period. It is possible that a few others will challenge for the top spot, and it will be fun to watch it unfold.
texmex45

by quietstorm02 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:09 pm

Congrats to Breeze 03 for their undefeated weekend in Lincoln. Their pitcher has always been a strong competitor, but she was on top of her game Sunday. Congrats also to West Coast Premier - that's a good group of folks right there. I think the top of the "list" looks ok, EXCEPT I don't know the OBS Monarchs and I would have Firecrackers, Grapettes, and CCDD Davis higher.

I know this question comes up every year, but since a handful of teams have sort of separated themselves from the field, should our local TDs make an effort to put those 4-5 teams into different pools in some of the April-May tournaments? I know that Metros has to be a blind draw, but for the other ones, couldn't teams potentially get a better tournament if at least the top teams were spread out in pool play? I'm not even saying to do it for all the tournaments, but the Wilson Trophy Challenge and Mother's Day Classic offer a good opportunity to at least try partially seeding now that everyone has had a chance to see most of the teams out there.
quietstorm02

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal