Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

ASA kick off predictions

by NorCalKnowItAll » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:11 pm

12u, and 14u predictions for this weekend ?
I can't believe there is so many 12u teams. Where did all come from? And of course the 01s. Who's gonna prevail amongst the best Nor Cal has to offer in the 14u division?
NorCalKnowItAll

by defense20 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Should be some good action amongst both the 14s, and some good older 12 teams.

I know that Foothill Gold, Firecrackers, and NorCal Valley Stompers had decent '01 teams in fall, Also saw a couple of them in Modesto a few weeks back. Not sure who else is fielding '01 teams vs those having young freshmen?
defense20

by bigballer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 pm

defense20 wrote:I know that Foothill Gold, Firecrackers, and NorCal Valley Stompers had decent '01 teams in fall

Kinda vague, which one of the 33 Firecrackers team are you talking about?
bigballer

by defense20 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

bigballer wrote:
defense20 wrote:I know that Foothill Gold, Firecrackers, and NorCal Valley Stompers had decent '01 teams in fall

Kinda vague, which one of the 33 Firecrackers team are you talking about?

Haha yeah bad wording. TBH I dont know which FC team it was. That being said I've never seen as many FC teams as I have seen this spring in NorCal?
defense20

by realtalk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:09 pm

ASA-kick off
I guess there was a lot of upsets in the 14U division. Kg on top seem to score a lot of runs and championship game look to be a shootout between KG and Storm
realtalk

by fansoftball » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:15 pm

realtalk wrote:ASA-kick off
I guess there was a lot of upsets in the 14U division. Kg on top seem to score a lot of runs and championship game look to be a shootout between KG and Storm

KG Boykins can hit. doesn't seem like much of an upset there. everything else looks like it went as expected.
fansoftball

by defense20 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm

The'01 Stompers team beat the KG-Boykin team in Stockton a few weeks ago, but seemed to be hit or miss at the plate this past weekend and didn't make it past the older Perez -Blanco Firecrackers in the lower bracket. I was thinking we'd see an all KG final as I thought the KG-Orchard team would make it to the final. The Salinas teams surprised me a bit as one of them went 0-3 in pool play, then run ruled every team in the lower bracket until losing final. I noticed quite a few team aces out of action early on Sunday. Still in early season form I suppose.

I guess we'll get a better idea of who's who at the Nor Cal's finest tourney at the end of the month.
defense20

by scoopingup » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 am

I see someone wanted give the Stompers some credit on saying they beat KG.
Friendlies are to work in, move players around and get ready for tournament play. Some coaches are out to win and some
are out to just say they beat a team. The season is just starting and there is a lot ball to be played. We head to
Salinas in a couple weeks to face So Cal and its interesting to see that a few teams on the Nor Cal teams list did not
perform well last weekend as 2 teams on the waiting list finished top 3.
I am sure teams will have their ups and downs. Overall the 14U group has a great group of talented teams.
scoopingup

by defense20 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 pm

scoopingup wrote:I see someone wanted give the Stompers some credit on saying they beat KG.
Friendlies are to work in, move players around and get ready for tournament play. Some coaches are out to win and some
are out to just say they beat a team. The season is just starting and there is a lot ball to be played. We head to
Salinas in a couple weeks to face So Cal and its interesting to see that a few teams on the Nor Cal teams list did not
perform well last weekend as 2 teams on the waiting list finished top 3.
I am sure teams will have their ups and downs. Overall the 14U group has a great group of talented teams.

Yeah I forgot that was a friendly tournament that I watched. Kept thinking it was sanctioned but forgot that it was only a warm up to the Spring Season. Wonder how the list will look after the season gets rolling. Along with what teams slide with High School teams being rostered.
defense20

Return to NorCal