Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

top 12u, 14u, 16u this fall

by outnlftfield » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:08 pm

for argument sake list the top 12u,14u and 16u teams this fall in Nor cal so far.
outnlftfield

by FullCount » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 pm

That question for 14's & 16's was pretty much answered last weekend

http://www.salinasstorm.org/event/pgf-n ... challenge/
FullCount

by Goldball4 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Yeah not really. Saturday was cancelled, and went into a blind draw I heard for bracket play. Coaches wanted to just play games out, but I guess they wanted some kind of winner. Kind of rinky dink is you ask me. There's always changes come summer tryouts anyways. People unhappy with whatever, and coaches unhappy with whatever. Talk about this subject in summer!
Goldball4

by Dozerdog » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 pm

FullCount wrote:That question for 14's & 16's was pretty much answered last weekend

http://www.salinasstorm.org/event/pgf-n ... challenge/

I don't believe all of the best teams where invited to this event. The bigger orgs where there but not all of the better teams. Just my opinion.
Dozerdog

by Bookend » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Just curious, would the Firecrackers be considered a "bigger organization"? Didn't see their name on the list.
Bookend

by Dozerdog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 am

I don't know if NorCal Firecrackers fits the bigger organization bill in NorCal yet, but they do have some pretty good teams in a few age groups.
Dozerdog

by onlooker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 am

I don't know if Nor Cal Firecrackers will ever be considered a Nor Cal org let alone a big org. When your "org" has around 10 commits and no one ever on a college roster in its entire history, there really isn't much "big" about it. I'm guessing the Big Org's in Nor Cal want nothing to do with helping them succeed up here as well, just a hunch, and im OK with that line of thinking. I also would speculate that the NCFC may not have even accepted an invite as a whole org.

This has nothing to do with the talent of the NCFC teams (16's are pretty dang good on a national scale is about as far as I would go, the others are just teams at this stage - not looking for a debate on each team!)
onlooker

by SeeBallHitBall » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:46 am

onlooker wrote:I don't know if Nor Cal Firecrackers will ever be considered a Nor Cal org let alone a big org. When your "org" has around 10 commits and no one ever on a college roster in its entire history, there really isn't much "big" about it. I'm guessing the Big Org's in Nor Cal want nothing to do with helping them succeed up here as well, just a hunch, and im OK with that line of thinking. I also would speculate that the NCFC may not have even accepted an invite as a whole org.

This has nothing to do with the talent of the NCFC teams (16's are pretty dang good on a national scale is about as far as I would go, the others are just teams at this stage - not looking for a debate on each team!)

It's an interesting point. I would guess they weren't invited. Do you extend the invite to Tony and he can pick and choose from each age group who to represent? Is there a point of contact for NCFC? No denying that there are some very solid 16's (Baisdon, Miller) and 14's. Are there 18's yet since the FC onrush north started a couple of years back? I suppose so but certainly easier to get one team per age group for those orgs that attended.

The three best "local" 16 teams that my oldest has faced this fall are Baisdon, Williams and Kiko and 2 of 3 were there. it's too bad the rain hit.

I am sure PGF is looking to make it an annual event and it will interesting to see which orgs are invited next year.
SeeBallHitBall

by FullCount » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Yep, Saturday games were rained out, and Sunday format still ended up being the same sort of single elimination deal you'll find on any other Championship Sunday. Really not surprised at the results for the teams that were there. So for argument's sake, it at least lends an answer to the initial question asked...
FullCount

Return to NorCal