Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Ok Norcal, I have a question.....

by onlooker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:31 am

izicsz wrote:
It is not about moving a team from another organization. It is about who is already going to be coaching there and how many DD's are going to shift from one place to another. As has already been mentioned by FBM, there will always be movement from one team to another after each season. However, there is a relationship factor between the two organizations that I have mentioned. Also, the probable coaching staff at USA is very well thought of in the area! I guess that I was assuming most of the local softball community might know what is planning on happening at USA........ I guess not! I will let everyone else catch up. Then, maybe, the conversation can continue.

Let me step out on a limb....

Probable Coaching will be a dad(s)
Probable Coaching staff will have 0 or less ties to college programs
Probable Coaching staff will not have some miracle draw of talent
Probable Coaching staff has no relationship and possibly has never heard of haning/hay
Unless Probable Coaching staff name is schroll........ as said earlier, its really not that interesting at all.
onlooker

by izicsz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 am

onlooker wrote:
izicsz wrote:
It is not about moving a team from another organization. It is about who is already going to be coaching there and how many DD's are going to shift from one place to another. As has already been mentioned by FBM, there will always be movement from one team to another after each season. However, there is a relationship factor between the two organizations that I have mentioned. Also, the probable coaching staff at USA is very well thought of in the area! I guess that I was assuming most of the local softball community might know what is planning on happening at USA........ I guess not! I will let everyone else catch up. Then, maybe, the conversation can continue.

Let me step out on a limb....

Probable Coaching staff has no relationship and possibly has never heard of haning/hay
Unless Probable Coaching staff name is schroll........ as said earlier, its really not that interesting at all.

Onlooker,

I am just talking about two local organizations at the 12U level.

Will Not!

Will Have more than 0!

Might Have! Miracles do not come easy!!

This is not Socal! And yes, I am sure they have heard of them! Relationship, probably not!

Unless Probable Coaching staff name is schroll........ as said earlier, its really not that interesting at all.[/quote]
This has nothing to do with the Sorcerers! Lot's of respect for Coach Schroll!

Onlooker. You are totally blowing this out of proportion!! Keep in mind, this is local. How about East Contra Costa County local. Also, if this topic is not interesting to you at all, you are free and highly encouraged not to post another response!!
izicsz

by noncrazynorcal » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 am

izicsz wrote: You are totally blowing this out of proportion!!

:shock:

:lol:
noncrazynorcal

by izicsz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:17 pm

OK. I will give you two names and see if you can put together why I asked the original question.

KG Hitters: Kiko Garcia

USA Fastpitch: Martin Garcia (aka Coach P)

8-)
izicsz

by fansoftball » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 pm

jtat32 wrote:
izicsz wrote:I totally agree with what has been posted so far. However, there is another component involved here. There is a reason why I mentioned both of these organizations/groups specifically! Dig a little deeper Norcal..........

Your initial inference was obvious. - its just not that interesting..

all this to point out that KG is having early tryouts, so they can beat Martin to the punch with some 12U players???? I'm gonna go out on limb and say Martin is not too worried about it
fansoftball

by guero_gordo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 pm

izicsz wrote:
guero_gordo wrote:Typically KG schedules a week ahead of Sorcerer. I don't think they ever took notice of Shockers, so seems a stretch they'd take much interest in whatever else comes out of USA.
All the org's play with dates, it's just another flavor of BS we all deal with.

The Sorcerers do not have a 12U team! I did not refer to the Shockers in any way. Let's try USA Fastpitch....... :idea:

It's good you had an idea, don't hurt yourself trying to have another.
Abandon all reason ye who enter here...
guero_gordo

by izicsz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:36 am

fansoftball wrote:
jtat32 wrote:
izicsz wrote:I totally agree with what has been posted so far. However, there is another component involved here. There is a reason why I mentioned both of these organizations/groups specifically! Dig a little deeper Norcal..........

all this to point out that KG is having early tryouts, so they can beat Martin to the punch with some 12U players???? I'm gonna go out on limb and say Martin is not too worried about it

Let me start off by saying what an afternoon and evening it was. I had the pleasure of watching my DD's final practice before this weekends tournament! I do not get to do that very often. I am usually busy working to pay for all of this. Do not get me wrong, it is worth it!! I then had the pleasure of having dinner with her while able to watch the Giants win the pennant on Ishikawa's walk off home run!! What a great evening!!!!!!

Back to the topic at hand......
Once again, I never said that Coach P or KG had anything to worry about. They both will attract their fair share of quality players. I questioned the fact that KG announced their tryouts for 12U earlier than usual. I know for a fact, that in the past few years, KG always holds tryouts in early December for all age groups. The point was made that KG was holding their 12U tryouts in early November possibly due to their 12U teams completing the fall season the first weekend of November. Logical explanation! However, knowing that Coach P is involved with starting a new organization and confirming that they will start off next year with a 12U team, I found it to be somewhat curious as to the reason why KG decided to hold their 12U tryouts a month earlier than they have in the past.
Now, my DD has been attending Coach P's weekly infielders clinic at USA in Martinez. There are many girls from different teams that have been attending the clinic. Coach P's clinic is very well run and has helped out all of the girls in attendance! He instills a great work ethic and has a very infectious love for the game!! Being that my DD has never been coached by Coach P, it has been quite refreshing for her to be able to observe and be around other girls that have! She is not only learning from Coach P. ,but, I think practicing with girls that are older and better than she is has made her a better player in the few short weeks that she has been attending.
With that said, I noticed players in attendance at the weekly clinic that I know play for KG. My thought about the early KG tryout was to find out player's loyalty to one group or another. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually might have something credible to say or might actually have an intelligent comment whether I am right or wrong. The first two reply's to my original question where very valid. Then, the usual "Bucketeers" chimed in. I shouldn't be so surprised, right? :o
izicsz

by Foul Ball Magnet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Now, my DD has been attending Coach P's weekly infielders clinic at USA in Martinez. There are many girls from different teams that have been attending the clinic. Coach P's clinic is very well run and has helped out all of the girls in attendance! He instills a great work ethic and has a very infectious love for the game!! Being that my DD has never been coached by Coach P, it has been quite refreshing for her to be able to observe and be around other girls that have! She is not only learning from Coach P. ,but, I think practicing with girls that are older and better than she is has made her a better player in the few short weeks that she has been attending.
With that said, I noticed players in attendance at the weekly clinic that I know play for KG. My thought about the early KG tryout was to find out player's loyalty to one group or another.

If you would have just posted this "fact" in your very first post, we could have avoided all the beating around the bushes.

So izicsz, you obviously have a mancrush on Coach P and that is totally fine. He is a good coach (one of the few in East Coco County), runs good clinics and will most likely have success with this Universal Sports Academy program at whatever level he ends up coaching. I am happy that he has fired up your DD and improved her game... that is a great thing. Coach P has had success in the past but remember he also had some studs on his KG teams, namely the Blair sisters so some of it was having great talent at the right time.

As far as loyalty... there is none in the higher level programs. If players or coaches jump from KG or any of the other top orgs to this new USA program this spring, I am sure they have a good reason to do so (not enough playing time or my favorite reason "The grass is always greener at the next organization").

For the top NorCal programs, I don't think having this Universal Sports Academy program start up teams is even going to be an issue. Some talent will go there.. most likely #2 and #3 pitchers that think they should be #1's. If anything, this will create opportunities for girls that are maybe stuck on lower tier teams and are good athletes or coachable to become better players with the better organizations. As far as KG scheduling their tryouts in early November, well, I am sure it was done to try and secure the top talent. I cannot knock that reasoning.

This whole thing kind of reminds me when Corey Reid left Grappettes and established the Monarchs. Seems both of those programs are doing just fine and having success. Good luck to Universal Academy.. hope they are able to create another top-tier NorCal program and maybe a couple of the crappy ones will fade away... until the next pissed off Dad creates his own team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foul Ball Magnet

by noncrazynorcal » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:42 pm

izicsz wrote:
fansoftball wrote:
jtat32 wrote:

Let me start off by saying what an afternoon and evening it was. I had the pleasure of watching my DD's final practice before this weekends tournament! I do not get to do that very often. I am usually busy working to pay for all of this. Do not get me wrong, it is worth it!! I then had the pleasure of having dinner with her while able to watch the Giants win the pennant on Ishikawa's walk off home run!! What a great evening!!!!!!

Back to the topic at hand......
Once again, I never said that Coach P or KG had anything to worry about. They both will attract their fair share of quality players. I questioned the fact that KG announced their tryouts for 12U earlier than usual. I know for a fact, that in the past few years, KG always holds tryouts in early December for all age groups. The point was made that KG was holding their 12U tryouts in early November possibly due to their 12U teams completing the fall season the first weekend of November. Logical explanation! However, knowing that Coach P is involved with starting a new organization and confirming that they will start off next year with a 12U team, I found it to be somewhat curious as to the reason why KG decided to hold their 12U tryouts a month earlier than they have in the past.
With that said, I noticed players in attendance at the weekly clinic that I know play for KG. My thought about the early KG tryout was to find out player's loyalty to one group or another. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually might have something credible to say or might actually have an intelligent comment whether I am right or wrong. The first two reply's to my original question where very valid. Then, the usual "Bucketeers" chimed in. I shouldn't be so surprised, right? :o

I don't like to call anonymous people out on the Bucket, but since you've called out the 'Bucketeers', let's cut to the chase. You're bitter with KG. Maybe your DD played for them in the past or maybe she never made one of their teams, but either way, you've got something against them and you want to see some dirt shoveled their way on this site.

Why not just be happy that your DD is in a place now where she's getting good coaching and maybe now has a chance to make a well-coached team? Instead of getting on HeyBucket and trying to create drama around a team that has not even been formed yet, the best thing you can do for her is to get out of her way and allow her to continue developing her skills in a positive setting.
noncrazynorcal

by izicsz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Then, the usual "Bucketeers" chimed in. I shouldn't be so surprised, right? :o

NCN wrote:

"I don't like to call anonymous people out on the Bucket, but since you've called out the 'Bucketeers', let's cut to the chase. You're bitter with KG. Maybe your DD played for them in the past or maybe she never made one of their teams, but either way, you've got something against them and you want to see some dirt shoveled their way on this site.

Why not just be happy that your DD is in a place now where she's getting good coaching and maybe now has a chance to make a well-coached team? Instead of getting on HeyBucket and trying to create drama around a team that has not even been formed yet, the best thing you can do for her is to get out of her way and allow her to continue developing her skills in a positive setting."

NCN,

I have absolutely nothing against KG Hitters! Actually, if you would pay attention to my original post, you would understand that I was actually seeking out tryout dates for 12U teams for next year. This last year, my daughter played 10U in Sacramento. As we all grow older, the player and parent tend to have more daily obligations. I made the decision that we just cannot commit the time to drive to Sacramento 3 times a week for practice! So, being from the bay area (North), I decided to seek out teams to tryout for next year that are a bit more local. In doing my due diligence, I just put some of the pieces together from different sources that I have listed thus far. You are right in suggesting that I find a place that my daughter would be happy and would get good playing time. I am not looking for a place that would be suffering from too much drama. Each team has their fair share of drama........ Just not looking for too much!!

I think NCN has been watching too much of the TV show, "Criminal Minds"! I think he believes himself to be Aaron Hotchner and actually tried to profile me........ "You're bitter with KG. Maybe your DD played for them in the past or maybe she never made one of their teams, but either way, you've got something against them and you want to see some dirt shoveled their way on this site."
WOW!!

Oh, another thing NCN, I am not an anonymous person. I do not hide behind a clever username/avatar. I use my actual name as my username. You can call me Mr. Izicsz!!!!!!
izicsz

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal