Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Ok Norcal, I have a question.....

by izicsz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:15 pm

KG Hitters has already announced tryout dates for spring/summer 2015. I was a bit surprised to see the 12U tryout dates are going to be Nov. 8th and 9th. Man, that is pretty early! Usually, tryouts are the first 2 weeks in December. The early dates selected for 12U tryouts would not have anything to do with the new team(s) starting up at the Universal Sports Academy in Martinez. would it??? Your thoughts?????
izicsz

by onlooker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:58 pm

izicsz wrote:KG Hitters has already announced tryout dates for spring/summer 2015. I was a bit surprised to see the 12U tryout dates are going to be Nov. 8th and 9th. Man, that is pretty early! Usually, tryouts are the first 2 weeks in December. The early dates selected for 12U tryouts would not have anything to do with the new team(s) starting up at the Universal Sports Academy in Martinez. would it??? Your thoughts?????

Pure speculation:
I would speculate that the fall season for the 12U is ending the last weekend in October or first weekend in November. Either that or no more so cal trips/showcases after Nov 1/2. Hence they may as well start tryouts (maybe open practices more appropriately). At this age more than any the unknown talent they can get to the table the better off they will be come gametime. It's like an open duck season all year.

I would speculate that the fall season for the 14U and older teams will conclude their season either at the pre-thanksgiving Surf City or The Brenda Marsh Nov 28-30. At this level, there aren't too many unknowns.

I think you are right that November seems early, but not so bad in the landscape of 12U or 10U. December seems right for the older teams.
onlooker

by Foul Ball Magnet » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:28 pm

I am pretty sure that most of the other org's will start posting their tryout dates now. Usually all it takes is one of the "top organizations" to put some dates out and all of the rest will start falling in with their dates like dominoes.

The Halloween tourney is the "traditional" final tourney for MOST of the 10U and 12U teams so I can totally understand going with those tryouts in early November. Also, I am sure org's are looking for "diamonds in the rough" trying to find coachable girls that may otherwise sign up for rec ball or commit to some of the really crappy travel teams that seem to frequent Freedom Park or Rainbow Fields.

Seems to me that the older 14U - 18U teams are pretty much set with their core players and just do a couple cursory tryouts in December to try and pick-up any good free agent talent from the various "org jumpers" that either did not mesh with their coaches or teams in Fall, did not get enough playing time (in their mind) or are coming from some of the imploding dysfunctional teams that always seem to pop up this time of year.

Anybody want to bet that someone will be posting tryouts for November 1st - 2nd weekend?? I am sure there must be at least one organization that will do it.
Foul Ball Magnet

by izicsz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 pm

I totally agree with what has been posted so far. However, there is another component involved here. There is a reason why I mentioned both of these organizations/groups specifically! Dig a little deeper Norcal..........
izicsz

by jtat32 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 pm

izicsz wrote:I totally agree with what has been posted so far. However, there is another component involved here. There is a reason why I mentioned both of these organizations/groups specifically! Dig a little deeper Norcal..........

Your initial inference was obvious. - its just not that interesting..
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by guero_gordo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Typically KG schedules a week ahead of Sorcerer. I don't think they ever took notice of Shockers, so seems a stretch they'd take much interest in whatever else comes out of USA.
All the org's play with dates, it's just another flavor of BS we all deal with.
Abandon all reason ye who enter here...
guero_gordo

by tbjd33 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Just be glad it's not SoCal. We finished in Aug. Didn't waste any time.
tbjd33

by izicsz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm

jtat32 wrote:
izicsz wrote:I totally agree with what has been posted so far. However, there is another component involved here. There is a reason why I mentioned both of these organizations/groups specifically! Dig a little deeper Norcal..........

I believe it to be very interesting! Remember, I am talking about 12U only!! :roll:

guero_gordo wrote:Typically KG schedules a week ahead of Sorcerer. I don't think they ever took notice of Shockers, so seems a stretch they'd take much interest in whatever else comes out of USA.
All the org's play with dates, it's just another flavor of BS we all deal with.

The Sorcerers do not have a 12U team! I did not refer to the Shockers in any way. Let's try USA Fastpitch....... :idea:
izicsz

by noncrazynorcal » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:24 am

izicsz wrote:
jtat32 wrote:

I believe it to be very interesting! Remember, I am talking about 12U only!! :roll:

Thankfully your thread has gone in a more informational direction, but as jtat32 already told you, what you suggested wasn't interesting at all. It's clear you want USA to be relevant to the conversation, but unless you have information about coaches who are planning to move their existing teams to USA, there's nothing to talk about yet.
noncrazynorcal

by izicsz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

noncrazynorcal wrote:
izicsz wrote:
jtat32 wrote:

Thankfully your thread has gone in a more informational direction, but as jtat32 already told you, what you suggested wasn't interesting at all. It's clear you want USA to be relevant to the conversation, but unless you have information about coaches who are planning to move their existing teams to USA, there's nothing to talk about yet.

NCN,

It is not about moving a team from another organization. It is about who is already going to be coaching there and how many DD's are going to shift from one place to another. As has already been mentioned by FBM, there will always be movement from one team to another after each season. However, there is a relationship factor between the two organizations that I have mentioned. Also, the probable coaching staff at USA is very well thought of in the area! I guess that I was assuming most of the local softball community might know what is planning on happening at USA........ I guess not! I will let everyone else catch up. Then, maybe, the conversation can continue.
izicsz

Next

Return to NorCal