Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Congratulations Napa Envy Gold 14U!

by speechash1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:02 pm

MochaMike wrote:Thanks for posting up... Interesting that you joined today to make your first post.

***I just joined because up until this point in time I was happy just reading other people's posts and didn't feel the need to comment. Once you posted about our team with some incorrect info, I felt it appropriate to respond back and set some things straight.

May I ask how you found out about this thread?

***A parent was surfing the web the other day and came across your post.

Can you answer the questions about posted by others regarding the 21-0 victory stats?

*** I'm honestly not sure what you are referring to

Next, I heard from through the rumorville that your team was initially supposed to play in a different tournament but it was cancelled so you were a last minute sign up for the Napa/Suisun tourney... Is this true?

***That is not true, I make the hotel room blocks for all of our tourneys at the beginning of each season and this past weekend I did not make any reservations because we were due to be in Napa- we never cancelled from another tourney. You have incorrect information.

As for your daughter being 12, good for her.... I remember her because many of the other girls were over 5'5 & built like bricks. However, she is playing up & on a good "A" team.

***Thank-you, she has put in a lot of hard work and time, is naturally gifted and has had some great coaches.

Don't you think it was a waste of your time to be there?

***I have mixed feelings, part of me feels yes and part of me thinks that is was nice to stay somewhat local, but still have our girls play. My daughter had fun, that's really all that counts :)

As for the 9-3 game Saturday, that was against the Windsor Wicked, who is actually one of the better B tourney teams in the area...... (won several tourneys during the summer), I was surprised when I saw the 9-3 posting.....

***We had a bad start, but pulled it together.

As for the Chico A's... they had a good 1+ hour break before the game with the Envy.... Envy played 3 back to back, and I imagine scoring 30+ runs in 3 hours is tiring.

***The Chico aces had a really effective pitcher and we kept hitting the ball to their third baseman who was also quite good. We didn't have any base runners until the 3rd inning I believe. The Aces played good ball.

As for the Colorado comment she was rather frustrated (rightfully so) & I actually repremanded that parent & asked her to take the high road.

***no comment

For the record, our team has not even been together for a year. Some girls took and break from last season and we added a few new players for Fall. They are still learning how to play together as a team and still have a lot to learn. Our team has it's ups and downs like any other team. We could care less about the trophy in the end, they just want to play softball.
speechash1

by tbjd33 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:28 pm

jtat32 wrote:
MochaMike wrote:The games were played in Suisun, not Napa..

But they still got to play in Whine Country!

Ha ha ha ha... LOL!

I've read and been apart of a few ridiculous treads... This is the cherry for me!

These people are serious... That's what makes me LOL...
tbjd33

by Old man softball » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:00 pm

This is really entertaining!! If I got on here and complained every time my kids team got there butt whooped by a better team my thumbs would be bleeding. :lol:
Old man softball

by Fly Out » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Did you say .Envy Gold and Chico Aces?

And to think I wanted to play Corona Angels and So Cal Athletics on my next trip south. I wish someone had let me know we had true powerhouse teams playing at DF!!!

I am trying to place this Envy Gold you speak of, do they wear one blue sock, one gold sock?? For some reason this powerhouse A team is not ringing a bell.

Perhaps it would help if they added Elite to the end of their name to warn others of the ass whooping that is to come!!!
Fly Out

by rbi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 pm

MochaMike wrote:For winning (I assume) the 14U Bracket this past weekend in the Napa/Suisun DF Tourney.

http://www.dfsoftball.com/2014%20Tourna ... 0Napa.html

The girls played well & the coaches were polite....

Saturday game summaries: (from memory)
16-2
9-3
12-0

Sunday
21-0 (Top of the first inning was over 65 minutes long)
12-0
? Championship game

The only issue was they are talent "A" program, who played in a "B" only tournament.
The girls looked rather bored.

Now, I may sound like a sore loser paren (well, technically I guess I am), but why would Coaches decide play in a Tourney several levels beneath their players ability?

My daughter was the team that was 16-2 Sat & 12-0 on Sunday.... (Sunday it was 3 up, 3 down every inning, with the exception of the 1st inning where my daughter was walked).
The umpires were really nice though & let our #11 batter bat at the end of the 3rd inning as a 4th out.
The other 8 teams in the tourney all played well, were talented and all would have had a chance to possibly make it to the championship game... That is, if a powerhouse team like this wasn't there.

Stay Classy Envy Gold.

This is the same team that "The Envy Gold 14-and-under girls fastpitch softball team played in the ASA NorCal Championship qualifier tournament last weekend in Vacaville and finished in second place." (losing to 14U KG Hitters) & went on to play in Colorado this past summer.
http://napavalleyregister.com/sports/en ... 1f84a.html

https://gc.com/t/spring-2014/envy-gold- ... 3173000150

http://www.triplecrownsports.com/showte ... mid=125256

Mocha, this sort of thing happens quite often in the beautiful softball world but, usually parents just go home with their tail between their legs and go to work on Monday. You took it to another level with your post, which i guess is your right but, sure in the heck doesnt make you look real intelligent.
I really wish this was the biggest problem i had when it comes to softball, and i dont think im on a island by myself.
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to NorCal