Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

BAY AREA SHOWCASE....

by OverTheFence » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 am

Anyone have any scores? Unless I am missing something, I see no place where the scores are listed.
OverTheFence

by jtat32 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 am

OverTheFence wrote:Anyone have any scores? Unless I am missing something, I see no place where the scores are listed.

Showcases don't typically post scores.
jtat32
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OverTheFence » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I figured so, but would be nice to know...just for entertainment's sake :)
OverTheFence

by NumeroUno » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:29 pm

I would like to see scores also thats one of the things I love about Triple Crown they post all scores

Surf City in Huntinton Beach has started posting some scores if coaches turn them in
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by kl43dad » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Scary moment today at Bay Area Showcase, during our final game against Lady Hustle one of our Silverstreak 18G pitchers took a hard line drive to the face. She left the field via ambulance but we are happy to report she is in pretty good shape overall. A few small fractures to the face, a swollen eye, some stitches and a headache but she is being released from the hospital and heading home with a smile on her face.

Thank you the the Bears, Roseville Heat, All American, Sting and Lady hustle representatives who stepped in to lend a hand while waiting for EMT's to arrive.
kl43dad

by Foul Ball Magnet » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Scary moment today at Bay Area Showcase, during our final game against Lady Hustle one of our Silverstreak 18G pitchers took a hard line drive to the face. She left the field via ambulance but we are happy to report she is in pretty good shape overall. A few small fractures to the face, a swollen eye, some stitches and a headache but she is being released from the hospital and heading home with a smile on her face.

I am so glad that your pitcher is in alright shape considering how much worse it could have been.

I was in the bleachers over on the next field and didn't see it happen but word spread fast and it really looked like a bad situation. She was down on the ground for a long time and I will say kudos to whoever was over there helping her out by keeping her immobilized until the EMT's got there. Did she partially deflect the ball off her glove or was a straight on hit? Prayers go out to her for a speedy recovery.

I know their is still that stigma with some of the old-school about wearing masks but if my DD was a pitcher at that level, I would strongly encourage her to wear one.

As far as the showcase itself, I thought it was alright. Saw some pretty good games as I wandered around during our team breaks. Of course my picky DD complained to me about them not dragging the infields but I guess that is just an infielder thing. Probably my biggest complaints of the weekend were the astronomical snack bar prices and the Twin Creeks gate gestapo guards. Geez, some of those guys were assholes. Not sure how many colleges showed up but I did see quite a few coaches / scouts wandering around over the weekend.
Foul Ball Magnet

by fansoftball » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 pm

couple observations from this weekend...

concur on the gate nazi's...those guys were jerks

not a ton of colleges, but decent for a norcal event.

great weather

usual suspects looked good as always....
fansoftball

by Goldball4 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 am

The only bad thing about this tournament was the gate fees. But besides that the San Jose Stingthrew a great tournament once again.

Not sure what a ton of college coaches looks like, but at least 40 that I counted were there. The best thing about it, 12 fields all at one location. Coaches had to walk maybe 2 football fields long to see whoever they wanted.

Some of the schools I saw: Alabama, Lsu, Fresno St., Northridge, cal poly, cal, stanford, nevada reno, oregon st, pacific, sac st, monterey bay, sf state, san jose st, uc davis, emory, mit, hamilton, boise st, academy of arts, santa clara, boise st, andvthat was just around our fields.

Anyways we'll be back again next year!
Goldball4

by rbi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Great site, great weather, lots of coachs, great beverage area, unsafe field condtions
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by catchers_rock » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:06 pm

[Scary moment today at Bay Area Showcase, during our final game against Lady Hustle one of our Silverstreak 18G pitchers took a hard line drive to the face. She left the field via ambulance but we are happy to report she is in pretty good shape overall. A few small fractures to the face, a swollen eye, some stitches and a headache but she is being released from the hospital and heading home with a smile on her face. uote][/quote]

so glad she will be ok. I was on the next field over.It just reminded me of how hard these girls play. thank you for updating us on her as she was in my thoughts this week.
as for the event. I thought it was good, didnt have any issues with the back gate. Good event overall.
catchers_rock

Return to NorCal