Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Top 12u Teams for fall

by Dozerdog » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm

I love the logic of a ranking being based on a team being together for a season. I could be wrong but I was told by some friends that the Breeze 02 lost some girls and some of the early struggles where caused by the girls getting used to playing together.
Dozerdog

by HangingCurve » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

playeradvocate1 wrote:Here's an update on rankings going into this weekend:

1. Breeze 02 Most of this team has been together for a season. strong pitching.
2. KG Hitters 02 A very strong team that should be #1 but performance under par thus far.
3. Grapettes This team came out of nowhere to win last weekend. Well coached team.
4. Firecrackers 02 #1 pitcher throws hard. Without her an average team. Cant seem to win big games.
5. Breeze 03 #1 pitcher has a change up that throws the good hitters off. Nothing great here.
6. KG Hitters 03 Seem to be streaky. They played well a couple weeks ago. Small ball team.
7. Team Ca 02 A new team. Keep an eye on them. Good hitting.
8. Hype Showing improvement.
9. Smackers Have beat some good teams.
10. West Sac Attack Played well past weekend.

* Central Valley teams left off.

I love the bucket and posters like playeradvocate1 with their 'unbiased' views :lol:

Breeze 02 - have not been together for very long. They still are one of the top 3 teams despite
- losing their #1 hitter and pitcher to the 01 Breeze
- losing a few players to the Lady Magic
- losing 3 players that were suckered into going to Team CA :lol:

KG Hitters 02 - won the opening fall ASA tournament going undefeated, and has a strong all around team. "Performance under par"? BS. Under par relative to what, winning every single tournament? These guys are a top 5 team. Jealous much?

Grapettes - this team didn't come out of nowhere if you knew what you were talking about. They competed well down south, beat the Breeze 02 a few weeks ago and won again this past weekend.

Firecrackers 02 - won back to back ASA tournaments. Please explain how that equates to not winning "big games." And the last time I checked, you have to have good hitting and fielding in addition to a #1 pitcher, which they have. "Average" teams don't win tournaments. Jealous much?

Breeze 03 - have competed well in every tournament they have entered. Being a first year 12u team that can compete with the top teams says a lot about this team. Nice "nothing great here" comment with zero basis.

KG Hitters 03 - seem to be streaky..wha??? They had an extremely generous bracket in one tournament (facing Team CA) and then got blown away by the Breeze 02. I think they did win a game or 2 on Sunday in a USSSA tournament last month. I don't see them in a top 10 discussion, but they are a first year 12u team and are hanging in there.

Team CA - a "new" team...comprised primarily of ex-Roseville Heat and Breeze 02 players. You can't keep an eye on them because they're out early every Sunday. How can they even be considered in the top 10 when they have done nothing against anyone locally? Oh wait...could it be because you're associated with this team? :shock:

Smackers - good all-around, competitive team. Solid hitting/fielding/pitching/coaching.

Hype/West Sac Attack - one decent weekend does not a season make, but Hype do seem to be competing.

Based on "performance" this season, here's an accurate list of the top 12U teams in NorCal. My bias is that my opinion is based on actually having seen all of these teams listed play this fall.

1. Breeze 02
2. Firecrackers 02
3. Grapettes
4. KG Hitters 02
5. Breeze 03

6-10 can be picked from an assorted group of teams that include the NorCal Smackers, Lady Magic 02, Foothill Gold 02, Hype, Cen Cal Dirt Dogs 02, West Sac Attack. *Central Valley teams left in.

11 and beyond? Ok, ok...just so that people can say their team was mentioned in a heybucket "top teams" list...Drop Zone, Team CA (keep an eye out for them!), AASA-Norwood, either All-American Mizuno 12u team, LTG, Lady Hustle, Fresno Force, Lady Venom. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by leaving their team out :|
HangingCurve

by softballmomma#1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 pm

HangingCurve wrote:
playeradvocate1 wrote:Here's an update on rankings going into this weekend:

1. Breeze 02 Most of this team has been together for a season. strong pitching.
2. KG Hitters 02 A very strong team that should be #1 but performance under par thus far.
3. Grapettes This team came out of nowhere to win last weekend. Well coached team.
4. Firecrackers 02 #1 pitcher throws hard. Without her an average team. Cant seem to win big games.
5. Breeze 03 #1 pitcher has a change up that throws the good hitters off. Nothing great here.
6. KG Hitters 03 Seem to be streaky. They played well a couple weeks ago. Small ball team.
7. Team Ca 02 A new team. Keep an eye on them. Good hitting.
8. Hype Showing improvement.
9. Smackers Have beat some good teams.
10. West Sac Attack Played well past weekend.

* Central Valley teams left off.

I love the bucket and posters like playeradvocate1 with their 'unbiased' views :lol:

Breeze 02 - have not been together for very long. They still are one of the top 3 teams despite
- losing their #1 hitter and pitcher to the 01 Breeze
- losing a few players to the Lady Magic
- losing 3 players that were suckered into going to Team CA :lol:

KG Hitters 02 - won the opening fall ASA tournament going undefeated, and has a strong all around team. "Performance under par"? BS. Under par relative to what, winning every single tournament? These guys are a top 5 team. Jealous much?

Grapettes - this team didn't come out of nowhere if you knew what you were talking about. They competed well down south, beat the Breeze 02 a few weeks ago and won again this past weekend.

Firecrackers 02 - won back to back ASA tournaments. Please explain how that equates to not winning "big games." And the last time I checked, you have to have good hitting and fielding in addition to a #1 pitcher, which they have. "Average" teams don't win tournaments. Jealous much?

Breeze 03 - have competed well in every tournament they have entered. Being a first year 12u team that can compete with the top teams says a lot about this team. Nice "nothing great here" comment with zero basis.

KG Hitters 03 - seem to be streaky..wha??? They had an extremely generous bracket in one tournament (facing Team CA) and then got blown away by the Breeze 02. I think they did win a game or 2 on Sunday in a USSSA tournament last month. I don't see them in a top 10 discussion, but they are a first year 12u team and are hanging in there.

Team CA - a "new" team...comprised primarily of ex-Roseville Heat and Breeze 02 players. You can't keep an eye on them because they're out early every Sunday. How can they even be considered in the top 10 when they have done nothing against anyone locally? Oh wait...could it be because you're associated with this team? :shock:

Smackers - good all-around, competitive team. Solid hitting/fielding/pitching/coaching.

Hype/West Sac Attack - one decent weekend does not a season make, but Hype do seem to be competing.

Based on "performance" this season, here's an accurate list of the top 12U teams in NorCal. My bias is that my opinion is based on actually having seen all of these teams listed play this fall.

1. Breeze 02
2. Firecrackers 02
3. Grapettes
4. KG Hitters 02
5. Breeze 03

6-10 can be picked from an assorted group of teams that include the NorCal Smackers, Lady Magic 02, Foothill Gold 02, Hype, Cen Cal Dirt Dogs 02, West Sac Attack. *Central Valley teams left in.

11 and beyond? Ok, ok...just so that people can say their team was mentioned in a heybucket "top teams" list...Drop Zone, Team CA (keep an eye out for them!), AASA-Norwood, either All-American Mizuno 12u team, LTG, Lady Hustle, Fresno Force, Lady Venom. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings by leaving their team out :|

Well said... 100% agree
softballmomma#1

by HangingCurve » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Rankings updated based on this weekend's tournaments:

1. NorCal Firecrackers 02 - beat Lady Magic in extra innings in championship game this weekend. This team has 3 tourney wins this fall. Strong #1 pitcher and lineup is deep with solid bats 1-9.
2. Grapettes - won again this weekend down in Stockton. Good hitting, good pitching. Would be nice to see them compete more with the teams from Sac.
3. Breeze 02 - lost to Firecrackers 02 in first game on Sunday. Aside from that, have consistently competed all season.
4. KG Hitters 02 - did not play this weekend. Strong #1 pitcher. Will they be around in the spring?
5. Breeze 03 - have had a lot of success for a first year 12u team and can give anyone in the top 3 a run for their money. Watch out for these guys in the spring.

6-10 - any of these teams warrant discussion to be included in the bottom half of the top 10 this season:
Lady Magic, Smackers, Dirt Dogs 02, Foothill Gold 02, West Sac Attack, Hype, Team CA, LTG

ASA fall tournaments are done, but it looks a few teams are traveling down south in the upcoming weeks. Good luck to all!
HangingCurve

by izicsz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm

HangingCurve wrote:Rankings updated based on this weekend's tournaments:

1. NorCal Firecrackers 02 - beat Lady Magic in extra innings in championship game this weekend. This team has 3 tourney wins this fall. Strong #1 pitcher and lineup is deep with solid bats 1-9.
2. Grapettes - won again this weekend down in Stockton. Good hitting, good pitching. Would be nice to see them compete more with the teams from Sac.
3. Breeze 02 - lost to Firecrackers 02 in first game on Sunday. Aside from that, have consistently competed all season.
4. KG Hitters 02 - did not play this weekend. Strong #1 pitcher. Will they be around in the spring?
5. Breeze 03 - have had a lot of success for a first year 12u team and can give anyone in the top 3 a run for their money. Watch out for these guys in the spring.

6-10 - any of these teams warrant discussion to be included in the bottom half of the top 10 this season:
Lady Magic, Smackers, Dirt Dogs 02, Foothill Gold 02, West Sac Attack, Hype, Team CA, LTG

ASA fall tournaments are done, but it looks a few teams are traveling down south in the upcoming weeks. Good luck to all!

HC,

Just an update from my previous post, "Norcal, I have a question"

KG Hitters 02' is now USA Fastpitch 02'

KG Hitters 03' is now USA Fastpitch 03'

These 2 teams packed up everything and the front door and moved to USA Fastpitch. I guess Kiko pissed off too many people related to the 12U teams..... Who knows?

KG will be lucky to put a 12U team together....... Not too many showed up at their tryouts from what I heard.

There will be quite a bit of player movement over the winter. Always happens from fall to spring. Some new teams forming and some teams falling out of grace. That is how Norcal rolls..........
I think I can pitch the Norcal softball scene as a new reality series and make a few bucks.!!!
izicsz

by rbi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:47 am

Having been through this age group "pre" PGF, and when everyone who was anybody flew all over the country to play for a National Championship (156 teams all in Alabama dying of heat stroke), the top of the food chain remains the same for the same reason it did 6 yrs ago. We had from what i understand was highest finish of any 12u team from NorCal ever for ASA, 3rd place. We ran the table going all the way to semi's without a loss, (9 games in all before a loss including pool). Every kid on that team is either in there 1st yr or 2nd yr of D-1 college softball, including Big10, SEC and PAC12 and others. We had a stud #1 and dropped off from there, and we had legit hitters one thru nine and a hard core coaching staff, still wasnt enough. You wont find that anymore due to the flood of teams spreading the talent everywhere.

If you plan on challenging the best of the best and lasting thru a week long PGF, you better have two very strong pitchers and hitters who can really hit, and IMO the way things are going (new teams/org's forming every year, the gap is getting wider with us up in NorCal instead of shrinking. FWIW

Just curious, and Arto or Spaz can probably answer this, was that the ONLY Corona Angel team (eventual champ we lost to 2-1), at that point in time for 12u?
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:00 pm

rbi wrote:Just curious, and Arto or Spaz can probably answer this, was that the ONLY Corona Angel team (eventual champ we lost to 2-1), at that point in time for 12u?

No, Corona Angels 96 finished 13th. Org's often had a team for each birth year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by noncrazynorcal » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:42 am

izicsz wrote:Just an update from my previous post, "Norcal, I have a question"

These 2 teams packed up everything and the front door and moved to USA Fastpitch. I guess Kiko pissed off too many people related to the 12U teams..... Who knows?

KG will be lucky to put a 12U team together....... Not too many showed up at their tryouts from what I heard.

There will be quite a bit of player movement over the winter. Always happens from fall to spring. Some new teams forming and some teams falling out of grace. That is how Norcal rolls..........
I think I can pitch the Norcal softball scene as a new reality series and make a few bucks.!!!

Why didn't you post this update in the other thread you started?
noncrazynorcal

by izicsz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 am

noncrazynorcal wrote:
izicsz wrote:Just an update from my previous post, "Norcal, I have a question"

Why didn't you post this update in the other thread you started?
izicsz wrote:
HangingCurve wrote:Rankings updated based on this weekend's tournaments:

Just thought I could help answer the question. The other thread has run it's course....
izicsz

by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:27 pm

So has this thread.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to NorCal