Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

Lizzy Vaughn 12u Coach- AASA Future Stars

by peter holtz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Olympic Gold Medalist Jenny Topping Announces
Coach for 12U A Team in Sacramento

“Debbie Nelson and I are incredibly excited to name Lizzy Vaughn as our 12u Coach. Lizzy is an exceptional Division 1 Athlete and Scholar returning home from the College of Charleston where she received first-team All-CAA honors and was chosen as the CAA Defensive Player of the Year.” Vaughn was also a member of the NFCA All-Mid Atlantic Region third team after batting .369 with 20 extra base hits. Vaughn had a stellar .967 fielding percentage at shortstop this season and broke the College of Charleston career record for assists with 488. Lizzy was a standout at Union Mine High School where she played four years of softball, won the Sierra Valley Conference Championship her freshman year, was named All-SVC sophomore through senior years and set school records for highest batting average, on-base percentage, runs, hits, doubles, triples and stolen bases.

“Lizzy is another All American Sports Academy Alumnus that has had a record setting career in Division 1 softball” said Debbie Nelson, nationally recognized softball expert and owner of the All American Sports Academy. “When I think about having Jenny Topping, Lizzy Vaughn, and I working with a talented group of young ladies in the Sacramento area I get incredibly excited. There is no doubt we will produce an exceptional team.”

“I can not think of a finer mentors and coaches for your ladies who desire to play softball in college than Lizzy Vaughn and Jenny Topping and Debbie Nelson. To work with former D1 coaches, an Olympic Hall of Fame player, and Lizzy. That is very special. Few people really sit back and realize how much knowledge and talent Debbie Nelson and Jenny Topping have but adding an exceptional Coach and D1 player like Lizzy is phenomenal. This is a great example of the type of outstanding coaches that lead our players on the field and the reason why our results are exceptional.”

AASA FS is opening a new highly competitive 10u, 12u, 14u A teams in Sacramento, Brentwood, and the San Joaquin/Stanislaus Areas, In addition 8U, 10u, 12u, and 14u development teams are being formed. Interested Players should sign up for tryouts at aasafuturestars.com.
peter holtz
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SwingMan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:58 am

Can you please clarify on the Future Stars program vs your traditional organizational team? Sounds like you'll be fielding two sets of teams? And No Daddy coaches with AASA?
SwingMan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to NorCal