Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

NorCal

12u 00/01 Winter Watchlist by Louie UPDATED

by linedrivelouie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm

As I have said before. I will start this Thread by saying please remember these are 11 and 12 year old girls we are talking about, Please be respectful when talking about these teams. Rankings and predictions are simply one persons opinion, I do have a daughter who plays in this age group with friends on many of these teams.

We have a ton of talented players and teams in the area and they deserve credit for that. I have always and will always try to keep my opinions on teams unbiased and allow these teams play speak for themselves. I know many of you enjoy rankings, as long as we can keep things respectful I will continue to update rankings as often as possible.
Last edited by linedrivelouie on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
linedrivelouie

by linedrivelouie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:29 pm

With tryouts almost complete for many of the teams this is how I see things shaping up over the winter months. Being that I get a lot of my info direct from coaches during the season and from watching teams play I have some teams who I need a little help with. If I have anything incorrect or if you have any insight on teams and any key moves or lack there of it would be appreciated You can PM me if you wish or if you have the ability to keep it classy please post it for the world to see. Remember these are 12 yr olds and chances are you have one too. If I missed your team please let me know and we can add them to the watch list.

1.Grapettes K: Had a great Fall Season finished Strong in So Cal if the team has not changed much they will be the team to beat (why would you leave?)

2. Rocklin Hype: Kept entire roster intact no tryouts. Great fall season, Should hit the ground running. Raul always does a good job getting the girls ready to play.

3. Lady Magic: This is a bold move by both party's. I have listed this team in the top 5 based on the players on paper. This team should compete well however combining 2 teams is always difficult to make last with out imploding because of parents. Wish them the best.

4. Salinas Storm: I cant imagine many of these players left the team was pretty strong in fall and as I have said before James normally puts together strong teams.

5. CA Rapids: Big improvements in Fall. Only picked up a few, picked both catchers from Heat Cota up along with the starting 2b. This team should have improved.

6. Team CA: From the sounds of it this team competed well in So Cal over Turkey Day. With picking up the #1 pitcher from Heat this team got better, Retained pretty much all starters. Bring back a healthy roster n this team will compete well.

7. KG Hitters: I heard this team rolled over some players again?? They were always hot and cold in Fall will be interesting to see what they put together

8. Foothill Gold: Anyone have info on what has gone on with this team? Did they lose any or pick up any. It's funny how Foothill Gold stays off everyone's radar and away from the BS but I thought they did a pretty good job with this team in fall.

9. NC Valley Stompers: This team seemed to have pretty good coaching they got better as the season went on which is always a good sign. Any idea if they stayed intact?

10. USA Elite Pfenning: From what I can tell the roster is pretty much the same any insight on the moves this team had.

The rest of the teams on this list are in no order just as they came to mind

11. Hanks Bombers Josh and Martin have done a good job with the team. These girls seem to have improved all season. They had no tryouts and kept the entire team together which means they must be happy with the direction they are heading.

12. CA Breeze New coach, a few core girls and a lot of rebuilding to do. I hope they can put a good team together. Good luck to you guys.

13. RR Gold A/B Anyone with info on this team players they lost players they picked up.

14.MVP Renegades This team had a few 99's in key positions over the season if they picked up quality players to add to the mix they should be a descent mid pack team who might step up and surprise you here or there.

15. Mizuno AA Coronado I listed them as an 01 team by mistake before. Looking at the size and how they played I just assumed... Sorry. Hopefully this team was able to add some good players over tryouts from what I was told they got a late start last at tryouts last time. Wish them luck in the hunt for players.

16. Grapettes Mendez This was a new team last season I was only able to see them play a few time. They looked liked they improved over the fall season not sure if they have kept the core together or not.

17. OBS Monarchs Blue!!! I left you off the list and you didn't contact me??? Got to see the Monarchs play last season in a few tournaments. The games I saw, a lot of small ball yet at the same time had a few that really put the bat on the ball. They were pretty aggressive on the bases. I would think Corey would be helping out with the team while the older girls are in High School.

18.AASA Virchis This is another team who was new in fall. Pretty sure they were primarily 00 players with a mix of 01's The team seemed to be headed in the right direction a few key pick ups and this team to could surprise a few.

Fresno Friends: We will all be rolling into town April 27,28. Fill us in on whats happening in Fresno.

19. Fresno Force This team won a few local Fresno Tourneys this last season. Played well when they traveled North. Tryouts are coming this weekend.

20. CC Dirt Dogs The 00 team looked pretty won a few games in the tourney I saw beating a few pretty good teams. Tryouts are this weekend.

21. Clovis Rockets/The Freeze. This team had combined with the Krush from the Fresno area in the fall. They came up to the Dugout Wars Tournament in Roseville and competed very well. The coach had made reference that they might try and play a little more in Stockton and Sac in 2013. Sounds like they picked up a few good players.
Last edited by linedrivelouie on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
linedrivelouie

by noncrazynorcal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 pm

linedrivelouie wrote:As I have said before. I will start this Thread by saying please remember these are 11 and 12 year old girls we are talking about, Please be respectful when talking about these teams.
linedrivelouie wrote:3. Lady Magic: This is a bold move by both party's. I have listed this team in the top 5 based on the players on paper. This team should compete well however combining 2 teams is always difficult to make last with out imploding because of parents. Wish them the best.

They don't even have a roster listed. BTW, nice, respectful dig at the parents.

I listed them as an 01 team by mistake before. Looking at the size and how they played I just assumed... Sorry. Hopefully this team was able to add some good players over tryouts from what I was told they got a late start last at tryouts last time. Wish them luck in the hunt for players.

What a respectful way to compliment these 11-12yo girls.
noncrazynorcal

by linedrivelouie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

NCN your post is proof everyone here goes to the dark side and thinks the worst. I would think at this point most would see I am not here to bash coaches, players or Orgs.

noncrazynorcal wrote:
linedrivelouie wrote:3. Lady Magic: This is a bold move by both party's. I have listed this team in the top 5 based on the players on paper. This team should compete well however combining 2 teams is always difficult to make last with out imploding because of parents. Wish them the best.

They don't even have a roster listed. BTW, nice, respectful dig at the parents.

You have been living under a rock if you do not know who the first 11 on this team are at this point. Roster posted or not the planet knows. No dig meant towards the parents, just a simple fact that when you combine teams it is difficult on parents. Teams have a pecking order like it or not. when you combine a group who are use to batting in the top of the line up many have issues with their DD batting 8th or 9th or being 10 or 11 on Sunday and sitting. Another issue parents have when teams merge is someone starting ahead of their DD on the field. Like I said wish them the best and I really do.

noncrazynorcal wrote:
linedrivelouie wrote:
I listed them as an 01 team by mistake before. Looking at the size and how they played I just assumed... Sorry. Hopefully this team was able to add some good players over tryouts from what I was told they got a late start last at tryouts last time. Wish them luck in the hunt for players.

What a respectful way to compliment these 11-12yo girls.
[/quote]

This was not meant as a dig on this team. Saying the girls are smaller in size is not a cut, there are plenty of great small players. The comment on their play meant they were a little scrappy and I saw a little small ball in the games I watched. (Common of the younger teams in the age group.)

Keep it Classy
linedrivelouie

by Bob Uecker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

Louie,

We appreciate what you do and the time you put into putting your "respectful" views with each ranking. Keep up the good fight! ;)
Bob Uecker

by noncrazynorcal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Ok you're off the hook. Can we expect that you will also do lists for the 01 teams?
noncrazynorcal

by linedrivelouie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm

A little love for the little ones you ask??

I did not follow many of the 01 teams over the fall as I tend to think the first year 12's teams are to hot and cold. I try not to rank the first year 12u teams as you just never know what they are going to do game to game.

The typical first year 12u team (if they are pretty good) tends to hang in and run with the second year team until they hit that one melt down inning we have all been apart of... Close game, 2 outs, feeling pretty good that we are still in it and... wait for it... wait for it... YEP!!! The wheels just fell off the bus and we are down by 7 runs now.

I do not like to put things on here unless I feel the info is pretty concrete so I will give you a few of my thoughts and once the season kicks off we can watch them play and form opinions.

In no ranked order at all just as they come to mind.

LTG Lions From what I have been told they have picked up quite a few players from the old Mizuno Cervelin team that went to 10u Nationals. This team should be a strong 01 team who ruins the day for some unexpected 00 teams.

Grapettes "Slice" Anyone who knows Robert will tell you this team will execute small ball and have pretty sound fundamentals. Not sure what they have picked up but this will be another 01 team who is a pain in the A$$ at times :lol: :lol: For those of you who don't know Robert, the only reason he is so loud on the field is years of that God awful music he plays has killed his hearing!!!

OBS Monarchs Cat I would think most of Cat's girls followed her to OBS. Another coach who get's it. Alot to be said for 2 female coaches who do not have daughters on the team. They will push to play the best teams every weekend.

AASA Richardson I am not sure if they lost many of the girls to the Grapes or not with the coaching moves but this was a strong 01 team in fall. If they were able to retain the girls and stay the course they will be just fine.

San Jose Sting Noriega This team was doing all the right things in fall. They had a little Lefty pitcher who I thought was one of the better 01 pitchers around. With the fall they had I would think they are pretty much still intact.

Lady Spartans 01 I was told they have lost a few pitchers and maybe another 1 or 2 players to the Lions. This was a strong team in 10u. With what they have lost it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Roseville Heat 01 This team had a lot of the right pieces to the puzzle in place during the fall but as did their older sisters in the Org, they seem to have lost a ton of the starters over to the competition. Rumor is their pitching is still intact which could help them find some good players. As you know pitching is Key.

Nor Cal Elite Boykin Not sure why but I always liked Matt. (I say that because I have only had a few conversations with him ever.) I think he has always done a good job putting teams together and seems to get the best out of the players he gets. Didn't get to see them much in fall but either way his team should improve over the season.

CA Breeze 01 I saw a few names from their roster pop up on other teams. I was told they lost a pitcher, Middle Infielder and maybe 3rd base. Hard to say how that will affect them. Being the Breeze and being based out of Elk Grove they have a good chance at picking up TB parents who like the Bingo thing. Elk Grove also has a solid Rec program so you never know who might have made the jump to TB and surprised us.

KG Hitters 01 Bill Gaito is now coaching the 01 team. For those of you who do not know Bill he was with Nor Cal Smackers for awhile. Not sure where the old coach went. Not sure if any or how many of the girls followed.

Nevada Lightning I was told Brian Clary who was coaching Nevada Comets in 10u was part of this staff. Brian had a good little 10u team going, if players stayed with they might be an 01 team to watch.

Foothill Gold 01 I know nothing about this team. I never saw them play in Fall. Maybe a little help from the Bucket...

Folsom Freedom 01 The only reason I know who they are is I watched the little red head pitch for them in 10's one weekend. I know she is no longer their but it made me think. Maybe a little help from the Bucket...

Mizuno Ybarra Another team who never played a team I was watching during fall. Maybe a little help from the Bucket...

Any 01 teams I missed???
linedrivelouie

by Sftball Junkie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm

The strangest thing happened to me today. I was driving up I5 and there was this trail of Grapevines going up the center divide, I was suppose to exit in Woodland but these vines were still there. Curious why Grapevines were lining the freeway I followed them. A few hours later they stopped in the Redding/Shasta area. Low and behold right next to a Grapettes 12u Redding tryout sign??? Anyone have any idea whats up here? I didn't even know they grew Grapes in Redding!!!

Can anyone shed light on the new 12u Sorcerer's team. Are they an 01 team or an 00 team and who might be coaching it.
Sftball Junkie

by Coach Kat » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:16 pm

http://www.redding.com/news/2012/jun/15 ... -softball/

Charlie's Oldest daughter played at San Jose State, his middle daughter is a pitcher at University of Oregon (Cheridan Hawkins), his niece (Chelsey Holley) plays for our Grapettes 18 gold team and just verballed to UC Riverside. He will be coaching his 11 year old niece with a start up 12u team from the "North State" area. He will be a welcome addition to the Grapettes family!
Coach Kat

by Iluvblue » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

17. OBS Monarchs Blue!!! I left you off the list and you didn't contact me??? Got to see the Monarchs play last season in a few tournaments. The games I saw, a lot of small ball yet at the same time had a few that really put the bat on the ball. They were pretty aggressive on the bases. I would think Corey would be helping out with the team while the older girls are in High School.

That is because I dont really care where our team is at on the list:) I will be spending ALL of my time with this team from Jan-May. we just added a pitcher to this team that has been together for 2 years and added a big time athlete to complete the roster. I cant wait to see how they do this Summer:)

To be honest, i was surprised to see how well we did in Stockton. We played with pretty much everyone we played... which I wasnt expecting. They will be MUCH better by April.
Iluvblue

Next

Return to NorCal